Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
DISCORD LINK HERE

Green Ronin made a Song of Ice and Fire RPG like a decade ago, the official books can be bought HERE or :siren::siren: RIGHT NOW you can get them all for however much you wanna donate at Bundle of Holding RIGHT HERE. :siren::siren:
Or you can hop on the Discord and get the Quickstart guide, which is free. Ultimately you only need the main book to play.

FAQ style is easier:

- What is this?
This is going to be a game using the above mentioned books, set in Westeros, involving up to 3 Noble Houses which the players will create, and then intrigue and war and backstab their way to a resolution, all via a rolling PBP format using a Discord server with multiple channels and Multiple GMs to help run things.

- Whoa, multiple GMs?
Yes, the GMs will be myself, NutritiousSnack, and nephzinho, for now, though if we get more than 12 or so players we would totally be open to having extra help, so if you want to help GM, get in touch early.

- Okay, how will this work?
The campaign will take place before the books/TV show, by several hundred/thousand years, in fact. That's pre-Aegon Targaryen, during the time of there actually being Seven Kings with Seven Kingdoms. Definitely post Andal invasion, but the rest is vague and in the air intentionally so that we can essentially write our own story without too much detailed canon story baggage.

The system actually has a shitton of rules for creating, well, everything, right down to dice rolls for crap like your house emblem and your character backstories. If people want to go that route, they can, but that's a bit much. What we WILL be using, however, are the rules for House creation, with particular attention being paid to how you use your Influence and how many heirs and whatnot your house has. Once we have our player pool and everyone's in the Discord, the first order of business will be choosing what Region/Kingdom your Houses are in. This would be something like The North vs Dorne vs The Stormlands, etc. The next step would be for people to split up into their Houses and then work on building the Noble Houses themselves, which involves everything from picking your house sigil (if there's an artist, feel free to make one, otherwise there's a decent online one) to picking their Words, holdings, how big their army is, what resources their lands have, etc. This whole process is actually a little tedious and time consuming, but will ultimately be worth it as you will have a House that you guys made yourselves and built from the ground up, including historical crap that happened to your house in the past and whatnot.

Then we get down to the actual character building... you can divvy things up based on what roles are available based on what you put into your House on creation. For example, if you built a Sept, you can have a Septon (priest), or if you have a Maester, that would unlock rolling one as your character. The important thing would be that one of the players has to take over as the Lord of the household, and ideally you would have at least one heir.

- So we don't post with our character submissions?
Nope! Characters will be generated based on your Houses and history and stuff like that. If you and a few others definitely want to be in the same house, that's fine, we can sort that out later. The main thing right now is getting our player pool together so we can start doing all that generation stuff. That's not to say if you already have an idea of what you want to play you can't do that, just figure out a way to work it into your given House.

- Since it's Game of Thrones, won't there be lots of dying and murder and betrayal and character deaths?
There totally could be! This is part of why building the House is so important, as well as having heirs and whatnot. Your House can and will lose if you end up lordless without any heir to take on the family name and lead the House. At that point, whoever is left over in your House who can't hold the title will basically be a free agent... they need to figure out what to do with themselves to survive, be it avenging your fall against whoever took you out or just throwing in their lot with another House to survive.

By necessity, being okay with the prospect of your character possibly dying is an important quality we're looking for in our players. If you know you're one of those people that gets super attached to characters and won't take it well if, say, another player's character murders them in a trial by combat, then this game probably won't be for you because we'd rather not have people taking IC stuff super seriously OOCly.

- So what happens if my character dies?
If your character dies, you get to come back as another character in your House, be it a replacement heir, a random hedge knight under their banner, a new Meister, whatever. You could also choose to just sit it out and not reroll anything, but that could end up hurting your House in the grander scheme of things.

- If we don't have any more heirs, how would we get more? Would we be screwed?
To the first question, uh... I'd refer you to the E/N forum. :smug:
But in all seriousness, marriage, making new heirs and crap, yeah, that could come as part of the story. No we will not RP all the sexposition, despite this being Game of Thrones. That's just creepy.

- So we're doing Game of Thrones without all the adult theme stuff?
Literally in the chat and RP, yes. Narratively in the overall story? No, that stuff will still happen. That's not to say if some player is playing a Ramsay Bolton style character and he captures your character, we'll totally let him pull a Sansa or Reek on you, that's super hosed up. Ultimately the golden rule of this campaign is whatever is fun for EVERYONE involved, and regardless of the narrative movements of the story, it will remain decidedly PG-13 in how it's portrayed, at least for this sorta thing. If you're coming into this expecting to get your kink on, move along.

