Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Proposing Hard Difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

I see absolutely no reason to not do exactly that. We have the resources to deal with it now, and it would be best to do so while we can.

Agreed.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MaskedHuzzah posted:

I'm going in a somewhat different direction with my suggested orders:

1. Use the Engineer Die and convert two Medical dice to Science to clear the Repair objective.
2. Use the two Security dice and the Wild die to take the Security Station Card.
3. Fix the person in Sickbay with our remaining Medical die.
4. Use the Command die to start on the Reassigned development card.

Seconding this

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

I say Claim the Sensor Probe using our shipboard Science die, use the Away Team Command die to change the Security to a Medical, use the two Medical to clear the objective, and lock our shipboard Medical for use next turn to deal with the final person sent to Sickbay next turn.

I concur. A most logical course of action.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Five people posted, so I roll a D5 and hit Technowolf. Which is a... slight issue, because he agreed with Rorahusky's original plan, but then Rorahusky changed his mind to follow nweismuller's plan. Which is superior to Rorahusky's original plan in every way but one: instead of saving a shipboard Medical Die, he used it to Heal right now. Technowolf, would you rather save the die or use it? I'll give you some time to decide, but if I don't hear from you, I'll flip a coin or something.

Use it

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I say stall, use the Command die and one Wild die to claim the communicator card, put the Science and one Wild die on Mr. Spock, and use the Medical Die to heal the two personnel is Sick Bay. I have no clue what to use the Engineering and Security dice for, so I say bank them if we're able.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spend 1 Engineering, 1 Medical, and Spock's Science to clear Explosive Decompression.Use the Command die to change the Science die to Medical and then use it to heal our injured. Use 1 Security to Clear Sensors (rolling with one threat is an acceptable risk). Then use 1 Engineering to beam down 6 crew dice.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 2 Medical (as one Science), one Science, and 2 Engineering to claim Uhura. Re-roll one of our Security dice and pray to the Prophets for a second command die. If we get it then complete the mission step. Otherwise, lock in our 1 command from this turn.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

inflatablefish posted:

Spend 2 Engineering to clear the Scanner Malfunction.
Convert 2 Security to 1 Engineering, convert 2 Med + 1 Sci to 1 Engineering, spend with the Tricorder to collect Uhura.
Bank the Command Die for next turn.

Tricorder's only for challenges.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 1 Security to clear sensors. Use 2 Command to progress the mission.

Blare this from every speaker on the ship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wJRrvVgZI

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 1 security to clear the scanners. Use 2 command to clear the event. Use 2 engineering to repair the hull. We can start completing the mission next turn.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Throw 1 security and 2 engineering at the Alien Probe until it's kill counter overflows and it shuts down. Use 1 science and 2 medical to lower shields. Use the remaining 1 engineering to clear the mission stage. Lock in 1 medical and send 6 dice down. (This is assuming that the Transport action requires you to send people down.)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 2 shipboard Security to clear Alien Probe. Use 2 Away Team Science to clear the Quarantine. Use 2 Away Team Security to clear the Mission Task.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I think we can handle Hard mode.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Move the 2 Security dice to sickbay (redshirts are the ones most likely to contract Space Plague). Use the Away Team's Command die on the Engineering to turn it into a Medical die. Then use the new Medical die, the Wild die, and the 2 Science die as a 2 Medical to clear out Sickbay. Keep the shipboard command locked.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I say complete the mission now (that makes us discard Science Station, right?) and save Dilithium Deposits for an actually hard mission.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use the 3 Wild Dice as Science to grab Science Station. Use 1 Command Die to change another Command Die into Science to get Sensor Probe. Finish the Mission.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Completing a Mission Stage happens before claiming a Development Card. If you want Science Station, you'll have to wait a turn to finish the mission. (You can claim Sensor Probe and finish the mission in one turn, though, because Sensor Probe isn't the oldest card in the Offer.)

