Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Stephanie and Shane opened the show to loud boos from Montreal. Shane had Mike Rome introduce him as BEST IN THE WORLD which caused CM Punk chants. Shane demanded Rome also do it in French, did it himself when Rome couldn't, then joked he was using the gutter dialect of Montreal French instead of "real" Parisian French.
  • Miz abruptly introduced himself as the first new member of Raw, as his music played and he jumped Shane from behind. Shane somehow got the upper hand for a moment but Miz got a chair and smashed him with it and chased him out of the ring. Miz was bleeding, cut either when he went into the barricade or by one of Shane's terrible loving punches that look bad and also hurt people, the literal opposite of what a pro-wrestler is supposed to do.
  • Michael Cole freaked out when Ricochet and Aleister Black came out, because this means the guys who have been on Raw for weeks now are... on Raw! They and Hawkins/Ryder were part of an 8-Man Tag against The Revival and..... Erik and Ivar: The Viking Experience.
  • THE VIKING EXPERIENCE :lol:
  • Yes, The War Raiders have been renamed and brought up to Raw in spite of being the NXT Tag Champs who retained their belts at the last Takeover against a team everybody knew was leaving NXT to also come to the main roster.
  • The Revival and The Viking Experience (:laugh:) defeated Hawkins/Ryder and Ricochet/Black, with The Viking Experience (:lol:) getting the pin on Hawkins/Ryder.
  • Cedric Alexander was announced as coming to Raw.
  • Finn Balor's opponent was another new member of Raw: Andrade. He is still managed by Zelina, and thanks to her interference he was able to win an exciting non-title match against Balor.
  • Elias got a ton of heat during his concert, which was cut off by Rey Mysterio who is now on Raw (poor Rey). Literal white supremacist Lars Sullivan arrived and Rey put up a good effort avoiding/countering him to beat on him a little bit before literal white supremacist Lars Sullivan overwhelmed him and powerbombed him.
  • Bobby Roode and Chad Gable came to the ring as a big USOS nameplate graphic was on the screen, and challenged anybody to come face them because they felt they could beat anybody. Shockingly, it was the Usos who answered the call, beating Roode/Gable in a tag match.
  • Alexa Bliss did her Moment of Bliss talkshow with guest Sami Zayn, who got a rapturous welcome from the Montreal Crowd. He danced, he bowed, his theme started up again and he danced again as the crowd went banana, absolutely nut. Finally he settled back into his chair but the crowd started up again so gently caress it, he slid like water out of his chair and danced for them again. He spoke in French which set them off again, then he got them doing the old El Generico OLE! chant - the crowd was losing their goddamn minds.
  • Finally the heat had to happen I guess (:sigh:) and he said while he loved the city of Montreal, he hated the people. He insisted that despite being born there he didn't consider them his people, which is why he'd moved to Orlando and that was where he was returning to now. The crowd, still hot but now booing, sang goodbye to him and he tossed out a simple,"Go to hell" before walking out.
  • A pre-taped segment of the IIconics making fun of Bayley backstage as she was calling Sasha trying to figure out where she was lead to Bayley challenging them to a match with a new partner. That partner was revealed to be Naomi, who at least hasn't been split from her husband with the Shake-Up.
  • Bayley/Naomi won a non-title match against the IIconics, with Naomi getting the pin.
  • The coughing bird in a cardboard box was back.
  • BRAUN! was ECIII's opponent, and the match didn't really happen as BRAUN! just beat the poo poo out of him up the ramp and tossed him into a barricade. Becky Lynch came out as BRAUN! was leaving, casting a satisfied look BRAUN!'s way.
  • A video package about the new additions to Raw included Eric Young, who hasn't been seen on the show at all.
  • Becky defeated Ruby Riott in a singles match despite attempted interference by Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan. They tried to jump her after she submitted Ruby with the Disarmer, but Becky beat the poo poo out of both of them and tossed them out of the ring.
  • Drew, Corbin, Lashley and Lio Rush were interviewed backstage about their main event (another Corbin main event) match against Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and their mystery partner.
  • Nattie came out to the ring and it was revealed that Becky had just kind of been... hanging out in the ring the entire time while the backstage interview was airing. After a commercial break, Nattie congratulated Becky on her title win at Wrestlemania and victory tonight. But she said Becky had achieved all of Nattie's dream, so she was coming after Becky to prove she really was the best there is, was and ever will be. Becky attempted to accept the challenge but Lacey Evans showed up with a mic and actually spoke.
  • Lacey called Nattie a classless hasbeen and said that as a lady she knew how to "curry favor", and the McMahons had given her the authority to declare a match against Nattie to determine who got the title shot against Becky. Basically the storyline here is that she banged a McMahon to get a chance at the title.
  • While it was an even fight, Lacey did beat Nattie to become the new number one contender to Becky's titles.
  • A very happy Seth and Roman were interviewed backstage about who their mystery partner would be, but they said she'd have to wait like everybody else.
  • Another spooky video aired, this time not of the bird puppet in a box but a series of children's toys, including one (Sister Abigail?) sitting in a rocking chair that cackled with laughter.
  • AJ Styles was revealed as Roman/Seth's partner as well as the newest member of the Raw Roster.
  • Roman is back to getting (mild) boos from the audience.
  • AJ, Seth and Roman defeated Corbin, Drew and Lashley in the main event. Lashley hit his finisher on AJ after a distraction from Lio, but Seth hit Lashley with the Curbstomp as he went for the cover, followed by a spear from Roman and the Phenomenal Forearm by AJ to get the pinfall.
  • The commentators really sold this as it taking three of the top guys in the company to beat Lashley.