- So what will the actual narrative be?
There will be an overarching plot hook revealed through the course of the starting event of the campaign, namely a tournament being held by your King. From there where it goes is entirely up to the players. This kind of campaign necessarily rewards players who are proactive and will go and find plots and create scenarios for further narrative rather than players who are more used to, say, showing up and having the DM give them a scenario and ask them what they're gonna do. That latter style of play will probably really screw you in this sort of campaign, and while it's not totally out of the question if that's your style, we'd recommend rolling up some sort of follower or support character who isn't going to have to be making any actual decisions, because otherwise you will hold your House back and just piss off the other players in your House.

House lords and "upper management" as it were will have a lot of say in what the Houses do, incidentally. You will be making the decisions over what your House does, who you ally with, what battles to get involved in, etc. As always, be cool. Don't be a jerk and be a dick to people OOCly, and it'll all go great. the most important rule to the game is for everyone to have fun.

- Why Discord?
A lot of this game will revolve around players having sequestered conversations and meetings and whatnot, as well as people being split apart in various places having battles or who knows what. It's a lot of moving parts and as such, we need multiple channels (and conveniently, multiple GMs) to oversee it all and keep it flowing. The PBP format is simply because coordinating schedules for even 3-4 players is hard as hell, let alone 10+. So basically, it will be like a complex persistent MUD run within Discord. If people check in on, at minimum, a daily basis, it'll all flow smoothly and keep moving along.

We would suggest that people install the Discord app onto their phone/tablet of choice so you have easier access. The app is free, isn't a memory hog and won't drain your battery, and more importantly is actually really well made and works exceedingly well, so if you want to limit your posting exclusively to your morning dump you take at work to avoid your boss, go for it. Totally doable. The more you, as players, put into the game, the more we'll put into it and the more everyone will get out of it.

- I'm game, now what?
Get on the Discord (link above) and be sure to post here with your interest and more importantly, YOUR VOTE ON WHICH KINGDOM YOUY WOULD PREFER TO SET THE GAME IN. We're only going to count votes of people actually and which are actually posted in this thread. See the second post for more info on each Kingdom to help you decide.

- Resources -

Lore Wiki - https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page
House Banner Creator - http://www.jointherealm.com/sigil.html

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

MECHANICS NOTE: Because our campaign has nothing to do with post-Aegon's Conquest, all that stuff isn't relevant. House age still is, though, so the whole Established and newer ranks of age just mean more recent in terms of years, no specific events tied to them as of yet.

Going from North to South:

THE KINGDOM IN THE NORTH
Ruled by House Stark, the Winter Kings. Semi-responsible for guarding The Wall. Descendants of the First Men, still mostly follow the Old Gods and the Weirwood trees. Duty, Honor, that sorta stuff.

Benefits:
- Your House would be Ancient to Old, not any newer than that
- You would probably have a lot of Lands, but it's mostly crappy land
- Because the North is so spread out, you would have a lot more autonomy under your King than you would elsewhere
- Really only have two outside threats to worry about, but...

Drawbacks:
- Wildlings and motherfucking Giants north of the Wall
- Low population and not much farmland

THE KINGDOM OF THE MOUNTAINS AND VALE
Ruled by House Arryn, the Moon Kings. Mountainous, windswept land, not much fertile land to live on and territory is tightly controlled, but you're hard to invade. Mostly descendants of the Andals.

Benefits:
- Your House would be Very Old or newer
- The land is extremely defensible from outside threats

Drawbacks:
- The mountain clans are always a threat
- There is always the possibility of threats from across the Narrow Sea
- Your Lands are very hard to expand, basically you'd have to take down another House to grow

THE KINGDOM OF THE IRON ISLANDS
Ruled by House Hoare, the Iron Kings. Fertile and open land in the Riverlands but rocky crags in the Iron Islands, this runs the geographical gamut. Location matters to determine how fertile or defensible your land is. Mostly Andal. The Riverland people do not sit well under Ironborn rule.

