Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Vince McMahon will sell the WWE to Joe Rogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Forceholy posted:

Ben Askren will either retire or end up fighting in some org in Asia after he washes out of the UFC.Well, kind of.

Carlos Condit is retired and goes into politics in New Mexico. Still holding onto this one. He hasn't fought since 2018. Might retire quietly.

Colby Covington eventually becomes UFC Welterweight champion and poses with Trump on social media. It will be insufferable.
Thankfully, Kamaru Usman an put a stop to that. For now.

Demitrious Johnson comes back to the UFC as a Bantamweight, but age has caught up to him and he is a shell of what he once was.
I don't think this one is gonna happen. He seems pretty happy at One FC

Forceholy posted:

Hulk Hogan is still alive. Yep

Shinsuke Nakamura will already be back in NJPW at this point. I don't think this is gonna happen. I think he might retire in the WWE

Kenny Omega and the Bucks will be signed onto WWE after APW folds. Ha, Ha

Impact will die They're never die.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Out of the four, Roderick Strong will have the best run of the UE. He will get a brief IC run.

The rest will be banished to catering.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WWE SmackDown will no longer be on Fox, but still on Fridays competing with a second televised AEW program broadcast on the CW.

CyberFight's various promotions merge into two - one male, one female.

Baron Corbin is NWA World Heavyweight Champion (albeit under a different ring name).

WrestleMania XL will be headlined by Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns in some sort of gimmick match. It will be held at Allegiant Stadium. SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE A DEAL (the wheel will be not gimmicked)

Terry Funk will have his actual last match.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

i think the biggest shocker was wwe broke foochs. none of us could have predicted that one.

It's more like a combination of WWE sucking pretty bad, the fact that everyone here hates it so much (for generally valid reasons, mind), and the quarantine has begun to turn me into a shell of a human being means it's just not worth it to me to even post about WWE anymore.

I do drat sure skip through a lot more than I ever have before though. Probably the only good things on main roster WWE right now are Drew and everything involving Dominik, much to my legitimate shock.

I'd give half points on this one though.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

JOHN CENA posted:

lets do a 16 month check in! If you did death pool predictions you're DQ'd and im not counting your post. some of you were quite keen on the ball!

Sadly not!

Rumors of the XFL's Demise have been greatly exaggerated!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the surprising part to me is that the XFL was killed by a goddamn global pandemic before it was bad football. IMO the XFL was actually off to a pretty fun start.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

In keeping with every Wrestlemania of a multiple of 10 involving a short guy beating a big guy for a world title in the main event, I predict that Wrestlemania 40 will involve *checks notes* Dominik beating *spins wheel* Keith Lee for the WWE Championship

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

The God Emperor sits on his golden throne, not living yet not alive, 4,000 indy wrestlers are s̶a̶c̶r̶i̶f̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ signed a day to keep the kingdom alive as the God Emperor's final message echoes through his peoples minds for all eternity...

"Push... Roman... Dammit..."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the death of mlw and xfl are...premature.

anyone have any last second predictions for where the world of wrestling will be by April of 2024, 3 years from now? so far Peanut Pres is in the lead. again, no wrestler death predictions.

i'll leave the thread open for a little bit

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

All of The Elite will still be active wrestlers.

CM Punk will retire, Bryan Danielson will still be active.

Eddie Kingston will not win a championship in AEW

Nobody mindblowing will jump from AEW to WWE

NXT will not be on television anymore, at the very least not in it’s current time slot and channel

WWE will not sell, Vince will still be in charge to some degree.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

forkboy84 posted:

Death match wrestling will still be loving rad.

So far, so right.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AEW will pick up a 4th hour of tv time somewhere, and WarnerMedia will reup them well before the current deal expires and at a rate to where all other revenue streams are just gravy. AEW also doesn’t release anyone from their contract early for non-disciplinary reasons.

Also, lol at the prediction that WWE would be hitting sub .5 Nielsen ratings in 2024. Think that one’s on track.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

VINCE MCMAHON WILL DIE IN THE NEXT THREE MONTHS.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
NXT will become a reality competition show again before finally being cancelled.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Shinsuke Nakamura is going to re-join NJPW but as a member of the Bullet Club or House of Torture
Dynamite will never break 1 million Neilsen viewers once the switch to TBS happens
NXT UK will still somehow be alive, probably because they just pay the wrestlers with microwave burgers
Deadlock Pro shows will outsell Impact and the NWA, but the promotion will only last about 6 months
DarkstarIV will become a Toxic Attraction mark

and

Jeffrey of YOSPOS will sell SA to PRESIDENT KANE.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
shoot-style revivalism will lead to at least one knife crime.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
TJPW will be even better.
Chocopro USA will outdraw NWA.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

like MJF said on Dynamite, there will be a bidding war for his contract in 2024, to which he will likely accept Tony Khan's final offer and stay in AEW until 2029, if not later

meanwhile, the European wrestling scene remains disunited, not least because WWE isn't going to expand into Europe, and Tony Khan isn't going to set up a major pan-European promotion to unite the continent's largely untapped talent