Smackdown Results:
  • Kevin Owens opened the show and got a huge reaction from the Montreal crowd. He spoke in French to an even bigger pop, then declared that Vince McMahon was going to announce the biggest acquisition in Smackdown history tonight.
  • Owens' guest was Kofi Kingston, who came to the ring with Xavier (BIG E is injured) and also got a great reaction. They covered Kofi's journey to Wrestlemania and victory over Daniel Bryan, and Kofi got a standing ovation before thanking the crowd in French, which got him even more over.
  • Xavier Woods noted so many of the regular Up Up Down Down members of the roster had been moved to Raw, and demanded Tyler Breeze end up on Smackdown by the end of tonight's show. It was revealed Kofi and Xavier would face Rusev and Nakamura tonight. Owens offered to stand in for BIG E as BIG O, and did some hip gyrations to the delight of the crowd. Kofi and Xavier gave him a New Day shirt.
  • Cesaro approached Nakamura and Rusev and asked if he could team with them to take on New Day and Owens tonight, and they agreed. There was no Sheamus.
  • Finn Balor has come to Smackdown as the newest member of the roster, bringing the Intercontinental Title with him. He defeated Mustafa Ali in a good match, with the two shaking hands afterwards.
  • Kofi and Xavier brought Kevin Owens a plate of pancakes and told him he needed to break BIG E's pancake eating time record. Owens was more than happy to go for it.
  • That bird puppet coughed in smoke after popping out of a cardboard box.
  • Charlotte Flair defeated Carmella in a singles match, submitting her with the Figure 8. Truth checked on Carmella after the match but was then attacked by literal white supremacist Lars Sullivan, who menaced Carmella as he tried to figure out if she was technically white or not, before going back to beating up a clear minority instead.
  • Becky Lynch came to the ring and got a big BECKY! chant, pointing out that as the Champ Champ she can be on either brand. Ember Moon came out looking to make a name for herself by taking on The Man, but was cut off by Bayley (who got mixed reaction and quite a few boos) who has also joined Smackdown and is back to being a singles wrestler aiming for Becky's belts.
  • The IIconics came out to mock everybody, but were cut off by Paige who said it was time to announce her new tag team aiming for the titles. Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville came out claiming that Absolution was back together, but Paige corrected them: the tag team she is managing will be Asuka and Kairi Sane :hellyeah:
  • Everybody started brawling except for Becky who just enjoyed watching before making her way out. The babyfaces cleared the ring and an impromptu 8-woman tag was announced.
  • Asuka, Kairi, Bayley and Ember defeated The IIconics, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. The big takeaway from the match was that Bayley was continuously booed even as the other faces were cheered. In the end, Asuka hit Peyton Royce with an inverted DDT and then Kairi Sane hit the Insane Elbow and got the pin.
  • Kevin Owens, with guidance by Kofi and Xavier, did BIG E's intro for the New Day.
  • Buddy Murphy has moved from 205 Live to Smackdown. The crowd cheered this announcement.
  • The New Day with Kevin Owens deeated Rusev, Nakamura and Cesaro, with Owens working well with The New Day and hitting the Stunner on Rusev following a Trouble in Paradise to get the win.
  • Vince McMahon was shown backstage watching the match. His big announcement is coming up.
  • The dolls promo from Raw aired.
  • Vince came out to a "YOU SCREWED BRET!" chant, and announced the biggest acquisition in Smackdown history is... Elias! He came out and prepared to do his song, but was cut off by the arrival of Roman Reigns, who has also joined the Smackdown roster. He got a pop initially with some boos thrown in. He speared Elias.
  • Vince McMahon was furious at Roman and got in his face, so Roman hit the Superman Punch which the crowd loved. Roman declared Smackdown was now his yard and the crowd really seemed into him by this point. He returned to the ring and speared Elias a second time to end the show.

