Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

pentyne posted:

So, Mazikeen. Daughter of Lilith. Who was the daughter of....

Huh.

Lilith was Adam's first wife, before Eve. This isn't official biblical canon but actually from some medieval satirical work, and its story is why the Lilith character has become more of a Feminist icon. Since she was created from the same clay as Adam, she refused to be subservient to Adam but rather be treated equally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

Some people like to point out that in Genesis 1:27 God creates both a man and woman in his own image. In Genesis 2 the woman created in Genesis 1:27 is suddenly forgotten. That's when Eve is created from Adam's rib. This adds to the whole Lilith mythos

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm only on episode 6ish but man, it would have made me so much happier if they'd used Adam instead of Eve.

"Adam, how are you here?"
"I saw you leave hell, and, well, what can I say? I've always been a bit of a follower"

I'm loving this season a LOT so far, but aw beans I'm just imagining my ideal

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Just finished. That season was insane, holy poo poo. The quality leap moving to netflix was like night and day. And that finale. I'm more eager for season 5 than I was for season 4.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Just finished. That season was insane, holy poo poo. The quality leap moving to netflix was like night and day. And that finale. I'm more eager for season 5 than I was for season 4.

Its so much better now that they are blatantly showing off Lucifer's super powers every chance they can.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Whalley posted:

I'm only on episode 6ish but man, it would have made me so much happier if they'd used Adam instead of Eve.

"Adam, how are you here?"
"I saw you leave hell, and, well, what can I say? I've always been a bit of a follower"

I'm loving this season a LOT so far, but aw beans I'm just imagining my ideal

I think they didn't want to go that route cause they already did the cain/abel thing from the previous season. Yet another biblical dude (hell, even Dad has shown up in a way) would be a little redundant.

That being said, Abel and his randomly trying to pick up chicks with "I have many goats!" line was amazing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The way that last episode started out I was thinking season 5 would be full on battle pope

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Highlight of the (incredibly strong) season for me was Eve watching Lucifer during the bar fight. Girl was thirsty and I was here for it.

I can't believe how much higher this show jumped in quality just moving onto Netflix.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Episode 5 was the craziest the show has ever been. I can’t wait to finish the season out this weekend.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hell of an opening song, to be crushed by an actor.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I've only just started ep 5, but I love they kept the gimmick of Lucifer kicking someone's rear end and being smug only to wind up getting injured because Chloe wandered in during the first few episodes

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Ah goddamn it. Since it didn't happen this season, I sure hope that Ella gets a dose of truth about Lucifer next season.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

One of my favourite moments this season was Amenadiel telling Chloe her father was proud of her and her realising how he knows that.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I kind of feel like a few parts were a little rushed towards the end, so I would have been happy maybe with 12 episodes. But I agree wholeheartedly the tighter season is better.

It felt like at the end they left it with less of a cliff hanger. If the show didn't get a fifth season, although that would suck, it would feel like the main arcs had come reasonably full circle.

The 4K & Dolby Vision was fantastic, the whole season looked amazing.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Just finished it. Easily the best season of this show yet. Helps ease my disappointment in TV I’ve had recently thanks to GOT.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Good Lord, Aimee Garcia and Lauren German are both 40. They both look amazing.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Good Lord, Aimee Garcia and Lauren German are both 40. They both look amazing.

:stare: I thought Aimee was like mid-20s or something

I didn't know she was on Dexter though or that might have clued me in but drat

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Skypie posted:

:stare: I thought Aimee was like mid-20s or something

I didn't know she was on Dexter though or that might have clued me in but drat

Best known for her amazing salad eating!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

Best known for her amazing salad eating!

She can eat my Sala... oh, We'll be right back after these messages.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hey this was really good.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah this was a lot of fun. :)

Hope the ratings are good and we get another season!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had a good time today with my old folks. Funnily enough this is the only show they watch that I watch as well, so we binged S4 together.

This was my (as well as theirs) favorite season by far. I loved it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Has archangel Michael appeared yet? He would be a good character, isn't he supposed to have beaten Lucifer?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bessantj posted:

Has archangel Michael appeared yet? He would be a good character, isn't he supposed to have beaten Lucifer?

The Sword of Michael was in it. A lot of the relationship drama between Amenediel and Lucifer is very similar to the relationship between Lucifer and Michael in the comics.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Medullah posted:

The Sword of Michael was in it. A lot of the relationship drama between Amenediel and Lucifer is very similar to the relationship between Lucifer and Michael in the comics.

I suppose the whole "greatest of God's warriors." thing does give Amenediel a Michael feel. I've never read the comic is it quite different from the show?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

bessantj posted:

No, as a matter of fact I believe the exchange about naming the baby Michael was the first reference of any kind to Archangel Michael in the entire show. Or at least the first direct reference.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bessantj posted:

I suppose the whole "greatest of God's warriors." thing does give Amenediel a Michael feel. I've never read the comic is it quite different from the show?

