Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The truck is gonna need tires in the near future and I've never bought truck tires

2013 Ford F-150 STX 5.0 rwd, 265/60r18

We bought it in January and I drove it through the rest of winter with no issue, I only lost traction two times so I'm not afraid of rwd in snow. What's my best all season truck tire option? I will never take this thing offroad, it's currently my daily and we've towed a few things with it but nothing hardcore. I'd like to keep this under $1000 if that's a viable option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpeedFreek posted:

I just put a set of those Coopers on the work truck and was seriously considering them for my burban, they do all right on the dirt roads when they get all soupy but I haven't had the chance to try it in snow yet.

What's the best option in an all season for summer performance when you can't find a summer tire for a car?

I put all season Coopers on the Speed6 two years ago and they were actually fantastic in winter. Not anywhere near what I had with the blizzaks but they were imho better than the Khumos I replaced them with. And due to multiple rebates from Ebay and Discount Tire as well as getting free mounting at Costco and then selling the old tires, I ended up being into the new set for like $260 all in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My FiST came pre-lowered by the PO with a set of 17" Fifteen52 Tarmac so will running slightly smaller (16") wheels change the ride height tremendously? I already scrape on speed bumps. With my current situation (broke brained and technically homeless) I had originally planned on picking up a winter beater but a set of wheels and tires is far cheaper and easier to store. So I'm looking for a set of steelies or base model Fiesta wheels to throw some winter rubber on. Ride height will be addressed in the future should my brain heal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Decided that since i'm not too hot on the wheels on the car that they're going to winter wheel duty. So that just leaves which tires to get, the Blizzacks (had a set before, no real complaints aside for finding out one was two years older than the other three when it shredded itself one day) or the Sotozeros. Price is nearly the same on Tire Rack so that isn't a real deciding factor. What's the current thread favorite?

Edit: I can get the Sotozeros for $615 on ebay right now, a bit of a better price.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 1, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nitsuga posted:

TireRack has some favorable remarks for the Pirellis in their video here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/pirelli-winter-sottozero-3

Blizzaks are definitely classics, and it's hard to go wrong, but I don't think they're quite as clear a winner anymore. It might depend on just how much winter you get.

Excellent, thank you. There's a very high possibility that I'll be quitting my job in the near future so i won't need to drive daily but I don't want to be caught with my pants down.