Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Hold it together Columbus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Ginette Reno posted:

alright boys lets hold this leader longer than 30 seconds or whatever

almost 3 minutes!

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Gerblederp posted:

Hold it together Columbus

I'm not going to question them just yet but I don't think "have everyone fall down" is the best way to defend a 1v3

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Just occurred to me that a decent chunk of this team knows how to run roughshod to a championship: Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Werenski, Kukan, and Korpisalo (plus a handful of scratches) went 14-1 to win the Calder Cup with Cleveland in 2016.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Moneypuck numbers for Columbus and Tampa winning the Cup have flipped. :laffo:

Who's doing PBP? Forslund? I'm watching FOX Sports Ohio because I want to be able to hear both calls of the goals, with NBC highlights tomorrow.

Yeah, it's Forslund. He's doing a nice job, dude likes his hockey and isn't loving Pierre.

Go Jackets, I can't loving believe you're going to do it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

grassy gnoll posted:

Yeah, it's Forslund. He's doing a nice job, dude likes his hockey and isn't loving Pierre.

Go Jackets, I can't loving believe you're going to do it.

I love me some John Forslund, I just want to hear Rimer's reaction if this thing happens tonight, plus Jody Shelley is a fantastic color guy.

I'll look forward to hearing his call of the game tomorrow.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Pens continued insistence on not making the correct decision is getting very tiresome.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Too much mans

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It was JJ blowing a change, nice

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Of course it was Jack Johnson

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

There's the Islander PP that I know and love

Pens got some pep in their step this game

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
On the one hand it would be nice if the Pens scored some goals. On the other it would be nice if Murray could stop getting outplayed so significantly.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
"the offsides call was gutsy" it was the only thing to be done in that situation to try and save the game :psyduck:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

On the one hand it would be nice if the Pens scored some goals. On the other it would be nice if Murray could stop getting outplayed so significantly.

I do not get this sentiment at all. Prime aged Lundqvist couldn't save the Pens the way the played the last 3 games. Murray is perfectly adequate

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm watching a stream, which button do I press to mute Pierre?

edit: lol at Dumoulin crosschecking Barzal a half dozen times including in the head and then drawing a retaliation.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

gently caress barzal

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Lessail posted:

"the offsides call was gutsy" it was the only thing to be done in that situation to try and save the game :psyduck:

Down 3-1 in the 1st is not the end of the game.

To risk being down 3-1 and give up another power play against a team that's 2/2 this game, while you're getting your teeth pushed in, on a potential offside that needed a second camera angle and frame-by-frame replay to show 1/16th of an inch of white ice between the puck and blue line. It was gutsy.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Oh come on loving Dumolin going hog wild with the crosschecks to Barzal's neck gently caress off

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ryan Murray is back skating? I thought he was dead

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

myron cope posted:

gently caress barzal

How dare he hit a guy in the shoulder after getting cross checked 7 times in a row

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Iodised QQ posted:

How dare he hit a guy in the shoulder after getting cross checked 7 times in a row

Yeah I agree, how dare he

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gently caress off Kessel

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I do not get this sentiment at all. Prime aged Lundqvist couldn't save the Pens the way the played the last 3 games. Murray is perfectly adequate

Lehner has absolutely outplayed him. When the Pens went back to back Murray put up like a .930.....he's been .908 and .902 the last 2 playoffs. In the 2nd cup MAF also went god mode. He has not been good enough along with pretty much everyone else.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo the move by Barzal

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Lol malkin, nice poo poo Barzal

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fuuuuuck

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wait, Pens/Isles gets Mike Tirico?

AHHHHHHHH Andy. :negative:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Lehner has absolutely outplayed him. When the Pens went back to back Murray put up like a .930.....he's been .908 and .902 the last 2 playoffs. In the 2nd cup MAF also went god mode. He has not been good enough along with pretty much everyone else.

Yeah I dont see it. Everyone else on the team is playing like dogshit. The defense just stands around (at their best) and far frequently does something dumb like turning it over or running into Murray or something.

He could play better I guess, but he's by far at the bottom of the list of problems

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Pens should maybe cover the guy right in front

BROCK NELSONNNNNN

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Please keep turning the puck over just like that Bolts.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

you've gotta make that cbj you can't miss those

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

myron cope posted:

Yeah I dont see it. Everyone else on the team is playing like dogshit. The defense just stands around (at their best) and far frequently does something dumb like turning it over or running into Murray or something.

He could play better I guess, but he's by far at the bottom of the list of problems

the defense is just so inept right now
they need to retool that desperately but I don't see how you do it because it's a bunch of dead weight contracts

they've also just got nothing going for their zone entries against a trapping team
I'm not saying the need to dump and chase but you need to be faster than them to make a possession game work and they're just not

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

CBJ!!!!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: I WANT TO gently caress SETH JONES(' mom) :siren:

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Ahahahahaga

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

hell yeah

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
bring out your dead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the pens may suck and get swept but at least they are not tampa right now

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love you Seth Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Another Duchene point.