Okay, yeah, wait until next turn to complete the mission. Getting an extra science seat could come in real handy later.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 1 Security to clear sensors. Use the other 2 Security to fight off the raiders. Change 1 Medical and 2 Science into and Engineering die, then use that and the remaining Science die to clear the mission objectives. Lock 1 Medical on the Medical Tricorder.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

You have a free Engineering point due to Scotty (and a free Command point due to Kirk), so you don't have to do this to accomplish your goals.

Oh. Durr. :downs:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 2 Security to clear one of the Raiders. Use 1 Science to raise shields. Use Kirk to change one Engineering to Medical and then lock that die on Dr. McCoy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use McCoy to heal the die in sickbay. Use Kirk to change the Medical die to a Security die, then use both Security to tell the Raider to go home. Use Scotty's engineering to do the travel action. Discard Medical Station and then use the Command die to claim Rousing Speach. Lock the Science on the Romulans.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use Kirk and the Command die to change 2 Engineering dice into 2 Security dice. Use the 3 Security dice to deal with the Klingons. Use the other Engineering die and Scotty to take care of the Hull Breach. Use the Science die and 2 Medical die to raise Shields. Use Corbomite Maneuver to evade damage from the Romulans.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Let the extra security return to quarters. Use 3 Security to chase off one of the Klingon ships. Use Kirk and the Command die to change the 2 Engineering die into 2 Security so we can clear sensors. Advance the mission.

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 19, 2019

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 2 Command to advance the mission. Use 2 Medical to cure the Alien Parasite. Turn 1 Medical and 2 Engineering into a Science die, then spend 2 Science to raise shields.

Event cards don't count as challenges, right? So we couldn't use Medical Tricorder on the Parasites, correct?

Edit: disregard, see new orders below

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 20, 2019

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

You have this backwards, I think. Clearing Event Cards, claiming Development Cards, and completing Mission Stages are all challenges. Doing something like raising shields or repairing the hull is not a challenge. Which means you can't use Medical Tricorder to Heal, oddly enough.

Since that's the case, I'll revise my orders:

Use 2 Command to advance the mission. Use Medical Tricorder to cure the Alien Parasite. Turn 2 Medical into a Science die, then spend 2 Science to raise shields. Turn 2 Engineering into a Security die, the bank that on the Klingon Battlecruiser. Send the remaining Medical die back to quarters.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 1 Command to turn 1 Medical die into an Engineering die. Use Kirk's Command to turn the other Command die into a Security die. Transform the 2 Science and remaining Medical die into a Security die. Use 1 Security to clear threat. Bank the other Security on the Klingons. Use 2 Engineering to clear the Weapons Malfunction. Use Sulu and the remaining Engineering to complete the mission phase.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use Dilithium Deposits. Use the Away Team Command to change the Away Team Medical to Science. Use Kirk to change the other shipboard Command die to Science. Use the two Away Team Science die and two Shipboard Engineering die to claim Uhura. Use Scotty and the Away Team Engineering to claim Engineering Kit (discarding one of the Reassigned cards). Use the Shipboard Science and the Wild die to clear Quarantine. Progress the mission.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Friend Commuter posted:

Probably the most convoluted way to go about this, but oh well.
Use Scotty and the shipboard Engineering die to clear Hull Breach.
Use the away team Security and Medical dice as a Science die, use a Wild die as another Science die and use the two to clear Quarantine.
Use Kirk and a shipboard Command die to turn the other shipboard Command die and the shipboard Science die to Engineering.
Use the two new Engineering dice to repair hull.
Use 1 away team Command die and a Wild die to complete the mission stage.

That's actually what I was going to suggest. Great minds and all that...

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Use 1 Command to turn 1 Medical into 1 Science. Use 1 Command to turn 1 Engineering into 1 Security. Use 2 Security to clear scanners. Use 2 Science to advance the mission.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spend 1 Science and Dr. McCoy to clear the web. Use 1 Command and Kirk to change the other two Science into Security dice. Spend 2 Security to clear scanners. Use Scotty to claim Dilithium Deposits (1), discarding Sulu. Bank 1 Security for next turn. Drawn an Event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

This was really fun. Thanks for running this, Fred.