Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take the moon

by sebmojo
heck yase toxin crew. ill rep the gang tag once im sure im not getting banned anytime soon.

i think that quote can be applied to the metaphorical as well as literal. ppl, for example, can be toxic in diff ways. even if theyre kind and caring they can make it hard to stand for yrself and appreciate who you are and what makes you unique w or w/o others

looking forward to reading more examples of nature at war with itself itt

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
i did it, i think it looks neat next to my av. u always think of being a shaman as a lol cool job where u just do a lot of drugs but turns out you have to eat ants then puke them up.

:vapes:

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo

prepuce repurposed posted:

toxic aunt: you wore one of the two sweaters I made you for christmas!

me: yep I love it (lying, lol)

T. A. : where's the other one

me: I can only comfortably wear one sweater at a time it's April for christ's sake

T. A. : you hate it don't you

:smithfrog:

haha

take the moon

by sebmojo
the jewel wasp is fascinating. reminds me of this, (srry if this is an ant crew trigger, i can't figure out how to spoiler vids. if its a problem ill take it down)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

hope this is a cool addition, idk if its toxicology

take the moon fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 22, 2019

take the moon

by sebmojo

Stoner Sloth posted:

PS peeing on jellyfish stings is unlikely to help
:hmmyes:

v good post ty.

take the moon

by sebmojo
in order I am b, c, a :)*

:) stands for it doesn't matter I am down to learn about w/e

take the moon

by sebmojo
just wanted to add that amanitas can be v beautiful :shroom:

good postings imo

take the moon

by sebmojo
am I correct in assuming that if a frog is any weird colour it should def not be touched? asking for a friend who also wants to know if licking counts

take the moon

by sebmojo
hi toxicslurpee im ok inductively, hope ur good too

Stoner Sloth posted:

toxic mimics.

what are these exactly? milder poisons? because their evolution couldn't be bothered to evolve the real deal?

take the moon

by sebmojo
sorry for necroing toxin crew not :twisted: but i found this cool toxin called tetrodotoxin which has been used to uh alleviate heroin withdrawal symptoms apparently. anyway thats it, ty

take the moon

by sebmojo

Manifisto posted:

also by the way I died of ttx poisoning and I am ghostposting

unfortunate

thats what you get for posting in toxin crew without a tag

Goons Are Great posted:

Wait are Ramen a kind of ghost?? If they are toxic

instant ramen is toxic af. i went to an experimental film thing which was all about immigrant experiences in :canada:. the leadoff short film was someone reciting a list of ways instant ramen would literally kill you slowly, accompanied by a slideshow of it photographed in the way you'd expect gourmet/hand prepared whatever ramen to be. ive had it literally twice since then. each time it filled me with existential terror.

instant ramen culture is shockingly beautiful tho, i guess like many unhealthy things.

take the moon

by sebmojo
im hype for toxin crew 2.0 i expelled some toxins ln as is protocol

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
sup guys. toxin crew is 4 life. Thanx for the effort posts . I'll try to come up with one myself. I'm thinking one on the spider man arc with um the spider goddess bad person. she.... Used poison

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
yea such was my thinking :) it's nice to be back in action

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
okay here is my effort post on a comic i read as a kid. i kind of tapped out on it having any real thesis

first of all i am informed that this was written by someone called john michael straciznky. he apparently wrote for theatre & movies also and had enough self-esteem to write a book on writing scripts. well tbh this story captivated me as a kid for a bunch of reasons. i got it in one of those comic samplers which were all the rage to give to your kids as birthday presents or whatever. like enjoy a bunch of random disconnected whatever. but um its the intent that counts.

so as a child i read the second issue of what is basically a self-contained story at 3 issues. the first opens with thrilling dreaming action as spider man dreams he is in a city full of people who are also spiderman. dr. strange appears, is like sup, and informs peter that hes tied into a bunch of weird astral plane mythology stuff. he tells peter to open his biology/zoology textbook to a certain page when he wakes up. peter does so and the panel reveals its a page on spider-wasps.

what is a spider-wasp? a wasp that eats spiders or i think feeds them to their babies. i dont really knwo a fun way of being informative about this. basically im glad im not a spider. i think we can all grasp the concept of wasps laying babies in spiders so the babies have fresh food when they wake up. moving on.

