Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
tonight we say goodbye to a legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7ggZqbiU

here is tonight's card:

The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, etc.) vs. TBA

Finn Balor vs. TBA

please take this time to remember and share your favorite Dean Ambrose moments, memories, pictures, and fan art, as we bid a loving adieu to one of the greatest wrestlers, no, one of the greatest men history has ever known, the master of the Wacky Line, Dean Ambrose. whether he was impressing us with his technical wrestling ability, wowing us with his unforgettable promos, stunning us with his statuesque physique, or just bringing a smile to our faces simply by being The Lunatic Fringe we all know and love, Dean Ambrose has left a legacy that few wrestlers could ever hope to achieve. i posted this early so people would know it was happening, and to give you all some time to collect your thoughts and share some special Dean Ambrose moments before the grand finale begins.

thank you for posting in my thread. consider rating this thread a 5 if you're having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pm me your wwe network account details.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

pm me your wwe network account details.

i don't have a wwe network account, i'm sorry Cavauro. SamuraiFoochs has one though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found out this is happening in 1 hour and 30 minutes so i don't need anyones help. i thought it was starting now but this thread got posted early like my nxt takeover thread from the last takeover. go back and look at that thread if you want to and post in it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i thought this was happening at 8 but i had already written the thread and i'm tired so i might fall asleep by the time the show starts

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5doU7nNx2W4

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm gonna miss the titty master.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Dean Ambrose is a wrestler that I love the idea of. I always thought of him as the strongest character amongst the shield because he was a good promo and I felt he genuinely understood his character's mentality and for that he felt really unique. I can't tell you what Roman Reigns will do if you posited a hypothetical about him at me but if you asked me how Dean Ambrose would react in a given situation I genuinely felt like I could envision how he would handle it and that has always made me put him a notch above a ton of other wrestlers because he kept to his character basically all the time.

Unfortunately Dean Ambrose the actual wrestler had some terrible punches and also I'll never separate him from The Wacky Line.

Dean Ambrose is a land of contrasts but I'd rather see him stick around. If he does go it's his call tho and I hope he makes money and lives well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One of my favorite things in the early days was when The Shield made their first face turn, and it was never quite apparent if Dean knew they were good guys now or just thought they were beating the poo poo out of a lot more bad guys nowadays for some reason. It is why a lot of people thought the Shield break-up would come with Ambrose turning on the other two, which made his utter fury when it was Seth Rollins work all the better.

That segment where Seth turns on them and Dean for the first time in his life hesitates to attack a threat to himself which allows Seth to get a drop on him was so good. It also lead to this incredible post:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
god bless the shield and god belss america.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why are they airing this?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

nooneofconsequence posted:

because it's a work, brother.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now you can pm me your account details. and don't use it for a while

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So at some point there is going to be Dean Ambroses in your Dean Ambrose park? Yes?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

because it's a work, brother.

I've never been worked in my life.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i guess nobody had any Dean Ambrose memories they wanted to share except for a couple of people. interesting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because The Shield rules and so does Dean Ambrose.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thanks to Jerusalem for helping me out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To open this show, here is our number one Seth Rollins tribute act.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

my favorite dean ambrose memory is one time he got rolled up and mauro was screaming HE'S GOT A HANDFUL OF PANTS

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
in honor of dean ambrose, here's an untalented hack

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

i guess nobody had any Dean Ambrose memories they wanted to share except for a couple of people. interesting

Him cashing in MITB was a highlight of both my wrestling fandom and my posting career.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

in honor of dean ambrose, here's an untalented hack

Turn on your monitor

(First time I've gotten one of those)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Him cashing in MITB was a highlight of both my wrestling fandom and my posting career.

i honestly forgot he ever had mitb

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

i honestly forgot he ever had mitb

He only had it for like an hour.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was real loving good :hai:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i hope Finn sings Danny Boy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Way to miss the attack, Kevin Dunn

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
is there not a single person on the roster who knows how to sing (except for that pale ghoul adam english or whoever he was)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat I was hoping he'd fight the entire match with his leather jacket on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i always thought it would have been cool booking if one of the shield won MITB during their first run, when they were doing random runins/beatdowns and came off as actual scary threats. the idea of mitb being held by shield would have probably put a lot of fun and tense anticipation for the run.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

My favorite Ambrose moment was him coming back with a haircut and skinny jeans and people freaking out about his new look like the scraggly wet thinning longer hair was a good idea to begin with

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Finn's trunks are purple but his kneepads are blue, major faux pas

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I kinda hoped this entire show would be The Shield murdering everyone, a la that one SmackDown. :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

My favorite Ambrose moment was him coming back with a haircut and skinny jeans and people freaking out about his new look like the scraggly wet thinning longer hair was a good idea to begin with

Did anyone actually pine for the old look? Now is the best dude's ever looked on a variety of levels.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this is my favorite dean ambrose moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxK4b1mHXXI

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Did anyone actually pine for the old look? Now is the best dude's ever looked on a variety of levels.

I don't know that it was people pining for the old look so much as being weirded out by the new one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So was that a botch? Was that the same ref who got fined for the Becky/Ronda pin? :)

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Renee's jacket is as good as that pinfall botch was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If tonight's show doesn't end with Dean telling Renee,"We're getting takeout and doing it twice!" then all of modern civilization has been a waste of time.