Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

meatpimp posted:

They don't have more than 15k on them, so they're no less than 75% tread. Since then, I've done some looking and that size isn't as expensive as I thought... throw 800 bones to Costco and I'm all good.

Sounds like you need some high performance summer tires. Since you've got winter tires anyway, and tread-wear isn't an issue, may as well get something soft and sticky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!
Probably not current but about 10 years ago a Bridgestone technical advisor warn me that even moving cars equipped with their summer tires below freezing could be destructive (might have been 40°f?). That was in the context of importing thousands of vehicles though, so they were necessarily very conservative. My Honda owners manual for 2020 has basically the same warning for 40°f so it must still be true enough to justify the warning.

Is there a modern 'sporty' winter tire? I live in Philly so we don't get much real winter, mainly wet and in the 20s/30s so regular winter tires seem a bit too focused on snow/ice grip and severe cold at the expense of wet and cool grip.

MarsellusWallace fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 19, 2020