Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Wait, is this new thread free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Yooper posted:

New dev diary on Unity of Command 2.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/809230/announcements/detail/1618392861327357479

gently caress that looks nice.

Dear god, it's beautiful.

The sentiment about UI being important, I mean.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

It also worked out of the box for me at 1440p.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Their stupid DRM and store experience are my main complaints about Battlefront, so going to steam and having meaningful discounts are definitely going to keep me buying their games even if the engine upgrades are a DLC or something.

Of course, I'm not going to go so far as imagine that they will get their programs written better so they actually run well.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Didn't someone who knows graphics magic look at what the Combat Mission games are doing and deduce that it's using like the most inefficient DirectX 7 operations that take thousands of times more processor operations than current DX stuff?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Caconym posted:

Well... This refers to the fire control radars again, and we knew this already.
It says nothing of the air search radars (top of the mainmast, hidden in smoke on all the "after" pictures) other than that detecting sea skimmers is hard and leave you with little time to react.

I absolutely refuse to believe they were running emcon with air search radars off, they had to know the US had planes up and were tracking them, there would be no point at all.

If the readiness report is real, and the translation is accurate, this could be a reason.

https://twitter.com/GrangerE04117/status/1522654212307386368

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Fuligin posted:

Pretty much the same experience. I couldn't handle being responsible for literally every task, but mayhap that's been patched upon

I found it to be a lot of fun playing with two friends where you could each handle certain tasks. Eventually it got kinda same-ish and we set it aside last year; we'll get back to it again at some point I'm sure.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Why do grog devs hate that people buy and try to play their games and want them to work right? Lol. The consistency across the genre is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Infidelicious posted:

I vaguely remember a Black Sea GvG LP where people got really buttmad about whoever was inputing orders on the Russian side getting their T90 sideshot.

There was definitely a Black Sea let's play where I got pissed when whoever was doing input ran our tanks into an open field instead of behind a treeline and laughed with the observers about how it was gonna blow up. Like, bro I can get my own poo poo blown up pretty easily without any help, thank you.

I'm always down for more Battlefront LPs because I sure am stupid about what games I think are fun and what horrendous software I'll put up with. Though, all those LPs should have team-based inputters because the games win or lose on how badly you misjudge LOS half the time. (That single leaf keeping your 4 man AT team from shooting at a whole platoon of tanks is some sort of metaphor isn't it?)