Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
We must complete the mission as quickly as possible before things get worse. We need engineering, but we don't need science right now, and we want to clear off as many occupied personnel as possible to quarters.

Orders
1. Use the command die to switch a science die to engineering.
2. Use the two engineering dies to complete the Travel objective.
3. Convert the two science remaining to a medical die and cure the person in sickbay. We don't need the science, but we don't want to lock them both into development.
4. Use the remaining medical die to work on the Diagnostic Scanner. It will likely be useful down the line. The personnel is locked into development until it's completed, right? Or am I misunderstanding?
5. Use the security to clear a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Continuing on the same basic plan as last time,
1. Use the Engineering die to complete the Transport objective.
2. Use Command to convert the remaining Engineering to Medical. Use the two medical to finish Diagnostic Scanner. We expect to have 2 people in sickbay next turn, we can get them out then.
3. Use the Security die to clear a Threat. This leaves us with a science die to hold on to, I guess.
4. Allocate 3 dice for the Away team. They can do anything the shipboard dice can do for now, and can't become a threat.

EDIT: What does adding an additional security station net us? The ability to hold another die between turns?
EDIT 2: Commands updated.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 16, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

inflatablefish posted:

Oops, let me clarify - if I'm reading you correctly, we can only complete the Scan task using Away Team Science Dice, so saving one on the ship wouldn't be much use because we have nothing to spend it on.

I didn't read it as "only away team dice can be used for the event", so if that's true I'd keep 2 people on the ship + 1 in sickbay and 7 people on the planet.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FredMSloniker posted:

While the Away Team is active, shipboard Crew Dice can't be used to complete Mission Phases, so inflatablefish is right. However, we have one Threat Die in addition to the Crew Die in Sickbay, so you only have eight Crew Dice you can allocate. Do you want to send six down, keep one on, or...?

Curses! I did overlook the threat die. 6 to planet, then - if I understand it correctly, this means that there isn't enough crew on the ship to generate enough threat for a random event this turn, so that's less of a worry.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Rorahusky posted:

I see absolutely no reason to not do exactly that. We have the resources to deal with it now, and it would be best to do so while we can.

I concur. This round's tied up pretty neatly.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going in a somewhat different direction with my suggested orders:

1. Use the Engineer Die and convert two Medical dice to Science to clear the Repair objective.
2. Use the two Security dice and the Wild die to take the Security Station Card.
3. Fix the person in Sickbay with our remaining Medical die.
4. Use the Command die to start on the Reassigned development card.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FredMSloniker posted:

Slight problem with that: the Engineer Die is shipboard, and you can't use shipboard Crew Dice to complete Mission Objectives while an away team is deployed. What you can do if you want the Security Station Card is treat two away team Medical Dice as a Science Die, use the away team Wild Die as an Engineering Die, complete the Mission Stage with the away team Engineering and Science Dice, use the shipboard Command Die to turn the shipboard Engineering Die into a Security Die, use the shipboard Security Die and the away team Security Dice to complete the Security Station Development Card, and use the shipboard Medical Die to Heal the Crew Die in Sickbay. That completes all of your objectives but starting on the Reassigned Development Card. Would that be acceptable?

That would be more than acceptable, thank you. I hope to get a better handle on all of this for future missions.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
1. We need two medical dice on the Away team to clear the objective, so we use the command on ground to convert the Security to a Medical, and use that to handle the Cure objective.
2. That leaves us with a science and two wild cards remaining on the away team. We use the two wild cards as command die to pick up the Reassigned development card.
3. With the remaining away team science die, we can grab Sensor Probe as well.
4. This leaves us with the people on board the ship, and they don't have much to do at the moment, so we put the remaining medical die on the Medical Tricorder.
5. There is a security and science remaining, so I say we slot them into stations and see what happens next turn.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
We seem to be way ahead of schedule, and there's no incentive for finishing early other than the fact that things could go wrong, so I think it's safe to stall a turn or two.

1. Use the Security to clear 1 of the Threat.
2. Use one engineering die to get Dilithium Deposits
3. Use the two remaining engineering dice to get the Engineering Kit.
4. Use the Command die to convert the Science to Medical, then use the Medical and Wild die to pick up the Medical tricorder.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Spock seems like he would be more useful than anything else we could get for quite a while, so I'd make him a priority. We can't bank Away Team members for development die, but can we use them if they occur on that turn for the 5 total?

