Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
This looks goofy I want in.

That which does not live can never die, and with strange eons even the dead may rise, to stardom!

Behold the stable known only as the Slamonomicon, led by the illustrious and most feared and also mostly since retired just so people would stop trying to break his crap, "Mister" Nedrazeer the Lich of Unterwist. And The Mister has one very simple requirement, 'give me your tired, your crumpled, your laid to rest, and I shall make of them a fighter anew!'

Nedrazeer is a Lich who is more than happy to take the cast-offs of other more choosy clans to bring under his crumbling wing, for if the Lich is known for anything in these circles it is his ability to pick the roughest of rough diamonds out from the bunch and make them shine, or make something horrible either or. After all in his eyes if they succeed, great! If they don't succeed, well waste not want not as mother used to say, the Mister can always use a few extra hands in more ways than one.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Slamonomicon

The Mister has made his decision, he has looked amongst the fresh crop of faces and from it, 9 potential candidates handed to the House in secret with specific picking orders in the draft. Whether he gets them or not, that is up merely to chance.

I choose Lightweight expansion.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 25, 2019

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

SLAMONOMICON

The draft was done, his choices were arrayed before him in plain manilla files* and all that was left to do, was to do the micromanaging. With his sable black quill in hand The Mister began to draft his orders to his underlings.

"We have work to do gentlemen, let us arrange the deck in our favour."

Drifting Smoke in the Fragile Storm - "The fight he is scheduled in includes judges who are mostly in favour for his opponent, but should we substitute Heward this would even the odds. The Cat has claws but takes a punch even worse than the Kobold, if he cannot sustain a prolonged fight make him end it quickly."
Spend 20 XP to improve their Finishing. Put in a request to swap Heward Hawthorne and Drifting Smoke's tournament scheduling.

Grugtik - "Pure high octane fire, you have made a good choice selecting this one Underfoot. A few turns in the high intensity course will do for him, if he has only one move then we will make sure that move will break the heavens and shatter the earth. Breaking the opponent is a secondary bonus."
Spend 12 XP to improve their Primary Offense twice and Signature Move. Confirm the scheduled fight

Heward Hawthorne - "Heward needs to work more on his defense, whether or not our transfer goes through he will be facing up against another striker. The longer he stays in the fight the better, see to it."
Spend 10 XP to improve their Chin. Confirm the exchanged fight with Drifting Smoke in the Fragile Storm.

Jiran - "Round one is a grappler versus grappler competition, ideal for our resident Aasimar except his opponent is far better on the defense. Take him to see Raakhur, the Yuan-ti knows the best way to open up a guarded opponent is to strike when he finally opens to attack."
Spend 15 XP to improve their Countering. Swap Jiran's Signature to a Suplex. Confirm the scheduled fight

Skaugran - "We do not fancy the Kobold's chances in this upcoming fight when comparing him to his opponent. Win or lose prepare the endurance course for after his match, his lethargic pace will work against him so long as his defense doesn't improve."
No scheduled training for now. Confirm the scheduled fight.

Wobbles Timbers - "Ironic that the fat halfling has possibly the best match up of our entire roster despite being one of our greenest members. Prepare him for the bout, our first showing in the new year must show the other groups that will not be underestimated."
No scheduled training for now. Confirm the scheduled fight.

*Filing was actually one of the great inventions of the recent era that "The Mister" had fully embraced as part of his work.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 3, 2019

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dick Kickers is OK with Aldous vs Heward instead.

I don't even know where the bracket is though. How did Slamonimicon know who was fighting? It's not on the excel doc as far as I can tell.

There is a second tab on the events sheet that has the fights on.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I can always make a copy of the big sheet for myself if need be if it's causing an issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Grugtik didn't like meetings, given the choice between fighting an owlbear with his fists or sitting in on a long meeting he would choose the Owlbear every single time. And as someone who in the words of his old elder of the Druid Circle 'leaned a little too closely to the violent side of nature' meetings about this little incident or that small thing that got turned into a big thing seemed to happen a lot.

Sitting across from the looming presence of Nedrazeer the Lich as he quietly wrote into his book of strangely non-animal looking leather, that he was called to attend almost immediately after the fight with Igden, and then was taken there in the night when he was asleep by his bed - very literally - was making him wish for several Owlbears at this point.

"Can I-" He began, and then the Lich raised a warning finger, as he dotted the last sentence he was writing. His cold eyes moved from the page to the increasingly nervous Goblin as the tome was pushed to one side.

[GRUGTIK, MAY I REMIND YOU THE DETAILS OF OUR CONTRACT?] The jaw never moved, the sound just seemed to come out of the air itself but it was obvious who was speaking.

"I perform for the best of me abilities, and work hard for the company, ser."

[IT DID NOT LOOK LIKE THAT IN THE RING GRUGTIK]

"I mean, I pulled it back in the 3rd round sir so I haven't lost-"

[BUT YOU DIDN'T WIN EITHER, DID YOU GRUGTIK?]

"Not, exactly, but I could win? Right?"

[COULD HAVES AND WOULDS HAVES ARE NOT THE CERTAINTY THIS COMPANY WAS BUILT UPON GRUGTIK] The Mister steeped his fingers as he looked at the Goblin. [AN UNCERTAIN RESULT CANNOT BE PLANNED AROUND, I DISLIKE IT WHEN I CAN'T PLAN FOR THE FUTURE, IT MAKES IT HARDER TO DO THE PAPERWORK. I DO NOT LIKE THINGS BEING MADE HARDER FOR ME THEN THEY HAVE TO BE. ARE WE IN ACCORD?]

Grugtik just nodded, it was the only he felt he might actually get out of this room.

[GOOD, AND YOU HAVE A FULL MONTH TO REFLECT UPON THESE MISTAKES AND PERHAPS REDEEM YOURSELF, WE HAVE SCOUTED A PROMISING RECRUIT WE WISH FOR YOU TO MAKE INTRODUCTIONS] A small imp like creature having finished with the letter written only moments ago, handed a sealed ebony black envelope to Grugtik. It was affixed with the pure white wax seal of the company and was addressed to...

"Eh? Isn't this one already in a stable?"

[NOT FOR LONG, CIRCUMSTANCES MAY HAVE CAUSED SOME STABLES TO DROP OUT OF THE COMPETITION EARLIER THAN EXPECTED. THIS IS UNFORTUNATE, BUT THIS ONE HAS A PLACE IN OUR COMPANY. I WOULD SEE YOU GET THE OFFER TO HER FIRST AND FOREMOST]

'Wait how do you know some stables are about to go under?' was what Grugtik would have said but... He decided he liked being a temporary errand boy and keeping his mouth shut, better than voicing his suspicions in front of his boss. The moment Nedrazeer excused him from the meeting he was out there like a shot, he didn't even see the bed returning to his room after the fact.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 26, 2019