Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Welcome to Bus Derby Mafia, a closed-setup, standard-roles game of Mafia for 9 players.

beta:
This game uses the Standard Mafia Rules and Pod's lurker rules (I'd use mine, but that requires more attention than I can reasonably provide due to Constraints). Day-night cycles will probably be about 72 hours and if a night ends early it won't cut into later deadlines (I will try to keep the deadline at the same time every day).

This setup has undergone no review for balance, but I will give you my personal assurance (and a fair warning?) that it's absolutely ridiculous and you will hate me when you actually see it.

Signups:
  1. CCKeane
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. Mr. Humalong
  4. GulagDolls
  5. Dick Bastardly
  6. Toalpaz
  7. Monathin
  8. IcePhoenix
  9. Retro Futurist

The town win condition is "You win when no anti-town players remain in the game."

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

shoot this game is filling really quickly, might take a little bit after the ninth spot fills for me to get role pm's out but if we fill, expect game to open this evening

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Great, we're full up. I'll get game admin tasks done this afternoon and game will be live this evening.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Role PM's are being written and going out soon.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Role PM's are out.

It was finally time for the bus derby! All of the busses showed up at the starting line, and they were off. The race went safely (although nobody could quite remember who won in the first preliminary), but the real fun was had afterwards in the bar. Everyone gathered around a table and shared their Hot Racing Tips in the hours before the bar closed...but wait, this was weird! There were more people here than anyone expected to see! Were there spies bent on sabotage? Who knew? Certainly, though, they were having quite a bit of trouble picking out who was a legitimate competitor and who wasn't...

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Deadline has been set for 10:00 pm Eastern, Saturday, April 20, 2019

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

The discussion went around and around and at the end of the night, no decision could be made. Hopefully, clearer heads could prevail tomorrow.

The day has ended in a no execute. Night actions may be submitted at this time.

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 21, 2019

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

hey sorry, my internet connection died last night and i couldn't unlock the thread on my phone to provide an update

i'll have the game open later today

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

A new day dawns...but what's this? As the bus drivers headed out to the track, they noticed some smoking wreckage in the parking lot. Apparently someone had tampered with one of their steering and brakes, and one of the busses had driven full-tilt into a wall on the way back to their hotel last night. A steely resolve came over the remaining people - this would have to be settled on the track...

Mr. Humalong, Driver of Bus 37, has died N1.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

As the busses whizzed around the track, one of them looked...ever so slightly out of place. The bus drivers started to box him in to get a closer look, but he yanked the wheel to the right at the last second...into the wall of the track. As the car crumpled...wait, car? Sure enough, that wasn't a bus, that was a taxi!

Toalpaz, Scum Taxi Driver, crashed Day 2

:rip:

Night actions!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

The next day dawned with another corpse in their midst. They looked, and saw - this person didn't have a bus! Woo! Progress in solving their conundrum!

Of course, the bus derby now didn't have any physical security, but that was another story entirely...

Monathin, Town Security Guard (Cop), died night 2

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Due to a personal emergency I need to step back for a few days. Mr. Humalong has graciously offered to keep this rolling in my absence (please note for action submission etc.). I apologize for doing this in the middle of a game.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

The busses whizzed around and around, faster and faster. Everyone thought that there was no chance that there wouldn't be another crash. Suddenly, someone ran in front of a bus, as if to stop it cold...but this time, their sabotage failed. The bus kept moving, and....splat.

GulagDolls, Scum Roleblocker, died Day 4!

The town has won the game!

I will post more later, but for now I want to thank Mr. Humalong very sincerely for running almost half of this game. I had a serious personal tragedy happen and he jumped right in and ran a reasonably complex setup with no issue. Seriously, thank you.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Setup

Obsdoc

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

hello! thank you all for playing.

The setup was shamelessly cribbed from one of the possible setups for Campfire Mafia which ran earlier this month, except I changed all the vanilla town to bus drivers, changed the "Neapolitan" (vanilla/PR cop) to a bus driver cop that wasn't affected by bus drives, and added an additional night action to the scum team (each scum player had their own night action & the nightkill was a separate action not tied to a specific player). There was no further rebalancing done.

One improvement would be a way to somehow give the bus driver cop a reason not to claim right away. Probably specifying "immune to bus drives" and not "immune to all redirects" would have been better for obfuscating night results, but I think it treads the line on being too cute with wording to the players, and I do not think it solves the problem of immediate claims due to targeting randomness.

Anyway, thanks again, and once again a huge thanks to Humalong for coming in and keeping the wheels on. I enjoyed writing the setup and hope that you all had fun.