Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp that’s the first WTF Jake of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs started out well but made a whole lot of unforced errors in the last like 2 minutes

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

you call that and not the million other hits/trips/picks huh

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Well that was stupid

Overall lots of positives for the Leafs but they’re still weirdly struggling to make some simple plays

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

yeah i mean, on the plus side: it was a fun period for a nuthin-nuthin game :shrug: There was a couple possessions there where I could start to feel it in my bones the Leafers were gonna score.

Yeah fast hockey with odd mistakes on both ends, definitely the style of play the Leafs hope for

It’s just concerning to me that the Tavares line and Gardiner have been struggling with the puck for two games now, kinda need those guys sharp

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

“Kids, you never crosscheck someone in the face. You punch them repeatedly in the face and there’s no problem.”

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

TREVOR MOORE OH YEAH

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wow Rask got a piece of that or it’s in

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ugh what the gently caress was that bullshit

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah that goal is on Kapanen, both D were occupied and Krejci comes in off the side completely unmarked

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rask has been real good, would suck if he went out

But McAvoy absolutely pushed JT in

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheFlintor/status/1117945365087412224

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Matthews line should not be out with Gardiner/Dermott

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

MATTHEWS FINALLY

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Haha the softest hook

These remain the worst refs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

WOOOOOOOOOO

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

And the makeup call

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ugh, just watch the loose puck everybody that’s fine

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kapanen standing next to both Boston goal scorers a half second before they move in and score

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Zyla posted:

what a shithole canada is ugh

Look, I’ve been to a large part of the NE US and it’s mostly abandoned pig farms from what I can tell

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kelly Hrudey is a dumb rear end in a top hat

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Zyla posted:

ok im gonna say it

austin matthews has a fat face

This is the final straw

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ok I give Zaitsev a lot of crap but he played Marchand note perfect on that last entry

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Zyla posted:

millbury calling out the poo poo LEAFS FANS

"i dont know if this is a corporate crowd or not but you can just about hear a pin drop"

This is every Leafs game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

For the record a purple corner seat at the top of the upper bowl was going for $330 today

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Well that’s what I get for saying something nice about loving Zaitsev

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jethro posted:

As a horrible playoff poster, why the gently caress don't they just treat it like icing?

Because the NHL is insanely dumb

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hyman you moron

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

romanowski posted:

is there any evidence that this would be true because I don't really buy it to be honest

Players did flip the puck out to alleviate pressure, I remember Bryan McCabe doing it a good amount. It’s not a good precedent to incentivize players throwing pucks high into the crowd, so I get it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Lost Season posted:

lol Kuhlman just tackled that dude

For real what are these refs doing

It’s the third period so they’ve forgotten all their ticky tack poo poo

I just know they’ll call the leafs for some bullshit with like a minute left though

Leafs are falling into a defensive shell and that’s bad

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Johnsson remembered how to play hockey

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pasternak skates straight at 4 Leafs and they all back up. Like... he can’t skate through people

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

BIG BOY MITCH WITH THE BLOCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bruins live by the seam pass and die by it too, seems to work pretty well for them most of the time