Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Carpenter bees have engaged in a campaign to eat my workshop roof. They tried my house and barn first, but the century-old oak that composes the framework of these structures was too hard and powerful for these little bitch bugs to bore into. So they turned their attention to the soft pine rafters of my workshop.

It is me and my brother versus an unknown number of bees, i assume there are hundreds of them. A note about carpenter bees: They do not have hives or colonies like other bees, they have a decentralized society. I was annoyed to learn this since my first plan was to find the hive and destroy it, thereby annihilating them.

Female carpenter bees bore holes into the wood (called "galleries") where they lay their eggs. The males just fly around and mate with whatever fem-bees they encounter. Male bees can't sting but will menace you by flying close to your face. The females will sting you though. The galleries are usually just a few inches deep, but if the piece of wood is big enough, they can form complex labyrinths.

My weapons of choice:

And a tennis racket, perfect for swatting them out of the sky.

The bees like to use old galleries that have been left behind, so the trap simulates that. When they commence exploring the gallery, they fall into the bottle, from which they cannot escape. Bee after bee will venture in there only to find the dreadful pit of death and die one on top of another. I don't like to use pesticides like Raid because there are alot of kids on this farm who have a tendency to put their hands in their mouths, but I will use it as a nuclear option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Don't kill bees.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Do not eat the bees. Seriously, this is important.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i wont eat them

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Where do you expect them to live, underwater? Leave the bees alone.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Raid is for pussies. Tempo Ultra WP will kill the carpenter bees and every other pollinator who dares land on your property.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
They started this. i have no choice but to defend myself. there are extensive woodlands full of trees around here that they could bore into to their hearts content, but they chose war. now i will end them

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Szyznyk posted:

Raid is for pussies.

same but just burn your house down

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Put em in a box and take them into the woods you shithead

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Szyznyk posted:

Raid is for pussies. Tempo Ultra WP will kill the carpenter bees and every other pollinator who dares land on your property.

I don't know what this is but I really hope it's white phosphorus

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
Do what I do and battle them in the air with a micro drone.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Make sweet love to the carpenter bees

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kiss every bee and tuck it into a tiny bee bed and tell it you love it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Big Beef City posted:

Kiss every bee and tuck it into a tiny bee bed and tell it you love it

Aww :3:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

verbal enema posted:

Put em in a box and take them into the woods you shithead

why dont they just go to the woods themselves, there's a copse of trees a few yards away, but no, no, they must eat my workshop timbers

I would like to take this moment to note that the population of wild honeybees in my area is much greater than that of carpenter bees, as far as i can tell. I walk all over the farm all the time and the only carpenter bees i've seen are the ones eating the workshop. Honeybees, on the other hand, are all over the place, and they are cool and good and my friends, i've never killed one

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No lie 'copse' is one of my favorite words and I like using it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This is disgusting. I have designed small firearms operable by bees and airdropped them into your general area, prepare to be peppered by bee bullets bitch!!!

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
You specifically need carpenter bee spray to kill them. Other pesticides won’t do poo poo other than make them angry, but they don’t have stingers.

They’re eating my shed too.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Solution:

https://www.bugasalt.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsAGYQAmf0cCzYGbSoN5Vt3uWvnZzKC2G0X7Uaq58MeGWBsOyC_9XW39t8t9UaAnUwEALw_wcB

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

mds2 posted:

You specifically need carpenter bee spray to kill them. Other pesticides won’t do poo poo other than make them angry, but they don’t have stingers.

They’re eating my shed too.

they have stingers. i've been stung by them. and Raid definately kills them, i've used it before

edit: how long have they been attacking your shed? have you had any success at combating them

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 17, 2019

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Someone post the pic of that goon that killed the giant swarm on his swingset qith a huge fireball

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

bees are good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxuRwkVPx0

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I love when people complain about the bees dying off (climate change or some poo poo?) because bees dying makes me happy. gently caress bees. They’re useless. They sting. They’re pests. I’m from Rio de Janeiro and I say kill ‘em all!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
would the "meat nailed to wood" method work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhifTGKtUQ

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thread is about a farmer killing bees.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

I love when people complain about the bees dying off (climate change or some poo poo?) because bees dying makes me happy. gently caress bees. They’re useless. They sting. They’re pests. I’m from Rio de Janeiro and I say kill ‘em all!

You seem poorly informed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP probably thinks a taco is a sandwich.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i don't think bees eat meat

Burt Sexual posted:

Thread is about a farmer killing bees.

how many times do i have to reiterate that i am talking about a specific group of carpenter bees (the ones eating my workshop)

i'm not advocating bee genocide dammit, but these specific fuckers drew first blood

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Carpenter bees are assholes. They eat your house. I don't think they even do good things like pollinate flowers. They're too busy being assholes and boring into your poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
jesus was a carpenter OP

youre going to hell OP!!!!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this a sequel to that one goon who trapped a wasp under a glass for the hell of it then it escaped when he wasn't looking?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835134

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So here's what I'm thinkkinn op...
Jesus was a carpenter too, right? So get a big ol wooden cross and make it real palatable for the bees, and when they infest it, set it on fire!

I've been informed that this is NOT A GOOD IDEA. DON'T DO THIS OP, CALL THE EXTERMINATOR.

Colonel Cancer fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 17, 2019

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Heh. Those bees are all "gently caress the copse".

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Chinatown posted:

jesus was a carpenter OP

youre going to hell OP!!!!!

both true statements

i'm still gonna kill these bees

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zippy the Bummer posted:

both true statements

i'm still gonna kill these bees

see you there OP!!!!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
It's a lot of fun shooting them with BB guns.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

phasmid posted:

Heh. Those bees are all "gently caress the copse".

you know, this is an interesting point, the copse has cedars in it, which are soft-wood conifers, exactly the kind the bees like. And they arent soaked in all kind of crazy chemical preservative poo poo like the timbers in my workshop are. You would think the bees would prefer the trees...

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
You should get one of those terrible salt Nerf guns that has taken the redneck world by storm

it's an excellent way to turn forty dollars into garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe you should mind your beezness OP