Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
This seems like a good time to ask... are there any winners in the non-smartphone hardware token (like RSA SecurID, not Yubi) that aren't the SecurID? That also integrate with hosted exchange or GSuite for multifactor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you're gonna go that route, use Algo. I use ExpressVPN for your original purpose because I'm lazy and agreed, just trying to avoid snooping / open wifis

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lain Iwakura posted:

they’re all their own flavour of bad

taiyoko posted:

Is there something about the RSA SecurID that you dislike?

Thanks guys. No particular hatred of the RSA thing, just looking for alternatives because most of the links that turned up seemed outdated.

So I don't X/Y the poo poo out of this:

I'm really just looking for an off-premise hosted webmail provider (think Exchange or GSuite) that allows for 2FA with the ability for me to also authenticate against the same service for other applications, so using RADIUS or something like it so that users can use the same creds/factors for a custom web app or VPN auth or whatever. I see some people doing 2FA with Google Auth (which is fine) but would also want the ability to use a disconnected token option like RSA SecurID or similar. Buying two services would be fine, would just want as much hosted off-premise as possible.

I can take this to the grays if it gets super off topic

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks guys for the help with the multi factor... looks like the Azure stuff is actually good

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
“Like many photo services, Shutterfly uses this data to enhance the user experience with features such as categorization and personalized product suggestions”

loving love personalized product suggestions based on my metadata!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jon Rubenstein! :argh:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

D. Ebdrup posted:

Even after all these years, the ATI logo still looks like a pair of red balls sporting a semi.

whoa

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The ti-89 sucked because you had to close your own parentheses at the end of an expression.
85/86 had no such constraints slowing me down

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
More like AtlASSian :xd:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is SentinelOne security snake oil?

An exec friend was asking me and while it looks like nothing I would want on in one of my companies, I was curious. It’s a low IP company so the threat model is likely stopping cryptolocker and spear phishing poo poo. For that I usually would recommend AppLocker and PS1 signing since it’s an all-Windows environment sans the marketing Dept.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

yeah, exactly my thought. I was holding out for an anecdote that was positive but meh.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there a link to some email client (Outlook?) pre-fetching all the links in an email upthread?

I can't find anything about it for the life of me.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks friends! :tipshat:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
you guys are insane if you think I’m going to ruin expensive meat with an “eye test”. still funny fuckup though

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
ars Technica reviewed June way back and was so gushy about that dumb gimmick that I swore June must’ve been developed by Condé Nast

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
how many of the passwords were correcthorsebatterystaple

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

popup ding sound, "GokuLiker69 has quoted your post and replied: im gay" appears in the corner of your screen on top of the powerpoint you're presenting to the executives

:bisonyes:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Trump thinks Crowdstrike has the Clinton email server, and tried to get the President of Ukraine to investigate:

https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/status/1176867460215128066?s=20

Which is laughable

sounds like the guy/gal who tried to FOIA NSA to get their emails back when they lost them?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

seriously considering giving up $400/yr savings in car insurance because travelers doesn't allow pasting into the password field

Totally get it. I almost put the kibosh on some company this weekend but at least 1Password is able to automatically paste in there.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Saw that first section use Brave :eek:
The rest is pretty good. Overall better than nothing, even if people don't know the why.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I only saw those two tweets posted here, was the Nord breach caused by connected clients coming through the tun interface?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lol. Only the best code paths

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
more like fartigate

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
sucks to your ASAR

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
the chome people who did the sandboxing and sec stuff are real good but yeah misaligned incentives with the ad company are too bad

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
if I changed usernames does that mean no one could quote me?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
lmao

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

Terraform is really good because you can instantly delete or corrupt days worth of work

According to myth, cryptolocker can destroy in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Terraform, we'll do it for ya in six minutes.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

they just emailed they are implementing mandatory MFA. :unsmith:

with SMS as an apparently non-disable-able option :smith:

oh I interpreted that notice as SMS or email or app token (choose one) but you’re probably right.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

this app vendor’s sales page mentions that they have an internal auditor with phd in cyber security who makes sure each release is 27001 compliant :thunk:

lmao

PhD == Doctor of Phreaking

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
“Away from 5 and 14 Eyes, we are based in Hong Kong and not required keep any data.”

😬

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

buddy, my high school job was working for a place where i installed mod chips and unlooped hu cards for pirated direct tv.

i think technically i was a pc repair technician, but we all knew the score

had a classmate whose dad did the HU hacking, I think ca. 2000 they had some low-class Pentiums operating in the middle.

i May have asked this itt before but is there a history of direcTV authorization hacking? I’d be interested to read about efforts against the F card and DTV/Echostar zapping people before big events, all the way up to whenever it stopped working. are there still people who pirate satellite?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

yeah, you could emulate the old "h" cards with a PC.

this might be some of what you want

we used to make crazy money during playoffs, olympics, and world cup because we'd offer a 20-day guarantee on the hu unloop any other time, but during those events it was pay every time, and direct tv would hit the cards multiple times a day sometimes. i was out of it before the switch to P4

cheers for the link. Would love to see how the old designs worked. Sort of like that 33c3 video on cable TV box RE.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

that article seems to say the malware was on the point of sale, but the actual wawa release says "servers" and then "in-store payment processing systems" which is weird

one thing that sticks out to me on this is neither Wawa nor the CC companies found evidence of fraudulent use of the cards.

If they’ve been sitting on this for eight months or so and haven’t sold it or acted on it then what am I missing?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Canadian telcos think VLR stands for Very Large Receivables

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Isn't that still how Office 365 encryption works? Send you an HTML email download and then render off your own file system?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wonder if anyone has ever computed how much energy has been wasted by building all those duplicated bins.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
we got a note from IT about zoombombing where people who guess your (static) room code join and share “profane materials”.
I had to double check that there wasn’t a thread in here about wardialing zoom numbers in order to show a man’s bottom.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

tk posted:

The Teams web app is better.

It has been working on Safari support without weird workarounds for at least 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

from what i understand Zoom supports setting a password when creating a meeting so this shouldn't even be a thing but people aren't smart and Zoom really leaned-in on the "convenience-over-privacy/security" angle

it’s true. the easiest way to keep zoom bombing from happening though isn’t setting a password but just checking the “don’t let just anybody present to the group” box