The comic is entirely different other than the premise of "Lucifer quits hell and hangs out in a piano bar with his demon friend Mazikeen."

It's a REALLY good book but very, very different.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I always wondered if these tv bars exist in real life. The clubs i enjoy smell weird and you can't hear people talking right in your ear.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Are you talking about lucifer's place? Or is there one in a later episode that I haven't seen yet? Cuz his is definitely supposed to be like the platonic ideal of "cool TV nightclub"

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
This was cool and good. I'd given up on the show at some point in season 3, but decided to give it a chance on Netflix, and yeah, quality is way up.

Last episode was great, except they seem to have a bit of a plot hole...Eve returns to the demons to see what's up, and Dromos appears to slit her throat. At first I thought she went to Lucifer as a demon pretending to be Eve, but her throat was fine (all the other demons have wounds) and she was still Eve....what the hell happened? Was there a cut scene we all missed? Was there an explanation I missed?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Malgrin posted:

This was cool and good. I'd given up on the show at some point in season 3, but decided to give it a chance on Netflix, and yeah, quality is way up.

Last episode was great, except they seem to have a bit of a plot hole...Eve returns to the demons to see what's up, and Dromos appears to slit her throat. At first I thought she went to Lucifer as a demon pretending to be Eve, but her throat was fine (all the other demons have wounds) and she was still Eve....what the hell happened? Was there a cut scene we all missed? Was there an explanation I missed?

He just hit her to knock her out. She even says she came to and they were gone.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

pentyne posted:

He just hit her to knock her out. She even says she came to and they were gone.

Ah, I guess they used her as a lure then. Kinda makes sense. Still seems like the demons, in that situation, would've just killed Eve. Angels seem to be able to 'get the scent' of at the very least Angels, as recently demonstrated by Remiel (unless that's her superpower?). Demons aren't that smart I guess. Felt clunky though. I guess I was paying too much attention to 'WTF didn't she just die?' and missed the part where she says she came to and they were gone.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I got to meet these guys (and Leslie-Anne Brandt) over the weekend.

I didn't realize Tom Ellis was so tall from the show I'm 6'1, so he has to be at least 6'3 or so. Anyway, it's kind of interesting that Brandt is familiar with the comics. Also, they have no inkling on whether they'll be renewed or not but the general plan is to dip into other supernatural beings and stuff if it continues.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Binged the whole season over the last few days, really good stuff! Fun, liked Eve as a new character, some good one liners, etc. Only thing that bothered me was Dan. What was the point of him being around constantly this season? He was just an annoying sad sack dbag again. We were finally starting to not hate him last season, and now he's lame again. And that fling with Ella made no sense. I'd be fine if they wrote him off except for being Trixie's dad every few episodes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I feel like the logical next place for Dan is to bring him in on 'the truth'. I think it will be very entertaining when he finds out.

In fact; the best way to do it would be to have him killed (maybe by some supernatural force; to justify a resurrection of some kind? or a deep coma? I think it's been established you can go to hell/heaven when your body is technically still alive like that dirty cop from season 1?) and then have him appear in Hell only for lucifer to see him and give him poo poo about it.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 24, 2019

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Dan dies/goes into a coma protecting Chloe and/or Trixie, his guilt lands him in hell. Lucifer and Dan go back to Earth to kick rear end and take names.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Q_res posted:

Dan dies/goes into a coma protecting Chloe and/or Trixie, his guilt lands him in hell. Lucifer and Dan go back to Earth to kick rear end and take names.

That would be greay for the insane mood shift where Lucifer would be mocking him then finds out someone/thing is actively trying to kill Chloe.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This season was an incredible step up from the last one. At this point I'd be totally fine if they threw the police procedural aspect to the wayside completely.

I also agree that this could serve as a bittersweet finale if it doesn't get renewed, but it would leave so many things unanswered concerning Chloe. I'm kind of hoping for a situation Where hell is turned into a place for redemption rather than eternal torture. It would mirror Lucifer's own path toward redeeming himself.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 28, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

This season was an incredible step up from the last one. At this point I'd be totally fine if they threw the police procedural aspect to the wayside completely.

I also agree that this could serve as a bittersweet finale if it doesn't get renewed, but it would leave so many things unanswered concerning Chloe. I'm kind of hoping for a situation Where hell is turned into a place for redemption rather than eternal torture. It would mirror Lucifer's own path toward redeeming himself.

But that makes it worse...so much worse.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
If we never get another episode of Lucifer, I'd be fine. The ending was close to perfect. I feel like the lead up could have been a little better, but I feel like it tied up the loose ends and provided closure. I was satisfied. The last look Chloe gave Lucifer as he spread his angel wings and ascended was worth it. It took until season four for Chloe and Lucifer to get character development, but it finally came.

Well.. it tied up the existing loose ends, but created new ones.
How will they explain a room full of dead people with another dead person outside with a half dozen bullets from Chloe's gun in them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

How will they explain a room full of dead people with another dead person outside with a half dozen bullets from Chloe's gun in them?

Suicide by cop.