Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Everyone's favorite horny devil is back on May 8th. After an unexpected and merciless execution at the hands of Archvillain Fox; Lucifer was cancelled at the end of season 3, despite ending on a huge cliffhanger. Luckily; after a tremendous outpouring of grief the world over, the show was saved by Netflix. While the showrunners have said there won't be too many changes to the show we love now that it's on Netflix; we can expect more adult content (read: Nudity) and more compact 10 episode seasons, which will hopefully improve the show even further than Tom Ellis' handsome arsecheeks. The season will drop in 2 five episode batches, separated by a 'Mid Season Break'.

Have a Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QBmphmLbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Actual trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQb74Cr9N0

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I love this show. I think Netflix is the best thing that could possibly have happened to it. You just know that Fox was holding it back. I can't wait to see what they do now that they don't need to have one hand tied behind their backs.

Also it's great that I'll be able to binge 5 episodes in one sitting. It feels very Lucifer. Like a giant orgy of television excess.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Started watching it a few weeks ago and just finished season 3 last night. So glad it's continuing ! Haven't been hooked like this to a TV show in a long time.

I must say I kind of wish they kept the more darker psychological aspects the first episodes of season 1 had, where Decker was becoming disturbed with what she was seeing (of Lucifer's powers) but couldn't explain them. But I guess that wasn't the tone and direction they were aiming for with the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Didn't watch any of last season. Oh... Inbar Lavi. I'm in.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cool, looking forward to this.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Jomo posted:

Started watching it a few weeks ago and just finished season 3 last night. So glad it's continuing ! Haven't been hooked like this to a TV show in a long time.

I must say I kind of wish they kept the more darker psychological aspects the first episodes of season 1 had, where Decker was becoming disturbed with what she was seeing (of Lucifer's powers) but couldn't explain them. But I guess that wasn't the tone and direction they were aiming for with the show.

Regardless of what the show runners have said in the past; I’m quite confident that fox played a role in making sure the show didn’t stray too far from ‘procedural + twist’

I’m excited for the new season because the move to both Netflix and short seasons has the potential to be a huge leap forward for the show.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I need to watch at least episode 1 before I go to sleep tonight for work.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtbg9poe_w

Reunion special!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Anybody know what time the episodes drop?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Midnight or 12:01 pacific time, apparently.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 8, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's up!

And with that amazing announcement, I'm going to sleep. Let's try to keep the new thread spoiler free for a bit. Haven't decided if I'm gonna marathon or if I'm gonna take my time on the show. It's a long, long wait to season 5.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’m probably going to binge it. I would assume the general Netflix show thread rules apply. All episode specific commentary should be spoiler tagged; with a reference as to which episodes you’re spoilering.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Even though this is now a Netflix original, they’re editing it like it’s on fox still. Is it being broadcast outside the US on some other channel?e

Edit: okay this maze scene in episode 3 is simply amazing

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 8, 2019

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
less clothing confirmed in ep 1 :wiggle: thank you netflix! Also a return of the piano right off the bat :D

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Even though this is now a Netflix original, they’re editing it like it’s on fox still. Is it being broadcast outside the US on some other channel?e

Edit: okay this maze scene in episode 3 is simply amazing

Not as far as I know. I think the show runners said they aren’t going to mess with the format too much, at least at first. Going to start watching in about half an hour. I’ll be very interested to see how the production values have changed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Less than you'd think from what I can tell. Then again I don't know how to ascertain that unless it's ridiculously obvious. Maybe it's a case of all the small things adding up?

It's pretty fun still.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Bits and pieces give it away. The (episode 1 minor spoiler) action scene at the start of episode 1 is more brutal and visceral than anything I recall this show doing before also the nudity of course. I kinda get the impression that they have more money - I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but the look of the show feels more expensive somehow. And i noticed they have the budget to show Amenadiel flying in and landing, rather than what they always did before with angels, where they would appear and disappear off camera.

