Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I heard there should be a patch in a day or so for the worst of the bugs so people may want to wait a bit

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Aurora C# 1.10 patch out:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10667.0

quote:

This fixes most outstanding bugs. I am still working on the list below, but I thought it was worth bringing out an update in the meantime.

To-Do
Supply below 20 Conditional Order not working
No Maintenance not working.
All Stable not working
Jump shock affecting subsequent jumps for too long
Fuel burning too fast with Task Force Training
Unload tasks not using Max Items

RIP Design Philosophy button :911:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Haha drat he's seriously churning this stuff out! Hooray for...coronavirus? That can't be right.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Make sure you have enough logistic vehicle units to supply vital pasta water.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Saros posted:

Are there still emergency cryo pods for that situation? Can be useful to have the 200 slot pods to stuff your rescuee's into until they get offloaded rather than all the extra living quarters space.

Yesh cryo now counts for that, vs VB6 where it didn't and everyone on your rescue ship died huffing their own farts.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Aurora 1.10.0 is out! (not savegame compatible)

Lots of bug fixes, some additional game changes including being able to open the not-legally-actionable-Eye Rift Of Terror if u feelin froggy.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
The only ships that don't use MSP one way or another are wholly commercial ships - eg no weapons or other military systems (confusingly, a jump drive that can jump military engines is called a "military jump drive", but it's still a commercial component). All military ships need to be maintained.

If your defense ships are at a planet or base with sufficient maintenance facilities/modules, the ship itself won't experience breakdowns but the maintenance facilities will still use MSP per year equal to Class Cost / 4 to keep it up. Further maintenance rules are listed in this post in the Changes thread

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Saros posted:

Be nice guys we are all friends here.

Boy I really hope someone got fired for that blunder!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Saros posted:

I've been playing around with Children of a Dead Earth's level builder and it's reached the point where I am making spreadsheets to calculate if my bodies make sense astrophysically.

Send help.

"And here, we see clear evidence of the continuing severe grognitive decline of the patient. There is sadly no cure, but distress in the patient can be managed with regular infusions of hexmaphetamines."

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
new Aurora C# 1.12 version out!

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11944

itshappening.gif

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Phi230 posted:

Last time I played, the Sol system had no resources anywhere but earth. Is that fixed

When was that? I don't remember that ever happening to me. Regardless, yes minerals can show up in other Sol bodies.

Also if you don't like the mineral amounts you can use SM mode to rerun the mineral generation in the system or simply set them explicitly.

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 11, 2020

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
The "supply ship" was actually a Dahir Insaat class container drone carrier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

MS Paint with Visual Basic spreadsheets

EXCUSE ME, Aurora 4X is now C# spreadsheets tyvm :colbert:

Sorta related, you can build battlestar type ships in Aurora but specialized ships are usually better for minmaxing, if not nearly as fun.