1. Use the command die on the ground to convert the medical die on the ship to Science, and apply that to Spock.
2. Use the security die on the ground to clear the threat. Keep the formerly threat die on board.
3. Use a wild die to heal both members in sickbay, keep them on board.
4. I don't see a lot of use for Personnel Transfer yet, but we can always exchange it for something we want more later, so if we can I'd like to pick it up with the remaining wild die.
5. This leaves us with an engineering die and a science die on the ground I can't see a use for, sadly.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I stand by the Spock priority, drat the risks!
1. Use the Security die to clear the threat.
2. Use the medical die to handle the person in Sickbay.
3. Attach the Science die to Spock
4. Efficient die usage is pretty important. While we haven't seen hull damage yet, the ability to fix it quickly seems like it would be more useful than our Engineering Kit and Sensor Probe, so let's exchange these two technology cards for one of equal or lesser value.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Great work, team!
1. Use three Science dice to claim Spock. I know it's assumed, but it's still fun to say.
2. Use the Engineering die to claim Dilithium Deposits. We might want those later.
3. Use the Command die to convert the Security die to Medical, cure the sickbay.
4. No need to rest here, time to move on. Complete the Development card and progress to the next mission.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Current priority: Keep working on efficiency, it'll pay off later.
1. Boosted Sensors seems quite nice, but we're at caps for tech. Exchange Medical Tricorder and Dilithium Deposits for them, and we'll have an extra slot to pick up...
2. Vulcan Nerve Pinch seems like it will be incredibly handy, especially since we already have Spock. We can use our Away Team Security and Science dies to claim it easily.
3. Use the medical die to clear the person in sickbay.
4. Use a security die to clear scanners
5. And off we go to Year 2.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Events are bad and we have time, so our priority in this mission is to keep them clear!
1. Use the two Science Die to clear the Coolant Leak Event. We need coolant to not explode in a terrible fireball in space.
2. Use Spock and convert the two Medical Dice to a Science die to clear the Scan Objective.
3. Use the Security die to clear scanners.
4. We're at cap for Active Development Cards, and none of the ones currently available seem as useful to me as the ones we have (though I'd like to see other people's opinions on that since I could be entirely wrong - I tend to overvalue passives).
5. Since the Mission Event is Draw an Event Card, and Objective 2 is also Draw One Event Card, does that mean we should expect two events next turn? If so, we should keep ready and bank those two Command dice.
6. If we have to send another die to Quarters due to overflow, can we Reassign to reroll it? If so, I think that's a plan in absence of another specific need for a die. The timing on Reassign is weird for the format we're using to play.
7. Questions on development cards:
Does Shuttlecraft Galileo let us complete multiple objectives in one turn, or does it just let us pre-pay the cost?
What counts as a "Challenge" for the purposes of Tricorder and Communicator? Events and objectives?

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Let's keep making headway where we can.
1. Clear objectives where possible - use the Engineering die to initiate transport.
2. Use the Security die to clear Sensors, and two of our Threat.
3. Okay, here's where it gets weird. Discard Personnel Transfer, we're unlikely to use it in the foreseeable future.
4. Use the Dilithium Deposits so we have 2 tech slots open. They're not super useful at the moment, but we can get more later.
5. Use the Command die to pick up Shuttlecraft Galileo.
6. Use Spock and the two Medical dice to get the Tricorder.
7. Exchange the Shuttlecraft and the Tricorder for the Communicator, which we'll need next turn. This sweeps all development cards letting us see some new ones, and gives us two open spaces to put consumeables (including the Communicator, which we'll be able to use next turn).
8. Bank one science die for next turn.
9. Deploy 6 crew down in the away team.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Reroll the surplus die, please. If it's not threat or more engineering, bank it for next turn with whatever it rolls. - Since we have rolled a Command die, hold it for now.
Other than that, we need to get out of this mission with all haste, these events are bad news.
1. Clear Transporter malfunction with 2 Engineering dice.
2. Bank the surplus engineering die
3. Convert the two Science dice and a Security die to a Command die and take Communicator.
4. Use the remaining security die to clear the threat.