Benefits:
- Your House could be any age
- Lot of variety to what your land could be like in terms of Defense and Fertility

Drawbacks:
- Threats on all sides
- Depending on your viewpoint, the threat of rebellion in the Riverlands is always a thing
- Lot of variety to what your land could be like in terms of Defense and Fertility

THE KINGDOM OF THE ROCK
Ruled by House Lannister, the Kings on the Rock. Mines, mines, mines. By far the richest region, you probably have a mine on your lands, probably have castle steel, and probably have piles of cash. Lannisters are dicks, though.

Benefits:
- Your House could be Very Old or newer
- Mines everywhere!
- Lots of money
- Limited threats and pretty defensible from outsiders

Drawbacks:
- You're sworn to House Lannister
- Everyone around you is lovely, just like them

THE KINGDOM OF THE STORMLANDS
Ruled by House Durrandon, the Storm Kings. lovely weather, semi-lovely lands, but some of the biggest cities and lots of influence. Lots of warriors, lots of trade options with Essos, including mercenaries. Andals. Easy access to the Iron Bank or... anything else in Braavos...

Benefits:
- More defensible from sea threats to the East than the other Kingdoms
- Do you like sheep?

Drawbacks:
- The weather sucks
- If you don't like sheep

THE KINGDOM OF THE REACH
Ruled by House Gardener, the Green Kings or Kings of Flowers (yes that's his real title, yes it's embarrassing). Super fertile land and lots and lots of population because of it. Population means big armies. Andal.

Benefits:
- Hope you like bread and rice, because it's time to carbo load
- Oldtown is there, so if you ever want creepy old dudes who wear chains, you're all set

Drawbacks:
- Harder to defend land when it's a big flat field
- Dorne is to the South, and they LOVE paella

THE KINGDOM OF DORNE
Ruled by House Martell, the Sun Kings. Deserts, perfect olive complexion, it never snows. Andal and Rhoynar. What fertile land there is is hotly contested, but the rest is so desolate it makes it pretty easy to defend... hard to travel, though.

Benefits:
- Your House could be Old or newer
- Bastards can be legitimate heirs, making succession a lot less of a problem and the death of your House a lot less likely

Drawbacks:
- Essos is directly east, across the Stepstones. There are slavers in Essos. Lots of them.
- Sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 22, 2019

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'm in. I'm gonna vote for that bigass grey chunk just because that gives us the most opportunities for expansion into another kingdom(s). I definitely have some Ideas™ for my character after reading the book, so if people wanna collaborate with me, come poke at me in Discord.

Edit: I am voting for Dorne because it's what all the cool people with great hair are voting for.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 22, 2019

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

I'm gonna vote for the kingdom of mountain and Vale; there's mountains and rivers for interesting geography choices, water for boatey shenanigans, angry rebel clans of hill folk! What's not to like?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm in as a PC. I'd suggest we could do things around where King's Landing will eventually be, since that could allow 4 different houses ample reason to be in the area.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
UNBOWED. UNBENT. UNBROKEN.

My vote is for Dorne.

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
This looks very very interesting. I'm in, and I'm voting for The Reach. It's rich and borders four other Kingdoms, offering ample opportunity for both inter-House conflict and foreign adventures. Belay that, I'm voting for the Riverlands. It's even more central, and it offers an interesting dynamic, being under Ironborn overlordship at this time.

Werewhale fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 22, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Certainly interested. I think the Kingdom of the Rock has promise. It's Dorne time, baby.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 22, 2019

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'm interested. Riverlands or the Kingdom of the rock could make some interesting play, and lets us diversify out to other kingdoms should the need for the story arise.

The Dorne arguements are compelling, I'll throw in with them

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 22, 2019

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Yeah, this seems cool. I'll vote for Dorne.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Voting for Dorne, specifically the Boneway and Dornish marches, which would involve the possibility of intrigue between three kingdoms and cultures, and the Dornish are by far the most intriguing setup I think for a variety of concepts.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Voting for the Reach or the Rock, but realizing we're going with Dorne.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I'd love a PC slot. Dorne sounds cool

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I would like to be a PC, and also a contrarian by voting for Rock.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gonna hold apps here for now, that's 12 people and we still only have the 3 GMs. If we get another GM before we kick things off, for sure we can take more.

CURRENT VOTES:
Dorne: 7
Iron Islands/Riverlands: 1
Stormlands: 1
Vale: 1
Westerlands: 2

So... it's looking like we're headed south...

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
i'm interested in playing if spots open up.

Reverse Arab
Feb 14, 2010
If there’s spots I’d be down, this looks dope

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Do you enjoy doing well (financially) while doing good (militarily)? If so, you might be right at home in...

