Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I am looking to replace the tires on my E82, wheels are the stock 18" you get with the M Sport. The stock sizes are 215/40r18 front and 245/35r18 rear. 215 wide tires seem to have a pretty crappy selection in 18" so I was thinking about going with 225s in the front, but should I stick with 40 profile or go down to 35? I also need a recommendation for a good all season hi performance tire

e: after doing a bit of reading apparently everyone runs 225/40r18 front and 255/35r18 on the rears, I'll have to see what that does to the available selection

rscott fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The problem in southern Kansas is the temperature swings 30-40f depending on which way the wind blows, so last week we had 2 inches of snow and a nice glazing of ice underneath but it was 70f on Christmas day. Makes it hell on a winter compound but we get just enough wintery precipitation that I don't know if I can get away with running summer tires.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I think I'm just going to go with the Pilot Sport A/S 3+

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
$1265 later and I have 4 new pilot sport a/s 3+ and an alignment, it was pouring so hard to judge the road noise but it did feel smoother and the wet grip certainly felt better