Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Looks like War in the East 2 is up for pre-orders. At the bottom of the Matrix page I saw the sentence "The first 1000 manual orders will ship on April 16th" and thought for a moment that meant filling out an order form by hand and mailing it in for someone to send you a physical copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Kangra posted:

Looks like War in the East 2 is up for pre-orders. At the bottom of the Matrix page I saw the sentence "The first 1000 manual orders will ship on April 16th" and thought for a moment that meant filling out an order form by hand and mailing it in for someone to send you a physical copy.

In fairness, that would be a very Matrix Games way of doing things.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new wallpaper tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

I'm looking at the UI for WitE2 and it's basically identical.

Meanwhile DC:Ardennes is looking like a real step up in terms of presenting information to the player.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I'm about a month into the campaign in my first game of DC:B and would be curious to hear any takes from veterans on my progress so far. I'm really enjoying the game but I've definitely made some blunders and don't have a great sense of whether I'm on pace or totally screwed. All of the below is from the start of turn 9 / July 24, no moves have been made yet:

Starting in AGN, the 18th Army is pushing north towards Talinn while the 16th Army is bogged down in the swamps around Ostrov. 4th PG is resting until next turn, which I think was probably a mistake - I wanted to time it so that they came off rest the same turn as my FSB at Riga became operational but screwed up and now I've got 14k fuel with my mobile divisions sitting idle.

In AGC I'm attempting an encirclement around Orsha, but a huge number of Soviet divisions have shown up outside Smolensk and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with them and closing/liquidating the pocket at the same time. This feels like a mess and but I need to stabilize the front before resting my panzers.

Stiff resistance in AGS west of Kiev - these new lighter-colored armor divisions with a ton of T34s scare me. I don't want to send my panzers against all of those Soviet troops in the forest east of Zhitomyr, which means no pocket here. Leaning towards pushing into Zhitomyr with infantry and saving my armor to try and set up a larger encirclement around Kiev.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing in this sector of AGS. I suspect Kirovograd is undefended but I may need to send the 11th Army to push east to the Dnepr instead.

Some questions:

1. When do you guys usually change the posture of your infantry armies? I moved my PGs off of Blitzkrieg posture a few turns in to conserve fuel, but all of my infantry armies are still on Blitzkrieg. It's not going to be fun to eat the PP and turn of disruption to get them onto Sustained Offensive.

2. Is there any way to see how much Fatigue a division has accumulated? The manual describes the effects but I can't find it in the UI.

3. How does the Reinforcement card you get for the 2nd Army's arrival in AGC work? I get that you can place the HQ unit at a position of your choice, but when and how do the actual combat divisions show up?

4. I am going to need to refit my trucks soon, which seems like a gigantic pain in the rear end that will kill any offensive momentum. Any tips on managing that process? My trucks in AGS especially are not doing well.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

Bold Robot posted:

Some questions:

1. When do you guys usually change the posture of your infantry armies? I moved my PGs off of Blitzkrieg posture a few turns in to conserve fuel, but all of my infantry armies are still on Blitzkrieg. It's not going to be fun to eat the PP and turn of disruption to get them onto Sustained Offensive.

2. Is there any way to see how much Fatigue a division has accumulated? The manual describes the effects but I can't find it in the UI.

3. How does the Reinforcement card you get for the 2nd Army's arrival in AGC work? I get that you can place the HQ unit at a position of your choice, but when and how do the actual combat divisions show up?

4. I am going to need to refit my trucks soon, which seems like a gigantic pain in the rear end that will kill any offensive momentum. Any tips on managing that process? My trucks in AGS especially are not doing well.

Novice trying to answer here:

1. I've only played a couple of games against the AI but I think I switched over around the point where you are at now. Note that Blitzkrieg posture also adds fatigue to your infantry...

2. Select the unit and hit the "R" report button.

3. The turn after you put down the HQ, the divisions have a percentage chance of arriving as reinforcements, like other reinforcing divisions do. Make sure to keep the HQ in a city, which doubles the chance of each division arriving. This is how Soviet reinforcements are handled as well.

4. I don't really understand the truck refit option. It seems to cost a lot of PP but is that all it costs? Like does it pull existing trucks off the line and reduce the flow to my panzer groups until they're fixed?

I've seen a couple of people looking for PBEM buddies to play DC:B in this thread. I'd be interested in playing Soviets in a human vs human game, because the computer playing as Germany seems to outrageously cheat and can make inroads far, far faster than I can as a human playing Germany. A bit afraid of the time commitment and I can't promise super fast turnaround, but if anyone is more on the novice end and would like to play, let me know. I have never actually played a full game out to completion - as the Germans playing on easy mode I have captured Leningrad and Rostov in late October and am closing in on Moscow, but that is as far as I've gotten. As Soviets I've only made it in 9-10 turns before getting frustrated at the magic panzers who don't need fuel or army cohesion.