House Mattock
"Strike the earth!"

We're an Ancient Stone house in Dornish country, known for our mountains and forests. For years, House Mattock has supplied Dorne with high-quality iron, steel, and lumber for fueling military might. If you swing a sword, sail a ship, or read a book in Dorne, there's a good chance our materials went into that! So why not help secure Dorne against pesky foreigners and join House Mattock today? You can never dig too deep!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Psst. Hey kid. Wanna learn some magic? Then maybe you should join

House Nimdarean
We Make Our Own Luck.

We're a recent house with a fairly young lord, known for (or at least claiming to have) an incredible number of sorcerers, witches, and other occult scholars. Depending on who you ask we're either brilliant miracle workers, destroyers of all that is sacred, or a house full of con artists. But whatever the method, we're going to leave our mark on the world! After all, who can stop us? We have magic!*

*Terms and conditions may apply. Effectiveness of magic may be partially or entirely based on your acting and chemistry skills.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 24, 2019

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Have you noticed that a lot of Dorne is rock and sand? Do you want to farm on rock and sand? Neither do we. So join

House Nysarane
Wave and Flame

We came over with Queen Nymeria. In fact, our founder was the captain of one of the ten thousand ships. We're tolerant. You'll find just as many temples to the Lord of Light as you will septs to the Seven. We're cosmopolitan...our docks may not be as big as Planky Town, but we're getting there, and we do a lot of business with Essos, and nobody's ever proven the allegations of slave trading. I want to point that out. Anyway, if you like boats, and fish, and making a fortune trading with the east, come to House Nysarane.

Edited to change the house name to Nysarane. Apparently people didn't like Sandraeon. Who knew?

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 23, 2019

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Sign me up for House Nysarane. I wanna live that boat life. Drink tequila sunrises on the deck and raid the Stormlands over summer break.

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 23, 2019

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

andrew smash posted:

i'm interested in playing if spots open up.

kordansk has asked me to post and reserve a potential spot for him also so consider this post my announcement of his interest

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Added the last 3 players as we got another GM for a total of 4 GMs and 15 players in 3 houses! :stonk:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Alrightie this is going well

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Is fifteen across three houses the limit?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Servetus posted:

Is fifteen across three houses the limit?

As of now, yeah. We haven't gotten to actual play yet to see if we bit off more than we can chew but if, when we get to that point, it's not bad to manage in this style with this many GMs, then we may consider adding more.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

LIEGE LORDS

Your three houses do not exist in a vacuum.

House Nysarane and House Nimdarean are both banners under their liegelord, HOUSE YRONWOOD.

House Mattock is a liege under HOUSE WYL.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DORNISH CURRENCY:

When you roll your Status test for your starting money, it will be in GOLDEN SUNS, the currency of the Kingdom of Dorne.

code:
  1 Golden Sun = 200 Silver Stars (ss)
1 Silver Stars = 50 Copper Pennies (cp)

Thus:

1 Golden Sun = 10,000 Copper Pennies
And then whatever you roll, give yourself 1 extra Golden Sun for the trouble of dealing with this nonsense conversion stuff.

If you're playing a MARRIED COUPLE, you can pool your rolls together and take the total, but no extra.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 26, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Lady Marei Cyrene, Lady of House Cyrene, Banner to House Nysarane
Status 4 (Reputation 2B)

Though the House is better known and associated with her predecessor, dubbed the Pirate Queen of the Dornish Seas, Marei has begun to remake it into her own image in the few years she's been in power. She's a fixture at tournaments and other courtly appearances, seeming to know intuitively the best places to see and be seen. Though some may be threatened by her ambition, it's hard to find those who'd mark her as an enemy. Her honeyed words and actions do seem to inspire trust and camaraderie. After all, isn't it better to have someone you can count on by your side?

