Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Why did everyone start having those weird suns and moons w/ faces? It seems most prominent in the 90s but I sometimes see a sun with a face in a yard and I wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Manifisto

imo it's at least in part about mac tonight, altho cause and effect is never easy to trace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4_b5PHWg8

ty nesamdoom!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

real answer: why not?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

also, keep in mind that people did not fully realize that they were able to make individual decisions until 2004, so if everybody else was doing it, you kind of had to.

Goons Are Gifts

Back in the days, people had to find explanations to the myths of the world. A burning, hot ball of light in the sky, moving around? A cold, white small ball that even has various shapes?

People assumed it must be the gods that watch over them, judging from afar. People sacrificed living things to them, hoping that they never disappear. It's an intense topic that requires deep understanding of the basics of ancient religions, so let's start this science paper with a look on more advanced civilizations then:

The Aztecs believed that if they begin to massively murder everyone in and around their nation,

FutonForensic

best guess w/o any actual research is pop culture's adoption of new age symbolism while removing the spiritual component, leaving safe icons that don't really mean anything

put it in your Weed Aunt's grab-bag of dreamcatchers, wind chimes, drum circles and quartzes with nondescript healing properties

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
I think I've put a smiley face on every sun I've ever drawn.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

literally this big posted:

I think I've put a smiley face on every sun I've ever drawn.

Doing the Lord's work

treasure bear

i answer only to Sol Invictus the unconquered sun

the moon is also very good

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

take the moon

by sebmojo

treasure bear posted:

the moon is also very good
I think so

Robot Made of Meat

Having lived through the 90s, I can confidently state that nothing whatsoever had any particular significance other than the most mundane sort.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

iirc it was because there were gang wars from the late 80s to the early 2000s (prior to the reintroduction of abraded, sandblasted jeans in the mainstream culture) and one was called yung suns and the other gang was called the moonies

it was a bloody battle and turf was marked by the suns and moons in people's yards; sometimes people would get killed over things as small as having a yellow moon or a slightly unhappy sun. terrible; we should really crack down on suns n moons.

Plant MONSTER.

That would be bad if the earth had 2 evil cultist gangs that control everything, like who gets white meat/dark meat, whose turn it is to mill the corn, etc

The sun cult wishes to increase the sun and the moon cult wants to make the moon bigger, both are misguided and evil

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

mario 3 came out and the angry sun levels scarred many children; the elderly believed taht by mimicing this symbol they could keep the youth from their yards

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

hey, why was the NASA mission to the MOON named after the sun god apollo? makes you think

Plant MONSTER.

Yoko Ono once said "send a smell to the moon" but she meant a fart smell so as to say "gently caress you" to the moon

Plant MONSTER.

Plant MONSTER.

The late Alan Rickman

👻

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Moon > Sun

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

"Buzz" Aldrin farted all over that moon. Do not question me as I am a space expert.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

"Buzz" Aldrin farted all over that moon. Do not question me as I am a space expert.

Pffft he never landed on the moon, they were on the sun's balls

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

hamjobs posted:

Pffft he never landed on the moon, they were on the sun's balls

solar orbs!

Plant MONSTER.

Sun:
Con:-too hot
-absent during winter (too cold)
-cant populate it (too hot)

Pros:
-makes plants tummies feel nice and full
- water balloon-fight
-popsicles and other icey treats taste better and are more abundant when the sun is out

Pro+Con:
-is made of fire (that can be good or bad, depending on the type of predicament you are in)

-------------------
Moon:
Con's:
cold
-it's a little far away
-Makes wolves badder/eviler

Pro:
-made of cheese, which is where we get it from
-comes in different shapes including a handy hook shape which is nice to sit on (moon is more ergonomic than the sun)
-moonlight won't hurt the soft, pale flesh of average human being while still being effective in terms of luminescence

Make of this as you will.......

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you explosively decompress out of your butt does that count as a fart?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Sun:
Con:-too hot
-absent during winter (too cold)
-cant populate it (too hot)

Pros:
-makes plants tummies feel nice and full
- water balloon-fight
-popsicles and other icey treats taste better and are more abundant when the sun is out

Pro+Con:
-is made of fire (that can be good or bad, depending on the type of predicament you are in)

-------------------
Moon:
Con's:
cold
-it's a little far away
-Makes wolves badder/eviler

Pro:
-made of cheese, which is where we get it from
-comes in different shapes including a handy hook shape which is nice to sit on (moon is more ergonomic than the sun)
-moonlight won't hurt the soft, pale flesh of average human being while still being effective in terms of luminescence

Make of this as you will.......

:hmmyes: moon extremely good, sun bad

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Cubone posted:

The Final Fart

Stoner Sloth

Cubone posted:

buttfart dolphin incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Plant MONSTER.

Dolphin Drilling, now there's a minigame for Mario's party.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

The moooon: beautiful

The sun: even more beautiful

redm

it was only 20 years after the first moon landing so people were still way into space

nowadays, we manage to get a legitimate photograph of a celestial body so powerful that it absorbs all traces of light and everyone just photoshops it into memes to post on facebook

sig by Manifisto

Farecoal

There he go

redm posted:

it was only 20 years after the first moon landing so people were still way into space

nowadays, we manage to get a legitimate photograph of a celestial body so powerful that it absorbs all traces of light and everyone just photoshops it into memes to post on facebook

good imo

Stoner Sloth

moon
- people write poetry about it
- nice to look at
- you can, at great expense, send people there to faff about and fart up their spacesuits

sun
- gives light that lets wheed grow
- too intense for your weak rear end eyes to handle looking at
- will one day smoke the entire planet like a blunt

sorry moon lovers, sun is clearly best. :c00lbert:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

redm

i love the moon its true but yea the sun is the only reason we're here in the first place

sig by Manifisto

Plant MONSTER.

Ok wise guy

Who put the sun there if not the moon?

Stoner Sloth

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Ok wise guy

Who put the sun there if not the moon?

nice try but you can't fool me buddy, we all know you really believe that the sun shines out of uranus!

truth is that the sun has only been there since the early days of space flight - what do you think buzz aldrin was doing while armstrong was screwing up his only line??!

Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth posted:

nice try but you can't fool me buddy, we all know you really believe that the sun shines out of uranus!

truth is that the sun has only been there since the early days of space flight - what do you think buzz aldrin was doing while armstrong was screwing up his only line??!

Well the textbooks say he was cranking one out during Armstrong's big moment in the sun

But creating and placing the sun in its spot is also pretty plausible too

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

buddy if u think the sun is good wait until you hear about: you can grow weed inside even at night, the moon owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Secret tip: the stars win over both the moon and the sun