EDIT: orders changed with new information

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 27, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, still focusing on getting out of here before too many new things go wrong. Reroll a science die on the away team, please. If it can be contained with current stations, I'd like it held for next turn.
1. Use the two security dice on the ground to clear the Planetary Guards.
2. Use the Communicator development card to solve the Influence objective.
3. Use the Away Team engineering die to repair the hull back up to full.
4. Convert the two Medical and one Science dice on the Away Team to Security and clear the threat.
5. Use the Command die on the shipboard Security to change it to Engineering and lock it in for next turn. We should be able to clear the Hull Breach next turn unless things get notably worse.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Gah, this is a bit rough, but we can do it. The surplus engineering die is not relevant to my plans.
1. Use a wild die on the away team as command to convert the command on the ship to engineering.
2. Since we have two engineering on the ship, use them to clear the hull breach.
3. Use the remaining wild die to fix two points of hull if possible or clear the die of threat if it is not.
4. Since Weapons Malfunction doesn't require shipboard personnel, the two Engineering members on Away team can handle it.
5. This leaves one command die, but I'd rather pass on taking Shuttlecraft Galileo - I think the other two cards are more useful and don't want them to be discarded. So instead let's complete the development objective and leave this eventful world.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, new year, new mission. We can do this!
1. Use Spock and a science die to clear the Communications Blackout event.
2. Use the two engineering dice to clear the Travel objective.
3. Use the two Security dice to clear the threat.
4. We'll need at least one Science next turn + Spock for the next objective, so hold the remaining science die.
5. The remaining medical die isn't going to be useful for at least 2 turns, so it can return to quarters.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Gah! This alien entity means business!
1. Reroll the surplus command die.
2. Use the two command to deal with the Entity event. We don't want this to get worse.
3. Use the science die and Spock to complete the Scan objective.
4. Use one engineering die to repair the hull.
5. Use the security die to clear all threat.
6. Keep one engineering die for next turn.
7. If the Reassigned roll comes up as anything other than Engineering, Threat, or Command, hold it for next turn. Otherwise, it can be returned to quarters unused.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Really enjoying this so far - there's enough variation between missions and events that it feels rewarding to think them through. Choices feel meaningful.
1. First priority should be to complete the mission. Use one engineering die to complete the Transport objective.
2. Next we need to deal with the explosive decompression before it gets any worse. Use Spock, the remaining engineering die, and the medical die to clear that.
3. We had a rough roll with a lot of threat this time, so use the Security die to clear off two of the threat.
4. Use the Command die to convert the remaining Science die to Medical, use that medical die to heal the person in sickbay.
5. We'll still have a Threat and a person in sickbay, so send 5 people down to the planet. We can realistically get at least one medical die and one non-medical die that can be converted with a Command die, but still leaves us with people on board to deal with any events to come up there.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 4, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
1. Use the two wild dice to clear the Plague Planet event before that makes this much more difficult.
2. Use the ship's command die to change the away team engineering die to medical.
3. Use one of the away team command dice to change the other away team command die to a second medical die.
4. Use the two newly minted away team medical dice to clear the Cure objective.
5. Use the security die to clear the scanners.
6. Use the ship's medical die to clear the sickbay.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
1. Use the two Away Team command dice to clear the By the Book event.
2. Use the Dilithium deposits (1).
3. Convert 2 security dice to one engineering die.
4. Use the 2 engineering dice to pick up Dilithium Deposits (2) to replace the one we used earlier. The ability to stay on task another couple of turns will likely be relevant down the line.
5. Use the wild die to fix the hull.
6. Complete the Development objective. I don't want us to get caught by another nasty event and I don't think it likely that we'll see a development card we need immediately over what we have already, and would rather move on.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
:argh: Turn order, my old nemesis, we meet again! Okay, so it's mission events/ stuff that happens to us, then deployment/we roll and assign people, then cleanup where we discard completed missions, then events, then developments in that order.
The updates have been very enjoyable - I prefer puzzling out the options for myself, but I also find it easy to skip over your recommendations so it works for me either way. The screenshots are definitely adding character, but it would be immensely difficult to piece together any real fiction for this without knowing the events in advance. The flavor is appreciated, though.

Interesting new devlopment card - it looks like there might be a very real Dilithium Build with the right cards, but we lucked into some real quality early on.
1. Use a Shipboard command die to change the onboard Medical die to security.
2. Use the three security dice to clear the Klingon Battlecruiser event.
3. Use an engineering die to fix the hull.
4. Complete the Development objective and let's skedaddle. Now the Klingons are getting involved, and we don't want to antagonize them!

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
New mission year, new events, new priorities. The roll could have been worse, and definitely could have been more useful, but we play the dice we're dealt.

1. Use the Security die to clear scanners.
2. Convert 3 Medical dice to 1 Engineering.
3. Use the two Engineering dice and the Tricorder to clear the Sensor malfunction event. We don't want to roll three Threat next turn and have things escalate further.
4. Use Spock to bring the shields fully back up - we're fully on-ship this time, so no away team, so we won't need to beam people down but we might catch another Klingon ship in the face.
5. This should leave us with three Science dice - apply two of them to Uhura. Autocancelling a Threat seems incredibly potent.
6. Return the remaining science die to quarters.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ooof, that's a punch in the gut. What would have happened if we didn't have a personnel development card? Would it have lingered, waiting for us to get one? Or would it just do nothing? In any case, Spock will be missed.

