Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Bhodi posted:

full spear for life, reach is king for me and i only want to have to push one button for people to die

catapult.

friendlies are just enemies who havent betrayed you yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Really excited about the bardiche buff today. It's pretty small overall, but the bardiche was always really close to being a good weapon and an extra 15cm of reach might be enough.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i always liked bardiche -- i thought it was damned good already. I'm pumped to see it get some extra range

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
The bardiche buff is great, but I'll give the patch a wide berth till the friendly hitstop change is reversed. The sweatlords complain that 1vX is much harder, which is true, but the main issue is that I'm tk-ing at 10x the rate I used to now that I can cleave through everyrone.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

That sounds amazing

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Did they let your make your dude black or middle eastern yet?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

School Nickname posted:

The bardiche buff is great, but I'll give the patch a wide berth till the friendly hitstop change is reversed. The sweatlords complain that 1vX is much harder, which is true, but the main issue is that I'm tk-ing at 10x the rate I used to now that I can cleave through everyrone.

Think of it as a buff to the Friendly perk. Not being able to goad unskilled opponents into eating their friend's maul swings for you is gonna suck though.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

You can hold out your shield?

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Jump kick rules

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
They added a gun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

parry this you loving casual

twoski
Sep 11, 2011

School Nickname posted:

If you're using a large cleave weapon you should have Friendly in your build no matter what. It's basically an essential now with the hitstop changes.

I personally dislike the changes because it makes 1vX more miserable than it already is, and it has made Friendly even more powerful than it already is. It's basically the best value perk in the game. For 1 point you get massive damage mitigation, plus reduced team damage, plus now you can abuse the reduced team damage to also cleave unsuspecting enemies through your friends. 2/2/1, Friendly, Zweihander is an insane build for frontline right now.

Also on another note i have been working on a custom map, check it out: https://mordhau.mod.io/quarry

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Played this last night for the first time in a while with a few friends who are all bad like me. Seems like the game has mellowed out a bit? Last time we played it seemed like every player was a Sword Saint and I just got massacred constantly unless I got a horse or catapult. Like the game was just thick with tryhards.

Was different last night though. Still has a couple God Spinners here and there but just a few. I managed to actually go 1:1 on my KD without use of horse/catapult, which I never would have done before. I don't know if the community has mellowed or if they just balanced some kind of poo poo that nerfed the tryhard play style, but it was nice to be able to just play without being poo poo on all the time despite not being a feint/parry god.

Still random, unprovoked racism in chat sometimes, but eh. What can you do.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Chomp8645 posted:

Still random, unprovoked racism in chat sometimes

sounds like you lucked out. you get all kinds of racist usernames as well and the devs will never do anything about it

twoski
Sep 11, 2011
Isn't there a built-in slur filter option, as well as the option to disable chat? I personally have no use for the text chat in the first place, it's not like you can really strategize with your team in a game like this. People do what they want to do.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

twoski posted:

Isn't there a built-in slur filter option, as well as the option to disable chat? I personally have no use for the text chat in the first place, it's not like you can really strategize with your team in a game like this. People do what they want to do.

you can motivational mute folks or just mute them

or do the proper thing and hide chat entirely

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Played this last night for the first time in a while with a few friends who are all bad like me. Seems like the game has mellowed out a bit? Last time we played it seemed like every player was a Sword Saint and I just got massacred constantly unless I got a horse or catapult. Like the game was just thick with tryhards.

Was different last night though. Still has a couple God Spinners here and there but just a few. I managed to actually go 1:1 on my KD without use of horse/catapult, which I never would have done before. I don't know if the community has mellowed or if they just balanced some kind of poo poo that nerfed the tryhard play style, but it was nice to be able to just play without being poo poo on all the time despite not being a feint/parry god.

Still random, unprovoked racism in chat sometimes, but eh. What can you do.

The Steam Winter Sale recently brought in a lot of new players so that's probably what you're seeing.

twoski
Sep 11, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

you can motivational mute folks or just mute them

or do the proper thing and hide chat entirely

There's really no reason to have text chat anyhow, you aren't missing out on a single thing by disabling it.

Also, one of the worst aspects of this patch was that constructions got buffed so now they're even more obnoxious. Not sure why they decided to do that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They're just doing poo poo at random without consulting their usual testers, is why. Every once in a while they'll hit (jump kicks do, indeed, rule), but most of the time we get awful stuff like the teammate hitstop removal and constructions becoming even better.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Have they done anything to their horde mode to make it better

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Are there customization options other than white male yet?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

Are there customization options other than white male yet?

no, because the devs probably agree with the worst parts of their playerbase it's really hard to program!!!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

to the history purists that blindly say "well you can't have a black knight because there weren't any black knights," you're forgetting completely that a) history is inherently revisionist, b) race is a social construct and medieval europe was filled with a variety of ethnicities, including north africans, c) it's a loving video game where people dress up like shrek, play pokemon music on the lute, and shoot each other with actually-in-the-loving-game pistols.

