Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

grack posted:

Worst Penalty

SHG incoming, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
No, seriously....Change delay of game penalties to something else.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Good, finally something they have to call.

This is a great OT except I disagree with the situations that led to it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I want Mike Smith to win a Cup

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Top line for the Avs is just killing the Flames

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wow that is heart breaking for Calgary

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hahhahahah

gently caress you Calgary.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yup. I’m done watching Playoffs. Don’t need to watch the implosion at this point.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I feel bad for Mike smith

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

mcvey posted:

I want Mike Smith to win a Cup

Gonna be waiting at least another year, methinks.

:sigh:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

God I hate this franchise

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
drat my stream went out just in time to miss the winner

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Game of the loving playoffs so far. Grubauers OT save will be save of the series if Colorado advance.

And phone battery down to 2%, just made it!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Iodised QQ posted:

I feel bad for Mike smith

I feel very bad for Mike Smith

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Makar in that OT holy poo poo

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

fermun posted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm glad Calgary didn't score on their OT powerplay so everyone will ignore the hellaciously poo poo job the refs did during regulation.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
also Gaudreau just one touching every puck to him on the powerplay what the gently caress was that take over Johnny

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Officially best playoff season of this decade.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I re-iterate my earlier statement of

grack posted:

Bwaha you suck Flames

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
help...I think I might be an avs fan

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
MacKinnon's ice time this game was 28:49

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

T-Bone posted:

also Gaudreau just one touching every puck to him on the powerplay what the gently caress was that take over Johnny

He's perma-shook for some reason

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

He’s really let himself go but he’s always been known for being a big guy. Another good :stare: is looking at Colby Armstrong from when he was a player to now on those panels.
iirc he weighed in at 270 at the end of his career. now he was a power forward but maaaaaan

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Ever since that Panthers make-or-break-the-playoffs game years back...I've secretly loved the Avs. This series isn't really done yet doe.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

MakaVillian posted:

He's perma-shook for some reason

He's frustrated because he's getting slashed and hooked and the refs are ignoring it because playoffs.

Neither of these teams have any shot against Vegas so there's some solace in that. Smith can't carry the whole team and Grubauer is awful.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

MoaM posted:

Ever since that Panthers make-or-break-the-playoffs game years back...I've secretly loved the Avs. This series isn't really done yet doe.

the flames have allowed over 100 shots the last two games. it's not over but the avalanche look like the 1st seed and i haven't seen johnny gaudreau in two weeks

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
that OT was some pretty loving fun hockey to watch

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Makar in that OT holy poo poo

Makar was doing his patented "get the gently caress off my puck" moves

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
shots 52-37 Avs
shot attempts 84-61 Avs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

iirc he weighed in at 270 at the end of his career. now he was a power forward but maaaaaan

Haha that’s a crazy weight to play at. People still talk about the one time Byfuglien hit 260 which is absolutely not his ideal playing weight

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Pleads posted:

He's frustrated because he's getting slashed and hooked and the refs are ignoring it because playoffs.

I'd expect the star player on a "good" hockey team to be able to get past that eventually. This has happened every time he's been in the playoffs and aside from the Vancouver series he's done little to nothing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The counter argument is that his game is finesse so uncalled obstruction penalizes him more than anyone but hey Patrick Kane

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

^^^ Kane can clearly defend himself physically if Chicago-area cabbies are to be believed.

MakaVillian posted:

I'd expect the star player on a "good" hockey team to be able to get past that eventually. This has happened every time he's been in the playoffs and aside from the Vancouver series he's done little to nothing

I mean he doesn't have the size to power through folks MacKinnon style, he's always been able to make space through stickhandling and sudden movement and that gets shut down real hard when people can take two-handers into your wrists.

And it's not like even if they stop doing that his hands aren't still feeling the effects of 2-3 games of it. poo poo adds up.

It boggles my mind the NHL went so hard on slashing like 2-3 seasons ago but playoffs come around and they forget loving everything.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I want Michael Ferland back is my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Imagine being able to say before this series that after 4 games Mike Smith would be Calgary's best player

Now imagine a scenario where instead of that resulting in a Calgary sweep, they're down 3-1 instead