Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

two tire related questions:

1. How bad are Nfera SU1's going to be in cold weather? I live in the US and not the southern hemisphere so I have a while before I need to worry about it but I just bought a car with what looks like a brand new set. My only experience with summer performance tires in the past were when i was a dumbass college student and put a set of summer PZero Neros on an old Saab 900 turbo. I didn't have any issues then but I may have been tempting fate and also didn't have to drive nearly as much as i do now.

2. The OEM tire size is 195/45/16 and selection is very limited. Are there any sizes I could safely switch to on the stock wheels that would give a better selection of all season performance oriented tires?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MrOnBicycle posted:

Also, I bet you bought a KIA/Hyundai.

Fabulousity posted:

:stare: I think trying plus/minus zero sizes reduces your options even more. What kind of car is it and would getting a new set of rims be something you'd consider?

It's a Fiat 500 Abarth. Before i'd buy new rims i'd probably just bite the bullet and buy the Pilot sport a/s which is made in that size. They're apparently good tires from the reviews i've read, i've just generally gone with poo poo like all season versions of like Falken Azenzis or Hankook Ventuses for considerably cheaper.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

two tire related questions:

1. How bad are Nfera SU1's going to be in cold weather? I live in the US and not the southern hemisphere so I have a while before I need to worry about it but I just bought a car with what looks like a brand new set. My only experience with summer performance tires in the past were when i was a dumbass college student and put a set of summer PZero Neros on an old Saab 900 turbo. I didn't have any issues then but I may have been tempting fate and also didn't have to drive nearly as much as i do now.

2. The OEM tire size is 195/45/16 and selection is very limited. Are there any sizes I could safely switch to on the stock wheels that would give a better selection of all season performance oriented tires?

i ended up having to replace these a bit more than a year later. tires were tolerable in winter but not great obviously and the treadwear was poo poo. i ended up springing for a set of michelin pilot sport a/s 3s as they were the best rated all season tires i could find but it was difficult to locate a set and expensive for a small tire. out of curiosity, do any of you know how bad these tires i almost bought for half the price (75$ vs 150$) would've been? most places were out of stock or had less than four available and i was getting desperate.

Westlake SA-07 Sport

i checked a european tire site once and i was jealous of the selection they have for tires in that size compared to the us. a lot of the tires i'm used to buying from hankook or falken are available there but not here as everyone insists on driving huge vehicles.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 10, 2021