Tricky fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 27, 2019

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://drawshield.net/index.html

Sigil maker.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lady Agraine Mattock, formerly Agraine Mertyns of Mistwood
Status 4 (Reputation 2B)

Called mockingly "Lady Grin" behind her back by many due to her disfigurement at the hand of Dornish raiders on the Cape of Wrath, a "Gulltown smile" that matches her fearsome reputation. When a peace was brokered between the Durrendons and Martells some years ago, House Mertyns and House Wyl engaged in an exchange of hostages to prevent further hostilities, including her older sister. In return came the daughter of Lord Wyl, Tymora, who Agraine became very close to and taught her to protect herself. Eventually, Agraine convinced the retainer of her father's guard to help train her in armor and swordplay, with little prospects for marriage ahead of her in her state. Unfortunately, one of the Marcher Lords kidnapped Tymora, causing a diplomatic incident. Agraine, an adolescent at the time, stole her father's armor and sword and rode out, and would have attempted it alone, but some of the house guards ended up following her, and they managed to route the brigands hired by the rival house and rescue the ward. Unfortunately, when House Wyl learned that Tymora had been kidnapped, they executed Agraine's older syster Engrid. Though Agraine thought she would return in triumph, it turned to hysterical tragedy as she had to be restrained while Tymora was taken to the block, and the very master of the guard that had trained Agraine cut off the hostage's head.

Hostilities resumed between the two houses, mostly over the sea, though the allied Dondarrions, who it is said was suspected for wanting to start the conflict, also made a heavy push in, and were able to force a peace on good terms for the Marcher Lord of the Stormlands. Part of this included concessions of land and money, much of which Wyl had to turn to their banner house, the Mattocks, which supplied them with the iron and stone that powered their war machine. As part of the deal, though some say it was a mocking one, the hand of Agraine Mertyns was offered to the heir of House Mattock. This suited her well: She had felt that Mistwood had become more prison than home. She set sail then for those lands, arriving first in Wyl where she returned some of the personal effects of Lady Tymora, and then off into the mountains of the Boneway, where the castle of the house that claimed to have, even before the Andal-descended Lannisters did, struck and mined iron before any others of the First Men.

Agraine did not take to marital life naturally, but she founds the traditions of the Dornish provided her with far more freedom than she ever had before. As well, the disposition of her new husband matched hers in some interesting ways. While he was by nature a man of numbers, she had a desire to build the power of the House to protect all of those that were dear to her. Ambitious and desiring to start a family that could counter the power of even the greater houses such as Yronwood or Connington, Lady Agraine has built a reputation as a leader of men, despite being a woman. The men of the mountains are a rowdy lot, but compared to their lord she better understands their own desires and need for security in their own lands. Under her guidance, she has reformed the levies and created a standing force of men-at-arms, not simply levies from the miners and sparing populations. She has even trained a personal guard of cavalry, the Ironbreakers, and proved her mettle on the battlefield against the Marcher Lords during their last reprisal down the Boneway.

However, the house lacks easy access to the sea, relying on their liege lords in House Wyl to provide their connection to the wider world. She would see that change, and looks now south to their neighboring banner houses: The Nimdaeren and the Nysarane. Both compete over the title of who controls the Bone Gate, but Lady Grin believes that House Mattock is better positioned to be the paramount House of the Boneway. Though aggressive, she is careful to not overstep over her husband, who she has a curious affection and protective nature towards despite their otherwise workmanlike relationship. They complement each other well, and she leaves the intrigue and wider vision of the House to him... but is always willing to push farther, more grasping, so that the House her children will inherit shall never be threatened by those who would do it harm.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 25, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Harpagus of Volantis

Not much is known about Harpagus. A mysterious man hailing from the former Valyrian post of Volantis, he suddenly appeared at the main keep of House Mattock over twenty years ago as a young man offering his services as a tradesman and diplomat, and eventually became one of the most trusted advisors within the house and their vassals. Always seen with nice clothes and with a hat covering his bald head, he's renowned for being a silver-tongued negotiatior who brought Mattock iron and steel to the rest of Westeros and beyond and returned with goods from the Seven Kingdoms and Essos.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Feltom Nysarane (Status 3)

The first born son and heir of Lord Nysarane, Feltom has long been a disappointment. He's from the martial prodigy and philosopher lordling his father hoped to raise - lanky, disorganized, and thoroughly dishonorable. Feltom's battlefield was never the dunes and cliffs of Dorne, but rather the streets and gambling houses of its cities.

From a young age, Feltom has been quick of mind and hand. Nary a week goes by that his ill-gotten goods don't find their ways in to the markets and back halls, and the money raised quickly flows back out. It becomes fine clothing, horses, or whatever else Feltom decides is en vogue that week. However, he never seems to get caught. Some suspect he's just That Good, others suspect he simply uses his father's name to avoid any unseemly confrontations. They're all correct.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Quentyn (Status 2)

A middle-aged low born retainer of house Mattock. Quentyn has spent the majority of his life making trouble on the border between the Dorne and the Stormlands.