(also, WALTER's still in the Fed, and at this point he's probably feuding with uhhhhhhhhh Omos)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jungle Boy will settle into being a main eventer.

Omega will have to retire. The Bucks will be retired already, both for physical reasons.

Disney will come knocking for WWE's IP.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

wwe will still be making money hand over fist, despite a still slowly dwindling viewership

vince will be alive

triple h will either quietly retire or try to pursue some outside venture

aew will be doing just fine

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

WWE

Brock Lesnar will not wrestle more than 4 matches in a year. He also will never enter the testing pool for UFC.

The Rock will not have an actual match.

John Cena will show up around major PPVs, works the house shows, but is showing up less and less. He stars in at least two theatrical movies.

Roman will not star in a movie with an in theater release. His current title reign ends no earlier than WM 38. He regains a WWE world title within the year.

Charlotte Flair will break her father's record for times champion.

The two sets of women's tag title are either merged or one set is made defunct.

At least one current champion is released. Most likely title is women's tag or 24/7 champ.

Ricochet will still be employed, but a loser. Cesaro will not win a world title.

AEW
At least 20 wrestlers based in the US take excursions to promotions in Japan or Mexico. At least five different promotions will be involved.

Kenny Omega returns no earlier than Double or Nothing 2022, and does not hold an AEW title for all of 2022. He does drop the AAA Mega title.

They will try another explosion match, it will still be a wet fart.

Dustin Rhodes loses a title vs career match as challenger for the world title. He bleeds in this match.

At least one world champion was not in the company as of DoN 2019.

Both Lulu Pencil and Mei Suruga will wrestle live in the US.

Bret or Martha presents the first Owen Cup.

NJPW

Gedo will eventually be replaced as booker. The new booker is currently within the company.

They go back to using the fourth generation belt design.

EVIL does not hold the heavyweight title again.

AEW sends over representatives for the all four round robin tournaments. Bryan Danielson in the G1, Lio Rush in BOSJ, Best Friends World Tag League, Top Flight in the Junior Tag League.

A Young Lion spends at least part of their life excursion in AEW.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
John Cena gets his 18th title win.

An ownership group featuring Steve Ballmer buys WWE. Triple H leaves. Ballmer talks Chris Jericho into returning and he ends up champion for a long time. They also enters a formal partnership with NJPW. It all sounds on paper like it's going to be cool but ends up being disappointing.

Paramount buys ROH.

AEW does well on TBS but their programing gets canceled anyway because an AT&T exec thinks Axethrowing is the next big thing. They end up going to Paramount and they try to do five days of wrestling a week, it does well.

COVID never stops which stops the indies from growing because the pattern of audiences coming out for 'big' shows but staying home when it comes to smaller stuff continues.

Before the NWJP-WWE partnership, Triple H wins a G1 and him and John Cena have a five star match in the Tokyo Dome for the IWGP Heavyweight title.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 21, 2021

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
The Bucks will retire from being in-ring performers, but will still make and appear in Being The Elite every week.

Moxley becomes the first two-time AEW champ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

Something extremely funny will happen with Tony Khan

Gotta admit him killing off NXT and HHH was extremely funny, giving this bonus points too because it didn't even need the full five years to happen

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hmm

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

The Bucks will retire from being in-ring performers,

Chris James 2 posted:

Gotta admit him killing off NXT and HHH was extremely funny, giving this bonus points too because it didn't even need the full five years to happen

lmfao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hefty Leftist posted:

Vince McMahon will sell the WWE to Joe Rogan

winner.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Maigius posted:

Dustin Rhodes loses a title vs career match as challenger for the world title. He bleeds in this match.

now a very real possibility

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

brian posted:

Sanada will be making his slow way to Makabe status after a disappointing run with the top belt

I think by the end of 2024 this will be true. Well, except without Makabe's mainstream variety show appearances & fame

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

WWE SmackDown will no longer be on Fox

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I was three months off from Reigns/Orton being a reality for Mania 40. THAT’S impressive.