NXT:
  • THE VIKING EXPERIENCE :lol:

The true victims/impact of the Superstar Shakeup:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Will it ever sink in for Vince that no matter how he shuffles the rosters SD seems to be a better show for some reason

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887230&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post494276862 Live reaction to The Viking Experience starts here apparently :laffo:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Raw was legitimately horrific tonight, the Lacey/Natalya match was one of the worst TV matches in recent memory.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I've been looking for a new job but it's tough when even entry level positions require at least a year of viking experience

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The Raw Experience.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
when did the fuckin Hardys become the smackdown tag champs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Last week on Smackdown.

At least it is better than The War Raiders retaining their titles against a team everybody knew was leaving NXT, only to get called up themselves while still the tag champs AND have their name changed AND that name is the loving Viking Experience.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I look forward to experiencing Viking river cruises weekly on raw now

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Last week, which kinda spoiled the Usos coming over tonight, which then got spoiled again on-air moments before it happened

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Jerusalem posted:

Last week on Smackdown.

At least it is better than The War Raiders retaining their titles against a team everybody knew was leaving NXT, only to get called up themselves while still the tag champs AND have their name changed AND that name is the loving Viking Experience.

All I can say is you’re not gonna forget their name lmao

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Everyone keeps making fun of the Viking Experience but I don't see any of you with better ideas

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Midnightghoul posted:

Everyone keeps making fun of the Viking Experience but I don't see any of you with better ideas

One of them is Viking and the other is Experience

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
they're going to bring UE to smackdown and have everyone form stables

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

not giving them a name would be better

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I hope they keep them on NXT as champs for awhile and have them be the War Raiders there and the Viking Experience on the main roster simultaneously.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i still cant believe 'the viking experience'

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I don’t care if it was intentionally that way but THE VIKING EXPERIENCE is the greatest thing to happen on Raw in forever. I can’t stop laughing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
fixed the picture in the op

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

Two Big Men (They're Big, They're Men)

The Ray 'n' Todd Connection

Hanson feat. Rowe

Uhh.....War Machine

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf2S8Ll9e3s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Viking Experience broke my loving brain.

Hype for AJ on Raw though, same with the Usos. I think we'll see multiple people who were on Raw tonight on SD tomorrow, and/or TUE.

I'd guess Finn and maybe Roman or Drew.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

You realize what is gonna happen right?

It’s so dumb and ridiculous it will somehow get over. That is exactly the kind of super dumb poo poo wrestling fans end up ironically supporting until they actually support it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
looking forward to being told that the viking experience actually chose the name themselves and for that reason its actually good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so do we chant skol now where we would chant war during their entrance?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the loving viking experience lmao

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've been watching this poo poo show for weeks and the god drat "Viking Experience" is the one I decide to skip. gently caress me.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There are now four Eric/ks in WWE

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

vince's brain is completely mush now

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Angry Grimace posted:

You realize what is gonna happen right?

It’s so dumb and ridiculous it will somehow get over. That is exactly the kind of super dumb poo poo wrestling fans end up ironically supporting until they actually support it.

like the name 'undisputed era' i guess

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
J-ru you're very much underselling how destroyed EC3 was in his Raw shakeup debut where he was put through the drat stage.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tonight, you will experience... VIKING!

Gonna get viked all over, boy

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

EC3 strikes me as the type of dude that’s happy to job to Bray’s vulture puppet as long as the checks keep clearing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

God bless you!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

EC3 strikes me as the type of dude that’s happy to job to Bray’s vulture puppet as long as the checks keep clearing.

it says a lot that i had to check the RAW recap to make sure this didn't happen

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

TUE gonna be billed as the undisputed experience

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Seams posted:

like the name 'undisputed era' i guess

I mean I gotta admit there's some truth to that, I think what made it so jarring is they were War Raiders for what, a year?

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Pouring one out for my boys IVAR and ERIK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean I gotta admit there's some truth to that, I think what made it so jarring is they were War Raiders for what, a year?

small brain: war machine
regular brain: war raiders
vince brain: THE VIKING EXPERIENCE