Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Please call one Unbendable VEEP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I like it when they rear up ferociously

King of the Clod up there is lookin pretty tough and seems to have real feathers like one of those blonds does.

Also the one that looks like a chipmunk.. will they keep that coloration or is it a babies only thing like baby pigs or fawns?

Sadly, that classic Americaunas backstripe will be molted out when they lose their chick fluff. I wish they kept it, it's so pretty!

Current Chickam link on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7ICWyIMhWSp0UUJpAeTCw/live

YouTube booted us the other day for a copyright violation complaint from Warner Brothers. Seems Chickam picked up the audio from a 1968 movie I was watching in the living room, and that triggered it. I got an email from YouTube and it took me a few minutes to figure out what had happened.

12_String researched it on the 'net and yeah...it's a thing other people have complained about, too.
Idiots. :suicide:

EDIT: BTW, we're into our spring thunderstorm season which is no joke up here in the mountains...they routinely knock our power out, though typically not for long. So if the cam goes away suddenly that's probably why. Tends to happen in the afternoons.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 26, 2019

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

bird with big dick posted:

I only see two chickams and they both look dead. Or maybe sleeping. But mostly dead.

It's tiring work being a tiny birb.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
ALphonso needs to learn to play nicely.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are the chickens on fire? That sounds like a smoke detector

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Yes, that was a smoke detector. No fire, I'm thinking it was set off by dust.

NOT the thing you want to come home from the grocery store to! :derp:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Corn cob!!!

edit - feeding frenzy!!!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Yeah, except no matter how much I tapped the corn and called, they wouldn't touch the corn cobs until the older babies were brought inside for the night and started eating their own corn. Good thing their older cousins were there to show them how to chicken!

This weekend we'll have a few meet & greets with Cam and Milton, plus a couple of the hens.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Watching the chicks persist in pecking the corn to try and figure out how to eat it is proving a good metaphor for life itself. They do not understand what part of the corn is the food part, but they refuse to give up until they find it.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

CJacobs posted:

Watching the chicks persist in pecking the corn to try and figure out how to eat it is proving a good metaphor for life itself. They do not understand what part of the corn is the food part, but they refuse to give up until they find it.

Yeah, you can peck at stuff but you have to be careful! I guess that's why there are so many little chickies...what if they peck a BOMB?!

I love chickens, by the by.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I also watched them ignore the cob for a good couple of hours after half-eating it.. and then suddenly once one decided that they'd actually like to eat the rest, all the others were like "wait, this is the best thing ever!"

Here's a quick & dirty Beauregard the Bueno

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I also watched them ignore the cob for a good couple of hours after half-eating it.. and then suddenly once one decided that they'd actually like to eat the rest, all the others were like "wait, this is the best thing ever!"

His little hat and slightly jaded expression--!

Cheerio got into the big kids side last night, almost got her butt kicked by Snow. Luckily we noticed and scooped her out in time. The big kids go out to the flock for good this weekend and the baby chicks will get the run of the box.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Sharpest Crayon posted:

A-cha-cha-cha-cha

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharpest Crayon posted:

One... singular Hen-sation...

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Every egg that she bre-ay-kes!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
gently caress yeah dunno how I missed this thread earlier.

chickam is my shark week.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bet I could hold three baby chickens in my mouth at once

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Wrong thread. Keep it clean. Have you seen these chicks? No. But, please, play nice. They are babies.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe they’d like to be in my mouth for a while I’d let them out afterwards.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Maybe they’d like to be in my mouth for a while I’d let them out afterwards.

They do want love.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
idk a chick is pretty big tbh you might have difficulties with fitting even one in your mouth

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Do it for science! :science:

The cam is down for about minutes while I clean the brooder box, the older chicks have gone out into the outdoor flock for good. When the cam comes back the baby chicks will have the run of the entire box, yay!

EDIT: The chicks now have the run of the box and are overjoyed, leaping and flapping, it's hilarious.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 3, 2019

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!
I see Wing Feathers, soon it will be time for the jail breaks...
:henget:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:five:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Vaga42Bond posted:

I see Wing Feathers, soon it will be time for the jail breaks...
:henget:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Feed has stopped for me but these chickams are starting to look bigger! Also like baby dinos still.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Feed has stopped for me but these chickams are starting to look bigger! Also like baby dinos still.

I sometimes get this, but usually reloading the tab does the trick for me.

The chicks are growing tiny little combs on top of their beaks with lil bead shapes and it's so goddamn cute.

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 3, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The cam seems to have fallen over! All I can see are little chick feet and a never ending field of straw.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
confirm the chicks have gone outta control and destroyed the cam

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Weedcat's grandchildren, mucking up the cam.
They are now jumping up on the brick the cam is mounted on, all the better to jump on unsuspecting sibling heads.
We're having afternoon thunderstorms, frequently our power goes out for short times during them, FYI.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Chicken update: they've all got glorious pants-feathers. They're starting to really look like fierce predators.:kimchi:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
oh man they're def getting big now
they're also v sleepy and all snoozing in a pile with their heads facing outwards, I assume for defensive combat purposes

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol they all reared up and then one climbed on top of the camera while tryin to eat the lens and smushed it down again

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches
One of the grey-and-white chicks kept shirtfronting the others just now. Rooster maybe?

E: Now a couple of the chicks have discovered they can jump on the flamingo lamp. They were on the arm of the lamp, not the actual flamingo head, so hopefully they've figured out that bit's too hot.

Goddamn Particle fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 8, 2019

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dangit I Always miss the hatching! That wlll teach me to finish my Bachelors, I should be checking SA for emerging chickens instead.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

evilmiera posted:

Dangit I Always miss the hatching! That wlll teach me to finish my Bachelors, I should be checking SA for emerging chickens instead.

General Studies finals are hard, yo.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

New camera angle! This one shows the entire length of the box but only half the width, this is the part they tend to spend the most time in tho...mostly in the upper right hand corner watching TV. The new brick is to play on and jump on each other from.

New colors coming in along with their first suit of feathers, some very pretty chicks shaping up!

Hopefully it'll be a while before they start roosting on the edge of the box in droves and knock THIS camera askew...

Roosters I'm calling now: Oy, Cheerio, and at least two more...possibly Beau and Brick too because they are so friendly.

Please pardon my neighbors idiot howling dogs. I'm hoping they'll cut to the chase and eat each other.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 11, 2019

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

They are getting fat! And sleeping, but still! Good chickies.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
somebody out there is trying to poach CHICKAM®™ and there's a bunch of crap nobody cares about called Chick Cam and poo poo like that. The REAL chicks are looking really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Ive heard chicks are actual dicks.

And baby chickens run around pecking at your ankles and pooping everywhere.