Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I've only caught up to the series last week. It didn't resonate with me as strongly as with others but it's still an amazing series. Kyo and Akito confrontation from a few episodes ago was great, so tense and painful. It's a shame there's not much of a discussion here, especially this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

a kitten posted:

I keep trying to get caught up, but for various personal reasons i'm mostly avoiding stories with certain themes right now. This particular story, probably because i really like it, just causes me to sob for pretty much the entire 22 minute runtime regardless of what's actually going on. Which, with well everything going on has caused me to slip further and further behind on it.

Looking forward to eventually catching up though.

Yeah, understandable. I've been fortunate enough not to have such hard experiences like the cast of froob, which means I can follow the show without anything triggering me but I also feel like it's kinda affecting my enjoyment of the show because I appreciate it intellectually but not emotionally, so to speak. And, well, froob's core are emotions. The only time I got teary was Arisa's backstory

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, the thread kind of died. It's a shame, since the season has been pretty good so far. I'd say Yunyun's School Adventures was the only episode so far I found genuinely boring, since it had a heavy focus on a character I had no reason to care about and gave us no real new info on Yuki, other than that I've greatly enjoyed everything, though I haven't watched the latest ep yet.

The latest episode was pretty good! Just a perfect mixture of funny, heartwarming and sad (and Shigure being a creep, I'm not sure where does that fit)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Oh, great, another fun and uplifting episode, just what I needed!

:qq:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I know, I'm just coping with feels with sarcasm.

Which now that I think about it is not something that any of the characters are doing. I've read somewhere that sarcasm is not as common in Japan as in the west. That's interesting.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
The deer was very cute. I recall vaguely that the deer is typical for this area but I wonder is it normal to feed them? There is one park in my city famous for squirrels and you can see DO NOT FEED THE SQUIRRELS signs all over the place.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Ah, alright, thanks! These signs are kinda cute, lol

I guess it's better to feed them with special crackers than random poo poo visitors might have on them

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I was just thinking 'somebody give Rin a hug, pls' and Tohru did not dissapoint :unsmith:

Akito's hatred of women is interesting. It's been somewhat alluded to earlier but I thought that he just specifically hates Tohru, or beat Kisa to punish Hiro. But now he went all out.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:same:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Wow, these kids are NOT good at acting.

Also I'm pretty sure that whoever was responsible for writing the script just gave up because of horrible casting and told everyone to improvise

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I didn't! And I was genuinely curious to see how they rewrote Cinderella to fit the cast. But the impression I got from the play was what I wrote in the post.

Although Cinderella and evil step-sister romance plot is def an intriguing concept.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Holy poo poo, you're right!

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time posted:

Anastasia reunites Cinderella with the Prince and picks up the wand to return to her normal self. She then attempts to return the seashell to the king who lets her keep it, asserting that she too deserves true love. Cinderella and Anastasia reconcile and together restore the Fairy Godmother; she offers to undo Lady Tremaine's change of events, but sees that Cinderella and the Prince are happy enough being married on that day and continuing on from there.

I don't think Cinderella was as stylish as Hanajima, though.
Um, spoilers for A Twist in Time, I guess.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Nope, nothing yet. They may announce something when 2nd season ends though

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Can't wait! I almost feel like reading ahead because of this goddamn cliffhanger

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

there wolf posted:

How dare you spoil the end of this 20 year old story!!

Joke's on you, it's not a spoiler from the end of the story :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1355082518232489992