Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Slim Jim 44 27.16%
Jacks Links 26 16.05%
Alien Fresh Jerky.....BITCH!!!! 16 9.88%
Goku selling beef jerky and nuts on the side of a deserted highway 76 46.91%
Total: 107 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i accidentally grabbed a tijuana mama yesterday but it's okay, it's still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Salmon jerky is superior, but it's so tough to find a good one locally.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Has anyone made a joke yet about the OP sucking dick?

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
There are few pleasures greater than a single basic Slim Jim and a 22oz of whatever the gas station has after working all day in the summer.

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT

Chinatown posted:

tijuana mama

That’s that lady with the Donkey show in Oaxaca, right?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
A really good hot dog and a really good slim jim snap. Coincidence?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I ate a a slim Jim when I was in the us and it was pretty nasty. Pepperamis are a lot better. I do wish jerky was so widely available in the uk though

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Jose posted:

I ate a a slim Jim when I was in the us and it was pretty nasty. Pepperamis are a lot better. I do wish jerky was so widely available in the uk though

Only the redneck parts of the Empire have a lot of jerky. If Rhodesia were still around I'd bet they'd have had zebra jerky at every corner.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Blue max butchery between Tacoma and Puyallup makes their own pepperoni sticks and they are like 8 for $6 and they are large and they are delicious that butchery is a tucked away gem

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 20, 2019

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I bought some spicy Portobello jerky the other day. Pretty good.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you all havent had carne seca jerky then you haven't lived. bar x brand best jerky in my life. melts in yo mouf

http://www.barxbrand.com/

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hardawn posted:

I bought some spicy Portobello jerky the other day. Pretty good.

Tastes like a buncha hell no probably!!

I was gonna make a Porta potty joke but couldn't come up with anything better than the hell no joke and one that wouldn't end with just getting a 'don't sign your posts' quote and I can't handle that right now alright!!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Slim Jims don't really "snap" anymore.

I used to get these boxes of individually wrapped Slim Jim beef jerkies in the 90's when I would go with my mom to Big Bear. I remember that they were like, by today's standards, probably dangerously salty. Like, flat salt-flavored sticks with a little beef flavor. I don't think they make them anymore.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Slim Jims don't really "snap" anymore.

I used to get these boxes of individually wrapped Slim Jim beef jerkies in the 90's when I would go with my mom to Big Bear. I remember that they were like, by today's standards, probably dangerously salty. Like, flat salt-flavored sticks with a little beef flavor. I don't think they make them anymore.

You have to age them correctly. I find, in my cellar, the 17's are at peak tensile right now while the early 18's are getting really close.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

King of Bees posted:

You have to age them correctly. I find, in my cellar, the 17's are at peak tensile right now while the early 18's are getting really close.

Back at a previous job we used to take breaks by walking over to the gas station convenience store and get cokes and such. Once someone got one of those big pickles and hid it in someone else’s desk. It became a thing to hide the pickle in people’s stuff. We ended up keeping that pickle for like 7 years.

One day one of the original crew was leaving we decided to eat the 7 years old pickle. We dumped it onto a paper plate and cut it up with plastic knives. It ended up tasting like cardboard.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i am an expert on this topic

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Guildenstern Mother posted:

There's a dive bar I frequent that has a shot called a sandanista, its made from tequila, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and sriracha. For an extra 25 cents they'll give you a mini slim jim to stir it with. I like to stir, bite, shoot, and then finish the remaining slim jim.
the best dive bars keep their regular patrons alive slightly longer by sneaking vitamins in

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Local Weather posted:

I believe that Dr. Pepper is the only soda that still tastes good once it's gone a little warm, like not just cool, but warm like after it's been sitting in your car while you're at Target

Hot Dr. Pepper (like warmed in sauce pan) is an excellent sore throat cure

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

King of Bees posted:

A really good hot dog and a really good slim jim snap. Coincidence?

What if in the middle of the hot dog was a slim jim?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

The Bananana posted:

Has anyone made a joke yet about the OP sucking dick?

I wondered that too.... I mean we're talking about enjoying huge meat in your mouth right, and no quips? What gives

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Miserable Maid posted:

Hot Dr. Pepper (like warmed in sauce pan) is an excellent sore throat cure

Dr. Pepper is cough syrup so that isn't surprising.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Universe Master posted:

Dr. Pepper is cough syrup so that isn't surprising.

gently caress yes

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
in Wisconsin slim jims are an afterthought since any halfway-decent gas station has a whole section of meat sticks and stuff straight from the farm, its p good

cons: most everything else

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

in Wisconsin slim jims are an afterthought since any halfway-decent gas station has a whole section of meat sticks and stuff straight from the farm, its p good

Yeah, other places have glory holes too you know.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Universe Master posted:

Yeah, other places have glory holes too you know.

There we go, that's the stuff.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
tbh i'd really like osme jerky rn.

why aren't there any fuckin jerky bars.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

unpleasantly turgid posted:

tbh i'd really like osme jerky rn.

why aren't there any fuckin jerky bars.

according to SA poster Universe Master "jerky" bars are quite common

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I get these beef and cheese sticks from the gas station all the time. They have pepperjack too.

:hmmyes:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

My grandfather was a hunter who made his own jerky. He told me gas station jerky like slims jims is garbage made out of assholes and lips and to never buy it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
thicc jims

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Alright OP we know stance on slimJim's, but how about gas station/liquor store beef jerky, like those big rear end strips of it by the counter for like $2 plain peppered or teriyaki

they are hit or miss sometimes they are too tough and gristly but i fucks with them on occasion

i go for the spicy ones

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got 4 bags of beef jerky yesterday from CVS for $3.79 each. They go on sale all the time. It's Gold Emblem, their store brand. It's not great but it's palatable for so drat cheap. A bag of Jack's Links this size would be $7.99.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

My grandfather was a hunter who made his own jerky. He told me gas station jerky like slims jims is garbage made out of assholes and lips and to never buy it.

That's part of the charm of Slim Jims!

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I love buying horrible meat sticks and scarfing them down like a loving degenerate

It's my hobby & passion

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
They are so greasy and delicious lol if you have some kind of weird hangup about eating assholes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Relayer posted:

lol if you have some kind of weird hangup about eating assholes

:hai:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I went to the store the other day, and when I got back into my car I noticed the prick who had left their cart out had also left a big rear end bag of unopened jerky in it. Like those 15 dollar ones. There is nothing in this hell world better then a big rear end bag of free jerky.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lol if you've never had the meat snus that comes in a dip can. You neophytes. You absolute meatless wasteland.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Lol if you've never had the meat snus that comes in a dip can. You neophytes. You absolute meatless wasteland.

I've been craving that lately. I love that you use it like dip and I just get a bunch of saltiness as I move it around my gums.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Bag beef jerky is the worst. You can make your own for double the cost and twenty four hours of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Roundup Ready posted:

I went to the store the other day, and when I got back into my car I noticed the prick who had left their cart out had also left a big rear end bag of unopened jerky in it. Like those 15 dollar ones. There is nothing in this hell world better then a big rear end bag of free jerky.

One time I was going to Winco and some dude was peeling out in the parking lot with his car full of groceries and there was literally bags of jerky falling out of his car and a bunch more littered all over. There is nothing in this hell world better then a big rear end bag of free jerky.