1. Use two Engineering dice to clear the Scanner Malfunction event.
2. Use the Command die to change a Medical die to Engineering.
3. Allocate the Engineering and Science dice to Uhura, giving us a good start on picking her up next turn.
4. This leaves us with two Security dice and one Medical die. Convert them into a Command die and take the Rousing Speech development card. Use it on the next threat that is rolled - keeping a development slot open is nice, but we need to see some churn on the development cards if we want to find better replacements.

Sidenote: Our Tactics cards have been only of limited use so far - Security Station occasionally allows us an extra die, Reassigned is not bad but awkward to use in this format, and due to bizarre coincidence Spock let us skip the Combat objective entirely this time. We should keep an eye open for replacements.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Interesting - we know what is coming, and how dangerous it is. We need to clear out of here ASAP, but the Scanner Malfunction event is risky to keep - I think we should prioritize getting rid of it first.
Note: I'm assuming we can't use Command to convert a die in Quarters, right?
1. There's only one point of Threat at the moment, so clearing the event also equates to clearing the point of threat in terms of immediate danger. So use a Command die to convert the Security die to Engineering.
2. Convert the three medical and science dice to Engineering as well.
3. Apply the two new Engineering dice to the Scanner Malfunction mission.
4. This will leave one Command die. Apply it to the Influence event so it doesn't count against our Command stations.
I'm not super worried about the battlecruisers while we still have full shields, so we'll likely be okay next turn.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

inflatablefish posted:

How about, if we have less than 3 out of 4 Threat (so an extra Threat wouldn't give us an Event Card), we reroll automatically?

I definitely agree with this.

What happens if we complete a mission with events still around? Do they follow us to next year? Can we not declare mission accomplished with a lurking event? Or can we just go "This isn't our problem anymore, peace out!" and move on.

1. We've got the two command to deal with the Influence objective, so let's do that first.
2. Convert two engineering dice to one security die, then use that die to clear the scanners.
3. Apply the Security die to the Klingon Battlecruiser event.
4. This leaves us with a medical die, and what we do with it changes depending on the roll.
4a. If we roll a second medical die, convert it to science and raise shields.
4b. If we roll a science die, raise shields and return the medical die to quarters.
4c. If we roll a security die, apply that to the Klingon Battlecruiser event and return the medical die to quarters.
4d. If anything else is rolled, return both dice to quarters.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 11, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
We seem to be missing a die? I'm only seeing 9 dice up there and only 9 people in stations - am I missing something?
EDIT: Answered below - I made a mistake and didn't count the allocated personnel.

We need to deal with these Klingons before things get too rough, and we have the time to deal with them before we need to move on.
1. Use one Science die to Raise Shields
2. Use a command die to convert a Medical die to Security.
3. Convert the two engineering dice to Security
4. Apply the two security dice to the partially completed Klingon Battlecruiser event.
5. Use a command die to convert the other medical die to security.
6. Apply that security die to the new battlecruiser.
7. This should leave us with a leftover science die. Bank it for next turn to reraise shields.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 12, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
We don't want to move into a new mission without resolving nasty lingereing events.
1. Convert the two Engineering dice to a Security die.
2. Use the two Security dice to clear the partially completed Klingon Battlecruiser event.
3. Use a science die to raise shields.
4. Use a command die to change the medical die to Security.
5. Apply that security to the new Klingon Battlecruiser.
6. This leaves us with 2 science dice. Keep one for next turn to bring the shields back up.
7. Do not complete the final objective at this time.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, we can do this!
1. Convert two Engineering dice to a Security die.
2. Use the Command die to convert the remaining Engineering die to Security.
3. Apply the two newly-minted Security dice to the Klingon Battlecruiser event, completing the event and giving us the hat trick.
4. Use the medical die to cure the person in sickbay.
5. Use a science die to raise the shields again.
6. Complete the Development objective.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FredMSloniker posted:

By the way, since I'm thinking of it... one way or another, our current game will be ending soon. I assume there's enough interest for at least one more go, so I have two questions. One, what difficulty level should we try next? (As a reminder, higher difficulty means a smaller dilithium reserve and wear and tear events happening sooner.) And two, should we shuffle the decks before playing? If we don't, we'd get to see more new content, but we wouldn't be seeing any of the great Development Cards we've seen any time soon. On the other hand, we wouldn't be seeing some of those nasty Event Cards any time soon, either...

