Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

15 days below freezing would probably be enough to persuade me not to run a summer tire

OP said central Texas. Depends on the part of central TX they're in, but at least in Austin, the overnight low gets below freezing for about that many nights all winter. It warms back up during the day; it's not continuous. Once you get deep into what's known as the Hill Country, winters can be a bit colder.

I've only lived in central TX since August (though I've spent a couple of winters in Hill Country), but this past "winter" seemed like fall in north TX. Which really doesn't get that much colder, but north TX (DFW) is prone to ice storms when they do get winter precip (DFW is prone to more interesting weather in general...).

Central TX actually has some hills, once you get west of Austin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU