Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Cool

the neatest tech thing i ever found at a thrift store was a metal cased thing with a bunch of strange ports on the back and some USB ports. normally i wouldnt care but i noticed the front usb port was marked "USB Sniffer", so i bought it for a dollar

anyway disappointingly it turned out to be some sort of security camera thing that would overlay data from the usb onto the video feed, so like, an access controlled door could overlay the name of the person using the access card onto the video

also i got a hauppauge hd pvr 2 for 3 dollars today at goodwill so eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i don't want some piddlywinks settlement. i want equifax forcibly dissolved and its executives imprisoned.

same

or,

lets all get the settlement money, pool it all together, and hire agent 47.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

great, nice, i go to wawa all the time. chaos reigns

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Varkk posted:

gently caress it takes like half a second to tap Windows-L as you stand up. Surely that is the minimum you would do. Or else force power off or something on the way out.

just yank the drat plugs if u are bugging out

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

"tiny chips, from chinese hackers, with secret backdoors, discretely integrated and localized entirely on your motherboard?"

"yes"

"may i see it?"

"no"

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

maybe they were thinking of @Tesla as "at tesla"

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

in the past you had to really want to post your story or whatever and you'd have to make a geocities site or something

now anyone can just grab their phone and post "here's why my rear end smelled like burnt turkey at my high school graduation (1/124)"

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

somebody on reddit discovered that their 3d printer printed this out while they were sleeping

https://www.thespaghettidetective.com/blog/2021/08/19/what-happened-last-night/

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

is this that stupid game where your character is invincible when you move the game window

because, lol

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i mean its clearly something he's doing, considering its happening on multiple computers and operating systems (or yeah it's just bullshit)

im just gonna throw out a wild guess and guess that he's loving with settings and poo poo because "he knows what he's doing" and it gets all hosed up

do you actually have access to one of his hosed computers or is he just telling you this stuff

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

VileLL posted:

he’s currently getting worked up about windows 11 folders having pre-windows 11 install dates,

im totally on the "this isn't a computer problem" side now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Wasn't that missing files (so it was faster to warez/download) rather than copy protection?

yeah, so they replaced the audio files with one second (or whatever) blank files to save space, and

quote:

It turned out that the Deus Ex programmers decided
to put triggers not only on length of speechfiles, but also on a combi-
nation of the subtitles display and an object flag for that.