Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
This seems incredibly robust, and I love the idea, and I want in, but I can't decide between 2 concepts, so here are both!

Unit 7160523 (AKA Seven) Prime of the Repurposed Warforged Cadre

War is hell, but for those that know only war, peacetime is unfathomable. After the last Great War, the Warforged found themselves without a cause, masters of their own destinies. Some took up adventuring and found great fame, others simply shut down, not wanting to face the future. Some, however, longed to continue their ways of combat, and found a semblance of societal acceptance in the ring. Some would say that armored war machines are overpowered in the arena of combat, but physics always finds a way. Unit 7160523, highest ranked of the Cadre before the end of the war, was naturally the choice to lead and manage the group, and has taken to refining the Aehamar style to reflect the living weapon nature of the "species".

If that's a bit too OP/not in theme, then we can go with:

Ras Butten, King of the Brawler's Parliament

With open hands, an infectious sense of humor, and a series of how-to self defense guides, this former champion of the ring has proven that the classics are classics for a reason. Having fought with a mix of Barak-rin and the Way of the Open Hand, many a bar-brawled rivalry was turned into a spectacular bout, even if a solid strike managed to rupture an organ or two. The years have taken their toll, and walking is hard for the former champ, but his mind and sense of humor are still as sharp as ever, ready and eager to bring the fight to a new crew, even if there's more than a little vicarious living through others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Remora posted:

I might suggest submitting Seven as a fighter later and going with Ras as your manager now, if you're really keen on both, but if you're okay with Seven not actually fighting that's a perfectly cromulent manager concept too.

Fake edit because I got ninja'd: That is a marvellous idea and I will set up a discord when I get home - but I would like the good stuff to make it to this thread, I like the idea of this place being the "official record".

If it's kosher, I may stick with Seven as a manager - even if it's not a full Warforged crew, there's always the training aspect: If you can keep up with a Warforged, you've got cardio for days!

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I think I'm going to kinda mix things together:
Unit 7160523 (AKA Seven) of the Brawler's Parliament

Binary is simple. Effective. Ones and zeroes. Clear-cut decisions. You either won, or you didn't. You either went, or you didn't. You either attack, or you defended. Everything else was a matter of odds.

The art was clear - Aehamar. Every surface a striking point. Every joint a weapon, and a weapon for every distance. Warforged were specialized, and if there were to be unit cohesion, everyone would have to fight as one. Sadly, the art had... rusted over as of late. This would change.
Race was irrelevant. Background was a bit more peculiar. Some fought for glory, others for acceptance, some didn't even know why they were there. This would change, though.

In perfect block scripting, the list was submitted. 6 names split between 3 weight classes. A one and a zero.

00 - Featherweight
000 - Vanna Elderberry - Age and experience can win fights, but more importantly impart that knowledge onto the younger generations.
001 - Bremdos - Every teacher needs a student, and every student requires ambition. With enough support, any task can be accomplished. Perhaps the art could be revolutionized.

01 - Middleweight
010 - Iluya - A fresh piece of metal can be formed into any shape.
011 - Caerdrim Flosem - And those whom have handled many strikes know how best to forge that metal.

10 - Heavyweight
100 - Gorbund of Urstyrrlinn - The background wasn't important. The race wasn't important. But the fact that they were a perfect style matchup for
101 - Ursha Deepdelver - meant that steel could sharpen steel.

The stack were primarily grapplers - many different forms across many different races. Their ground game was of no worry. Steel was forged with 2 main components, however. The ground game would be the heat that melted everything into its base components. The blows are what would reforge it, mold it, shape it into a single cohesive unit.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
The Brawler's Parliament

The group remaining from the draft had their benefits, but almost all had very little drive to work. This variable would be changed. Shared struggle forms bonds, and those bonds give people something other than themselves to believe in and fight for. A week or so working the Big Barrel should be just enough to upset them... until they see how well they can work as a unit. The body goes where the will directs it, and will continue to go should the will demand it.

Training Heart across the board, as much as XP will allow. All leftovers are to be held in reserve.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
The request delivered to the Brawler’s Parliament is responded to with a single sheet of paper, containing an incredibly small and precise checkmark in the upper-left of the sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
I use mine, too!