WIP

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Lord Laenor Kynurenic, Lord of House Kynurenic, banner to House Nimdarean.
(Status 2)

A recently formed banner house is making an appearance at the tournament. Some low born soldier, granted lands by house Nimdarean.

Not much is known about him outside of house Nimdarean, except that he is loud, and based out of a small town on the Wyl.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 27, 2019

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010

Maester Quovis (Status 4, Stewardship 2B)

The Maester assigned to Castle Nysarane is an enigmatic figure. After his graduation from the Citadel, Quovis spent some time across the Narrow Sea in Essos as a traveling Master, searching for rare knowledge. Stories say that while he was there he studied along side the Alchemists in Volantis and advised the Sea Lord in Braavos, battled wits with the Warlocks of Qarth and rode across the Dothraki sea. After his return Quovis committed to the more mundane duties of advising Lord Steffon and instructing his heirs, but the exotic aura of foreign shores never quite left.

The Maester's Chain:
One black iron, for Ravenry
One bronze, for History
Three gold, for Accounting
Two iron, for Warcraft
Two lead, for Alchemy
One silver, for Medicine
One steel, for Construction
One valyrian steel, for the Higher Mysteries

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 28, 2019

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
”I heard he’s a shadowbinder from Asshai!”

”Pbbbt! You don’t even know what an Asshai is. No no no, he’s the old Lord Cyrus, risen from his grave to reclaim his birthright!”

”I think he’s the Lord’s secret three little brothers standing on top of one another.”

”Well, I heard he drained all the blood from himself and poured it in his eyes so he could see people’s souls! That’s why he’s so pale and his eyes glow red!”

”That’s stupid, if he has no blood how could he move around? No no no, he burned a septa in the Citadel and the Seven cursed him so that if the sun ever touches him, he’ll die!”

-----------------------------------------------

Symond (Status 2)

Rarely seen in direct sunlight, and even then only as a robed figure, face hidden by a veil, little is known about the recent addition to House Nimdarean’s retinue. Apparently, he prefers the night, when his milky-white skin and red eyes are safe from the sun’s blinding, burning rays, and he can freely stalk the halls of Castle Tabar as a pale ghost. He wears a maester’s robes and demonstrates a maester’s education, but wears no chain. How that came to be, and why a man of his affliction should end up in Dorne, is something he remains tight-lipped about.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lord Cyrus II Nimdarean
(Status 3, Reputation 1B)

Cyrus's lot in life was already preordained by his parentage, but being born under the light of a blood moon guaranteed it would be an interesting one. Rumors of his practicing "the dark arts" are as many as they are varied, and he does nothing to dissuade them; in fact it's fairly clear he enjoys cultivating the image of a great and terrible sorcerer, both in his actions and the company he keeps. His penchant for making an entrance and the exceptional certainty in his voice are traits some find endearing and others find unnerving, but what matters to him is that he's made an impression. He would like nothing more than to become the Witch King of Dorne, but for now his ambitions will have to settle for building on his father's accomplishments and acquiring pieces of mystical lore for his burgeoning library.

Reverse Arab
Feb 14, 2010

Ser Carter Hotelion
Status 3, Stewardship 1B

The third son of a minor banner to House Yronwood, Carter's meager upbringing turned meaner still with a turn of Fortune's wheel. Unable to offer him the benefits of a noble upbringing, Carter's father made the hard choice to apprentice him to an enterprising merchant at the age of 13. His master was cruel and made sure Ser Hotelion suffered for his noble past. Still, Carter reaped the benefits of an early education and rose to command a trading vessel, running routes off the Dornish coast. Unlisted cargo and days spent off course due to unexpected windows enabled Carter to put together a minor fortune. A scandal erupted when the merchant found out, which was quickly put to rest by a crossbow bolt in the chest and a knife in the gut, and Ser Hotelion found himself in command of a small merchant fleet. With an eye for opportunity, he quickly proposed a strategic alliance between himself and the heiress of the minor House Cyrene, finding himself again at home in nobility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Lord Steffon Nysarane
Status 4

The lord of House Nysarane, Steffon is ambitious to advance his house, either on the battlefield, in court, or in commerce. As he's getting older, more and more, he looks towards the future of his house, and is trying to teach his sons the art of leadership, but he despairs at his older son's scapegrace ways and hopes he can reform the boy before it's too late.