Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nirvana Ultimate League Limited (NULL) is a stable managed by the quadrone modron affectionately known as "TOCS", who is assigned on behalf of the Hierarchy on Mechanus to manage and invest resources and time into the House of Spirit at Goresbergh, for the purposes of what appears to be some kind of record-keeping that is transmitted back to Mechanus (essentially, a reality television show). It has a reputation that, as you expect, is very mechanistic and chews and spits out those that don't succeed, but also takes seemingly random gambles and choices on who it promotes and pays for (ironically leaning more chaotic than lawful in its decision making), giving a lot of unique fighters a chance at the ring. And despite the rather grueling schedule and management style, TOCS itself, who has started to go a bit barmy from its separation from Nirvana, has a well-earned reputation for being like having a very supportive friend on moondust, and boosting the wildest dreams (and delusions) of those in its clan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Remora posted:

By the way, if anyone has any thoughts on how to best to disseminate 192 of those statblocks, beyond just posting the Wall Of Text To End All Walls Of Text, I'm listening.

You're going to run into just limitations of how many people can pay attention to. You're the guide here but if it helps at all it may be worth having people go from 10 fighters each to a smaller number as a base. I know that 192 fighters is already pushing it and if you want to have later expansions it might make sense to start smaller and build up.

I would recommend using a spreadsheet for all the vitals for choices. At least, that would be the easiest for me to sort through and make decisions based on.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
NIRVANA ULTIMATE LEAGUE LIMITED (NULL)

I would like only four fighters, and this is my order of preference.

Chem Death
Adran Cathaxath
Nikki Brightmoon
Wild Bite of the Mild Islands
Throne
Margery Martin
Sanni Torunn
Suria of Chumbyxrinnish

I vote Middleweight for the expansion.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There has been a hostile takeover at NULL. An army of lawyers and devils and devil-lawyers have already filled out all the paperwork and even the great clockwork nirvana can't say they haven't done their due diligence. TOCS remains as an assistant "coach" providing now an all too grimly ironic encouragement to the fighters, who are now owned body and soul by the pit lord Duke Nixonos. He has taken the concept that was mainly a scientific experiment by the forces of Mechanus. The lemures and petitioners of the Nine Hells need a new form of tortuous entertainment, and what better venture to provide that than PIT-TV.

With that change of management handled, the following training regimen is implemented by the blithely optimistic TOCS, ahead of the tournament.

CHEM DEATH: -3 XP to improve Primary Style, -6 XP to improve Secondary Style
JEQUBA: No XP spend.
ADRAN CATHAXATH: -10 XP to Improve Chin.
NIKKI BRIGHTMOON: -15 XP to Improve Countering, -6 XP to improve Secondary Style.
THRONE: -15 XP to Improve Defense.

Confirming all fights.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 30, 2019

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spermy Smurf posted:

What events sheet? Did I miss one? It's not in the OP, and the one that is constantly linked is just the fighters.

I'm blind, and CTRL+F isn't working for me apparently.

A few posts up Remora said "I'll update the tournament later" which I took to mean "there is no tournament bracket yet"

Remora posted:

“The first leg of the ‘Jeweled Stages’ has been revealed to be eight fight-cards of twelve fights each, with their details available for perusal in our Events Calendar, beginning on page 72 of this issue. Future fight-cards for the tournament shall have knocked-out fighters from previous legs as an under-card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't use mine, using the filter works fine for me.