Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

InitialDave posted:

Right, I'm a bit limited in tyre choice in 195/45R15, and it effectively boils down to the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3, the Continental ContiSportContact 2, or possibly the Uniroyal Rainsport.

I like Continentals, but CostCo have an offer on Goodyears that makes them a very good price, and they are the "correct" original fitment for the car.

Any reason not to get those? I've heard they're sometimes considered a little noisy, but can't imagine they're any worse than the Firestones on there now (they have plenty of tread, but I want to take the opportunity to change them). Tread life and fuel economy are effectively irrelevant to me, I just want premium dry/wet non-winter performance.

GSD3 and Contisport Contact 2 are almost 10 years old. I've ran both GSD3's were brilliant and I found the contis wore out quickly and weren't very good in the wet. Rainsport is meant to be great, but some people complain about soft sidewalls on em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

biglads posted:

I am shortly going to be getting 4 new 275 35 21s for my Audi A8. It's currently running on the OEM Dunlop SP Sportmaxx GT which aren't too expensive compared with the Michelin/Pirelli alternatives. However, I'm seeing the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3 at around 20% cheaper than the Dunlops. I've had Hankooks in the past which were fine, but does anyone have any experience with this specific type?

There is 0 point in asking this question here because most people here are americans so they don't have the same models of tyres over there. Probably better off looking at https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ for the brand you like.

Can you get Michelin PS4's in that size?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

InitialDave posted:

I've used Hankook winter tyres a couple of times and got on with them, plus Jon from Tyre Reviews rates their stuff, so if you're saving the best part of £400 a set by getting them, I can't imagine it's the worst choice.

This is gonna be stupid but I met Jon years ago when he owned an mr2 trackcar, then yesterday I watched one of the videos on Tyre Reviews and I was like man I recognise that guy from somewhere lol. I forgot that he built that site from the ground up.

I'm gonna also bitch that the AD08R has been discontinued, which was a perfect tyre that could cope well with being abused on track and also was ok on the road for what little I used it on the road anyways. It's replacement the AD08RS is apparently a much harder compound due to loving EU RULES i thought brexit was supposed to let us have what we wanted and we could get rid of all the people we didn't like and no terrorist attacks would happen again land of hope and glory etc

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
My 205/45/16 NS2-R rub a bit compared to whatever random hankook I had on there before which was exactly the same size