Also I had read that the season would be released in 2 blocks of 5 episodes but we seem to have all ten.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm one episode in and it's amazing so far. They've kept the rough show template but have kinda slightly pushed the envelope a bit. Not spoiling anything, cause drat it's fun seeing how they've handled it.

Looking like the season is gonna be a good one.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The cinematography has changed a little too; a lot more contrast heavy and heavier blacks.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Starting on the 3rd episode and I like how they decided to have Decker react with Lucifer's reveal now.

She went to Vatican and a investigator priest wants to perform a exorcism on him. Seems like she half way believe he might be the devil due to now witnessing even more non-human feats but still conflicted.

"Your sex holes are never going back to normal." - Maze continues to be the best

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 8, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if this is a game changer for anyone, but I love that it's available in 4k. Normally I hate using the streaming on my tv instead of my browser but I make the effort when it's 4k related.

Those night shots of LA look loving AMAZING.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's subtle, but the show just looks richer. And you get an extra 5-6 mins per episode.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

I just fell in love with Inbar Lavi.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The positivity so far about this new season has me hyped to begin watching tonight.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
6 episodes in and I'm loving this so far.

Sex orgy and nudist colony time!

Sort of bummed by the lack of Trixie so far.

Oh poo poo Lucifer gets a cop shot/killed.

Sekhmnet posted:

Honestly don't know who she was before this and I love her in this. Eve has been great!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Errr...the Castiel name drop is weird since there is an angel in apocrypha known as Cassiel, but Castiel is mainly only a Supernatural thing. Unless I heard it wrong.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I enjoyed that season.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished and I loved it. The show being condensed down to 10 episodes with no filler makes it so much better. Imagine that! Netflix did a great job. I think they added enough to what they could allow since now they are no longer on network but not to go to far and to crazy.

Episode10 Bit surprised Lucifer decided to return back to hell. Hopefully this means season 4 has a good chunk of time in hell. Love to see their interruption

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sekhmnet posted:

Imposters might be right up your alley then.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Just started S4. For people who’ve finished it, how does it rank compared to the first three?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Having just finished 4,2,1 and then 3. Cutting out the filler really helps.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Lol at lucifer's pun in episode 5 He got tired

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Just started S4. For people who’ve finished it, how does it rank compared to the first three?

I'm halfway through S4 and I'm enjoying it way more than I did season 3.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sekhmnet posted:

I'm halfway through S4 and I'm enjoying it way more than I did season 3.

These 10 episodes are immensely better paced then season 2 and 3.

Not enough Trixie though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Avoid Twitter cause they (the cast and show runners) are posting some behind the scenes pics and some of them are spoilers :mad:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Has a revived Netflix show had this much of a quality leap? I am enjoying it a lot so far.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I straight up gave up on S3 since it just kept spinning its wheels, but I'm back on for S4, and it's been pretty rad so far (3 eps in). I think the smaller season at Netflix really helped them tighten things up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finished up the season today, and gotta say, it's pretty awesome. Only thing I didn't quite get was the ending.

Haven't they already brought up the idea that hell has some kinda time dilation effect, where time passes incredibly fast there compared to here? If they did, then Lucifer could be gone for like a year his time and still show back up to visit Chloe in a week our time or however long it is.

Only other things that kinda bugged me this season were Chloe freaking the gently caress out over Lucifer, and then believing he's the source of all evil, but NEVER TALKING TO THE LITERAL ANGEL SHE KNOWS ABOUT ANY OF THIS. She just grabbed her kid, headed to Rome and listened to some random dude tell her how to kill a guy/send him to hell. Weird

Also, it kinda bugged me that demons can kill people, but angels can't. That seems kinda, contradictory in a weird way. Like demons having more freedom than angels do. I can't recall em mentioning it before, and I guess Lucifer could have just straight up told Maze not to kill anyone when they got surface side.

Loved Inbar Lavi. She did a great job on this.

All in all, loved it, and hope we get a season 5 soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, Mazikeen. Daughter of Lilith. Who was the daughter of....

Huh.