Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

jamal posted:

Do you have a source for this?

As far as I can tell most sealants are just water, latex, fibers to help plug holes, and some sort of an anti-freeze.

For example, here's the msds for a can of that slime brand emergency tire repair stuff

https://storage.googleapis.com/slime-com/uploads/Tire%20Sealant.pdf

key points:

Yeah, rubber solidifies when exposed to air, the trick is getting it to be in the right configuration when that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

LRADIKAL posted:

I have these stock, efficient rear end tires on my car. I want some winter tires, maybe not snow tires, but something grippier. It seems like the stock tires are pretty good, efficient, smooth and long lasting for summer drives.

I'm open to suggestions, I'm pretty ignorant about tires. Thanks.

Suggestion: when the people who you want suggestions from ask you for the MODEL NAME of the tires you have, don’t just say “I already said there’re OEM tires” or “look at my other posts” and instead post the model name of the tires.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

taqueso posted:

This is one of those times where having 4 different tires on one car is a vast improvement.

Well yeah, it's a car, not a unicycle.