Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Speaking of which, the Supreme Ruler devs just announced something called Galactic Ruler.

Steam Store Page Link:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1138440

Announcement Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdBROy_48qI

It sure is... something. Supreme Ruler engine stretched to multiple planets and systems, with an extra hex-based space map. Considering how they never managed to build a competitive AI or describe how the game’s systems actually work, I have a feeling this will go poorly.

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

I've been waiting almost 15 years for them to turn Supreme Ruler into a decent game. Hasn't happened yet. I don't know why I keep buying these games, but you at least can learn from my mistakes

Yeah, same. At this point, with a bunch of other stuff out there, your time can be spent better elsewhere.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh ffs, second pre-TN game down the drain in a day. That’ll teach me.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Aurora question! I'm trying to move a mass driver to a comet. My transport ship has a shuttle bay and 25k cargo space, and loads the mass driver just fine. I don't have the unload installation order available for any body other than my home world.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

unicr0n posted:

You’ve setup the comet as a colony?

Oh gently caress I had no idea. Makes sense - thanks!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Not that I’m remotely interested in doing it, but what kind of effort does decompiling something like DF or Aurora entail and what results can you realistically expect?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Steve seems to have struck a sweet spot of complexity for grog space nerds. No other dev seems to be interested in that approach, though, and all open source alternative projects die off quickly. Aurora, like DF, is both a sim and a story generator. It’s all a bit bizarre.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Refueling standing order is a bit wonky, I always felt. Refueling when tanks are less than 50% full doesn’t mean there’s a refueling point in the vicinity. Ships should keep track of the range of the nearest refueling point - something I’m sure is possible in the C implementation - and the order should be “refuel when needed”. I kinda agree there’s some needless chores in the game but c’est la vie with this kind of stuff.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Are there any interesting Grog games focusing on the 1870-71 Franco-Prussian bruhaha?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Does Aurora have a starting system generator yet? I don’t think I can do another Sol start and genning your own system to start in was a pain in the butt around a year ago.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Grey, you've gotten too used to getting free stuff.

Where’s this coming from all the sudden

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Replace all Russian elite units with conscripts, move only on odd turns.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Grognard Games Megathread - storeowner dead

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Has there been any interesting developments with Aurora in the last year? I don’t have it in me to navigate the arcane patch update posts in the forums.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sigh :homebrew: I’m in and plopping frigates outside of Kaliningrad for a small showdown scenario.

Dymytris - am I doing something wrong that I only see one Oliver Perry class (272) of the Polish navy in the database and not the second one (273)? Or is the database not complete?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Dimitris posted:

"Hostility"? For real?

Go out and touch some grass, guys.

Eh. It didn’t come off very well. Thread is right.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I’m too successful now to continue taking feedback from you plebes. In fact, most online forums are poo poo now with my new status. Luckily I now have a cm to shovel the poo poo. Buy, fuckers!

* speeds off in a sports carts, crashes into tree, falls out comically *

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I really thought the last of the grog cd-key-by-email devs died out of old age and covid yet here we are with a new generation, nice to see some things just don’t die off

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Popete posted:

I work in software development (not video games) and if I told my customer they shouldn't complain about bugs after release if they didn't find them during development I'd be laughed at/and or fired.

Yes but are u very successful

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Can you run one long campaign or are these divided into decades or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Drone posted:

In typical grogdev fashion it looks like this is only available in the US. Or at least it's not available for purchase here in Germany.

Weird! I can get it in Poland so it’s not an EU thing.