so yeah, lets have an inclusive skin tone slider and a male-female option plz

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Dungeon Ecology posted:

to the history purists that blindly say "well you can't have a black knight because there weren't any black knights," you're forgetting completely that a) history is inherently revisionist, b) race is a social construct and medieval europe was filled with a variety of ethnicities, including north africans, c) it's a loving video game where people dress up like shrek, play pokemon music on the lute, and shoot each other with actually-in-the-loving-game pistols.

release the saracen DLC and make the inferior European longswords shatter against the pure elegance of the scimitar

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

does the game have any new game modes?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

since when? the newest one is like an asymmetric siege mode that's primarily featured on the big new map (Feitoria) but I think at some point they went back and added it to all of the old maps too?

seems pretty dope

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

That does sound rad I may reinstall and try it

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

New game mode is called invasion and yea they went back and made invasion variants for all the old frontline maps except for mountain peak.

The invasion maps get mixed into the map pool for all the official frontline servers so you don't have to choose between frontline and invasion like you have to for horde/BR/duel.

Also, if you missed the invasion update, they added a duel game mode a while back if your interested in 1v1 with ranked matchmaking.

Fred Dawes
May 10, 2009

Speculation: Maybe the devs aren't adding darker skin tones because they don't want bad publicity? Can you imagine how the community would react to black cavemen fighting the KKK and Hitler clones?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the patron saint of the holy roman empire was a black dude

so yeah 100% agree

twoski
Sep 11, 2011

Dungeon Ecology posted:

There are female playermodels hidden in the game files, i think the devs are/were working on it but it didn't make it to launch. They take ages to do anything so maybe it's just still being worked on.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
They aren't doing poo poo

They can't even get basic votekicking, anti-griefing and chat muting and hardly see those as a problem, so why would you think they could/would implement models?

The game's not going to change at this point, so either it's fun for you or it's not.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why just an option, why not a male/female slider?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why just an option, why not a male/female slider?

:hmmyes:

JoJo to hyperbimbo and everything inbetween

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
To the person who thinks it's gotten easier, don't worry. The Sweat Saints will be back on the frontline servers to bloodlust their way to 80+ kills a game every time there's a Steam Sale or Free Weekend.

Bhodi posted:

They can't even get basic votekicking, anti-griefing and chat muting and hardly see those as a problem, so why would you think they could/would implement models?

The game's not going to change at this point, so either it's fun for you or it's not.

This, they can't even get autobalance in when chiv had it. Doesn't help that guys scream, "YOU CAN'T AUTOBALANCE A SKILL BASED GAME" whenever you bring it up, because joining a blatant teamstack with 5+ level 200 sweatlords is just the way the game is meant to be played.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 16, 2020

twoski
Sep 11, 2011

Bhodi posted:

Votekick has been in the game forever, it works fine. You could argue that its UI is kind of crap but it still works.

They added some anti-griefing so that players cant dump spikes in their spawn area, it works decently for the most part and if you do get a griefer on your team that finds some other way to piss everyone off you can just votekick them. In my experience griefers are a rarity, more often you just have people running around playing the lute.

Chat muting is also a thing that exists, as well as muting individuals and filtering cusses.

Do you even play this game? You seem wholly ignorant of these features which are quite obvious and easy to enable.

twoski fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 16, 2020

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
I'd like them to implement a better UI for votekicking, and by that i mean an actual UI for votekicking, like chivalry had, which displays all players' team damage and idle time BEFORE you elected to votekick someone. As it stands it's hard to tell sometimes between and idiot and an rear end in a top hat. Also, the auto-votekicking system could use some improvements. I guess 5 tks is enough in most circumstances to merit automatically kicking someone, but if I'm just on a tear and getting 60+ kills in a match, I don't think 5 idiot teammates running into my axe merits a 30 minute ban. I think if your team damage is below a certain threshold, it shouldn't matter if you happened to be the one who did the last bit of damage to a few teammates because you were unlucky.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Me on a catapult...

Start of match: aww yeah here we go boys! ARTILLERY SUPPORT IS DANGER CLOSE

Two team kills: damnit get outta the way, I'm shootin' here!

Four team kills: ok maybe I should be a little more conservative with these targets.

Six+ team kills: oh god I'm so sorry *only targets vague shapes in distance for rest of match*

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

yeah i play catapult until i score a shot that only kills teammates, then i step down from my high office in shame...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

School Nickname posted:

To the person who thinks it's gotten easier, don't worry. The Sweat Saints will be back on the frontline servers to bloodlust their way to 80+ kills a game every time there's a Steam Sale or Free Weekend.

This, they can't even get autobalance in when chiv had it. Doesn't help that guys scream, "YOU CAN'T AUTOBALANCE A SKILL BASED GAME" whenever you bring it up, because joining a blatant teamstack with 5+ level 200 sweatlords is just the way the game is meant to be played.

It was the lack of autobalance that drove me away. Every game you'd end up with one team getting some momentum, then everyone on the other team starts leaving, and then end was a foregone conclusion. I enjoyed the gameplay, if not the players, but I likely won't ever reinstall the game without some mechanism to balance players per team.