so peter is a lil shook but ultimately is like whatever. this seems like a common reaction in comic book dudes. theyre just like eh well i could get run over by a car tomorrow anyway. peter is also going thru a rough time relationship wise. this is where the setup gets a liiiiil toxic.

basically the idea is that mj is like far away and w/ some other dude. and peters all like this sux. hes living all trashed out and sad and so hes not really expecting the spider-wasp totem whatever girl to attack him.

turns out she is some avatar of whatever and followed him from the astral plane on some adventure. well spiderman basically kicks her butt and throws a building at her. we'll move on from here. im not especially interested in it but it was fun to read the setup cuzz....

issue 2 is like a backslide arc

so basically a lil annoyed that she got her clock cleaned so she signs up to talk to the news about how spiderman is a sex pervert. this is a metaphor. like huge metaphor alert. this is supposed to be like the poison wasps use on spiders. its kind of cool cuz even though shes a freaked out monster who talks like a crazy person she can shapeshift to human form and is suddenly conversational. a nd everyones like loving spiderman of course hes a freak. anyway j jonah jameson is like man... i knew it... spider-man is evil.

they dont quite go into like him being a rapist or whatever. i dont really need to deconstruct this i think. basically the idea is that a woman accuses a male celebrity of being a pos in a sexual way. this is bad. the woman is bad. dont do this women.

that wasnt really what got me as a kid. like i was kind of like whoa but basically spiderman jumps into the tv studio and starts kicking her rear end. what got me is that after the metaphorical poison to the social body of spiderman she injects a real poison while hes distracted by getting really itno beating her up. what i mean is he has a lucid out of body moment and realized hes been freaking out and literally the whole battle scene is a giant web. tbh its a cool visual. so he books with poison in his system.

so as a kid im like holy balls. hes poisoned. hes gonna die. the spider goddess got him good. and i didnt have the next issue.

so i totally acquired it thru legal means yesterday. i mean i did buy a comic book legally in the recent past and also read a comic book and whose to say those two events werent connected. so like it turns out that

ANTICLIMAX ALERT

iit was a paralysis poison. later some dude who is prolly him from the future shows up and rescues him. i was a lil annoyed and then i like read a bit more and didnt really like where it was going. i wanted to type about this but im not sure there ended up being a point. in the end spiderman drops her into some yawning abyss in the ground that possibly represents a vag.

part II will be a heckin research post on wasps in mythology lol to make up for how lame this was but thanx for accompanying me down weird memory lane. i think if they tried this story again it would be way different lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
^that never happened instead i will trip report the article passion vine butterflies: a taste for poison from the December 1993 issue of national geographic

it begins by describing a butterfly battle. butterflies often fight for flower nectar. also they really love nectar, to the point where a hand of god tugging on their wings won't make them let go.

the scientific name for passion vine butterlies is Heliconus. for bugs they have big brains & detailed memories.

their name comes from what they eat right before chrysalis. they like areas mildly disturbed by humans and the edges of forests, where there is less competition for food im assuming or maybe passion vines just grow in those areas for some reason. the article didn't expand.

males have a thinner abdomen so they can mate easier. they compete through a smell like witch hazel which repels other males. its a drug that makes them less into sex.

larva begin life by eating the egg they emerged from. they shed skin 4x times for 5 stages of adolescence total. finally they reach the pupal stage, followed by a 10 day metamorphosis. normally females get their bones jumped immediately. females store eggs from these matings like the rest of their life and self-fertilize.

they are 1 of 2 subspecies of butterly to feed on pollen. this is in addition to their nectar diet. this combo fuels their lives as, as the article puts it, "flying cyanide capsules." they live their lives and predators in the know give them space, almost like a protective aura or blessing has been bestowed on them.

their colour patterns can be pretty psychedelic & varied. the article describes how two of them gened a hybrid form that mimicked a long dead species of butterfly called the esunia. its like all this stuff is stored in genetic information & thats how ghosts work or something. sometimes passion butterflies evolve fairly accurate mimicry patterns so they dont have to wait to be eaten for predators to think they're bad to eat.

photos:

----------------