This has been very fun, and I think we're getting a good hold on it, so I think going up to Hard would be the best option. Kobayashi Maru mode seems (intentionally) brutal, and I don't think we'd last very long unless we got very lucky early on.
About what percentage of available missions/events/development cards have we seen? If it's close to or more than half, reshuffle 'em. Otherwise, I think we should focus more on the new stuff.

Ooh, this mission looks fun. That event is important, but I think we're better served by focusing on the mission objective this turn.
1. Use the Security die to clear scanners.
2. Use a Command die to change an Engineering die to Science.
3. Use a Command die to change the Medical die to Science.
4. Use the two science dice to lower shields.
5. That leaves us with the two Engineering dice required for the Transport objective, so we use them there and move on to the next.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, nice easy event to deal with, let's get cracking!
1. Convert 2 engineering dice to 1 security die.
2. Use the 2 security dice to clear the Alien Probe event.
3. Convert 2 medical dice to 1 science die.
4. Use the 2 science dice to lower shields.
5. Use the remaining engineering die to complete the Transport objective.
6. This leaves us with 1 medical die, it can safely be returned to quarters.
7. Beam down 6 dice to away team.

Sidebar: After we complete the next objective, the Vulcan Nerve Pinch tactic will have no purpose. We can probably safely trade it and Security Station away for Reroute Power to Engines. Then we can see if there's any new relevant development card that appears.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Need to get on top of things before they start snowballing. We'll need medical soon!
1. Use 2 Shipboard Security dice to clear the Alien Probe event.
2. Use 1 Away Team Security die to clear the Combat event with the power of the awe-inspiring Vulcan Nerve Pinch.
3. Use 2 Away Team Science dice to clear the Quarantine event.
4. Use the Dilithium Deposits (2) development card. There's no point in holding it until later.
5. I'm not sure on how the ordering for tech exchanges fits - do we exchange before clearing missions or after? If after, exchange the Vulcan Nerve Pinch and Security Station development cards for Reroute Power to Engines. If not, use the two wild dice to pick up Reroute Power to Engines.
6. This leaves us with quite a lot of dice that aren't immediately useful. Bank the remaining Wild Dice (if any) and Medical die. All other dice can return to quarters.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Curse this new event! We can't even use the Tricorder to deal with it! But we do seem to be on top of things... just have to worry about 2 events at this point.
1. We have two medical dice, so let's use them to clear the Cure objective.
2. Use the wild die and the shipboard science die to clear the Ion Storm event.
3. Keep the shipboard engineering die and the away team command die for next turn.
4. All other dice can return to quarters.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, okay, we can still handle this. This event's pretty interesting - if it happens at the wrong time, it can force a game loss because we can't resolve it and a transport objective on the same turn.
1. We can't use the away team to solve the event, but we can use the away team in other ways. Use the Away Team Command die to change a Shipboard Science die to Engineering.
2. Use the two shipboard Engineering dice to clear the Transporter Malfunction event.
3. I assume it's not a legal move, but if I'm wrong use the Engineering die on the Away team to beam everyone back up. If not, bank it for next turn, please.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I think Hard is the best choice for us - Maru mode seems too brutal for my taste.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy, nice start. We can do this! Sulu is going to be at his most useful right now, so he should be the priority followed by Kirk.

1. Convert 2 science dice to 1 medical die.
2. Use 1 medical die to cure die in sickbay.
3. Use 1 security die to clear scanners.
4. Convert 2 security dice to an engineering die.
5. Use the 2 engineering dice, command die, and science die to claim Sulu. This lets us claim the mission objective for free next turn, lets us ignore some events down the line, and probably lets us keep our shields up all the time.
EDIT: See below for my error, but I stand by the orders.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 24, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
We're doing pretty well so far, I think.
1. Convert 2 Security dice to 1 Engineering die.
2. Use 2 Engineering, 1 Science, and the shipboard command die to claim Sulu. I still think he's the best choice this early.
3. Use the Wild die to heal the die in Sickbay.
4. This leaves us with 1 Science and 1 Command on the away team, so they can be sent to the sickbay for the second mission objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Let's focus on the objective while we can complete it then work on getting Kirk until things start getting (dare I say it) dicey.

1. Use the Wild Die and Medical Die to clear the Cure mission objective.
2. Convert the two Science dice on the ship to a Medical die and cure one person in sickbay.
3. Convert the two Engineering dice and Security die to a Medical die and cure the other person in sickbay.