Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I think our illustrious LPer has gone soft. He's playing a game that doesn't appear to suck. It's got some issues, sure, but clearly is far superior to … say … Knight's Contract. I think the strain is getting to him too. Seems to be reaching for things to be overly snarky about.

Or maybe I'm just reaching for things to talk about that others haven't said. This looks like it's going to be a fun journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Edit: NVM, reading comprehension fail on my part.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Thotimx posted:

a game that doesn't appear to suck. It's got some issues, sure, but clearly is far superior to … say … Knight's Contract.

Fleshwit posted:

I fully trust that this games story will break down into nonsense by the halfway point.

I had my doubts. I had higher hopes and thought the Council would keep it together.

Let it be known that I was wrong. I was very, very wrong.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Jade Star posted:

So my tinfoil was right... Mortimer is immortal and the spear is the only the thing can kill him. Ha

I remember reading that and thinking 'that's ridiculous. They're never going to do that. Right? Please? Nah, there's no way this will be that … ".

I beg the board's forgiveness for thinking SelMart would LP a game as sensible as I initially thought this one would be. Maximum Roman Holiday meets the mother of all acid trips meets I don't even freaking know what at this point.

I particularly like introducing mind-reading as a talent when the game's almost over and there's almost nobody left to use it on. My brain searches from the proper adjectives to describe how I feel about the Council now, but I have not the vocabulary to express them. There are far worse games. It still has major, significant redeeming attributes. Which really makes it more aggravating to me. When a game doesn't pretend to be anything more than a steaming pile of crap, or even mediocrity, then it can still be appreciated for what it is. I expected a lot more out of this from the first couple of episodes. *Sigh*.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

One of my favorite parts is after each one of these little pep talks, the alpha asks Louis to stay behind and nobody ever thinks it's weird that it is always Louis and never anyone else.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I'm just going to say that why doesn't the nail kill Louis if all you have to do is 'touch the blood of an ancient'. Didn't he touch it too? Most of the rest has already been covered, but extra-wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Everything at the end with Von Wollner was really poorly explained. He's clearly not a daemon,

Isn't he a daemon? I thought for sure Holm said Von Wollner was his son, the whole punishing him for trying to kill Louis bit.