Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yoloer420 posted:

How have there been so few hilarious security fuckups lately? It's been really disappointing.

Fingers crossed that things get fun again sometime soon. For the first time in forever I've found pentesting to be a grind :(

there is this one waiting in the wings: https://us-cert.cisa.gov/sites/defa...alth_Sector.pdf

I whipped up some power shell scripts to check for the indicators of compromise and I run those every so often, butt..........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the only person I know with a poli sci degree owns 18 fast food restaurants and is a millionaire so I guess the world is a land of contrasts

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m guessing, yeah

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lysidas posted:

not using linux once again proving to be the superior choice

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

catching covid in a courtroom to own an overworked underpaid government db admin

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Big Sur more like Big Hurr

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Midjack posted:

Twitter window
Facebook wall
Use all the API calls
All these DMs crawl
Y'all fleet fleet motherfuckers
Y'all fleet fleet goddamn
Y'all fleet fleet motherfuckers
Y'all fleet fleet goddamn

:hmmyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yeah use googles Remote Desktop. it’s really good which means they are only a month or so from cancelling it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

that’s why it’s gonna get cancelled

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

redleader posted:

i have never written anything important

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I still can’t believe people still think they’re sensitive to emf in tyool 2020.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m sensitive to EMF

Eggs! Motherfucker

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mystes posted:

It's a mystical orb that sits on Jeff Bezos's desk.

that’s actually the thing of internets

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

there's like two or three james bond films where the bad guys steal nuclear submarines

call me bond. Jim silly bond

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hail Nice Satan

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this is the one and only time I can say it: nagios supremacy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Once again observium is the superior option. I'm sure a collection of bespoke php scripts using some ancient version of php has no problems whatsoever.

I’m trying the free version of this and if it’s bad I’m blaming you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

real good guy microsoft would just gently caress off with windows 10 licensing, tie it to the PC and be done with it.

they’re kind of there today but it could be better, supposedly it’s non-transferable and stuff

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you can get windows 10 licenses on eBay for like $5 per. just do that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yeah if you can live with the watermark it doesn’t matter. it’s not like the old versions where there was a timed killswitch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m convinced no one used windows 8 except for as an upgrade point to 10

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ewiley posted:

So I have a minor secfuck/ethical gently caress situation... a guy I used to consult with (and I'm technically still working for doing "QA") wants to certify his company to assess some new <major credit card software security standard> and listed me as a qualified assessor. I have never done any actual paid softwarefuckling so I don't think I qualify (one of the baseline requirements is one (1) year as a software developer). But this guy listed me anyway on his application and is blaming me for delaying his company getting certified.

I think I'm cursed forever because I once had a certification assessing <major credit card security standard>, but I think lying to the the standards body is a bit beyond what I'm willing to do. I think this is a good time to :sever: especially since I don't really do any work for him any more, but I'm wondering if I need to do more, like report him to the standards body, or just ignore it and let it work itself out.

if pci is anything like HIPAA, you can be held personally liable for losses of PII if it can be proven that you did it knowingly (in your case you knowingly acknowledge that you don’t have the skill set for this).

do not do this unless you have the proper skill set, tech toolset and backing

:sever:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you think that’s YOUR sim card in your phone?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you probably got sim swapped

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this was before the industry standardized on the term Fake News

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

also it requires some very specific tool and skills to accomplish. probably not a huge worry for your average user

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you keep the one you ruined and give them the clone that’s in good condition, since you already have the info you want.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Volmarias posted:

You cannot replicate the greasy cheeto stains though, those are like a thumbprint I can use to identify mine for this specific possibility

that’s why they say this vulnerability is so hard to replicate. there are maybe what, two or three master Cheetomen in the world? their services don’t come cheap

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wtf is pillowfort

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PCjr sidecar posted:

you’d only really have to worry about basement windows

L

M

A

O

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

he still would've been caught and they narrowly missed getting castle doctrine'd by 5-10 minutes.

hell yeah bro George Zimmerman their asses

love to shoot people over money, LOVE IT

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

logging in as root supremacy :dukedog:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fail COL INS

SU SU SUDO

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DuckConference posted:

cat5e doctrine

thread title

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this is prime time for the BeOS ceo to offer to sell a new os to Huawei for 20 billion dollars

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao is that the onion?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

“never hire a security professional who has been through a breach” is some poo poo you say when you’ve never had the ceo of the company asking you to do some sketchy bullshit because they can’t be bothered to take even a second to care

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

they worked with someone smart enough to recognize the problem and ignored them when they said so

this is definitely the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

when you got a virus in the 90’s you either did a full :flatten: or you just, like, lived with it lol