Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

OldTennisCourt posted:

It would rule so loving hard if over time the skits become creepier and more disturbing. Just keep feeding in little hosed up things in the background over time. It's already there with the weird puppets but this has the chance to be an awesome weird kids show thing in the vein of Don't Hug Me or Too Many Cooks.

Yeah, I think that's where they have to go with this. Eventually have him descend further into madness with random disturbing shouting and violence before just as quickly reverting back to the smiley TV host we saw last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Same, its gonna be sad as hell watching Xavier play badly by himself rather than letting other wrestlers show how cool and fun they can be without the ball and chain of WWE scripts

I get that Xavier is upset that he lost so many of his UUDD regulars but like...can't he just recruit a bunch of new ones from the Raw guys that came over to Smackdown?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

No Irish Need Imply posted:

There's no reason why Lynch/Fox got two segments and Cesaro/Alexander got one. No reason to make Alexander lose in his debut in a one segment match, either.

I feel like every match on Raw should only be one segment, except for the main event and stuff like that opening triple threat (which I wll say, went on too long when you consider the opening 30 minute promo w/ commercials). Like... when it's a match that's just to get somebody over with a win and no storyline, I don't need to see it go multiple segments. If Cesaro and Alexander are not feuding, having a quick match is fine. Lynch/Fox doesn't need to go two segments. Nothing needs two segments unless it is trying to tell an ongoing story.

I want the whole show to move quickly and not be dragged down by multiple segments to see an obvious win.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth vs AJ is gonna be good as hell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vandar posted:

I get that Xavier is upset that he lost so many of his UUDD regulars but like...can't he just recruit a bunch of new ones from the Raw guys that came over to Smackdown?

He absolutely will but getting upset about it means he can promote the channel :ssh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AyrshireColl/status/1120662334681374720

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

No reason to make Alexander lose in his debut in a one segment match, either. There's no many people you could feed to both Cesaro and Alexander. You should probably make Cesaro lose anyway since he's been a tag wrestler for YEARS now.

Cesaro and Cedric go on to tie a best-of-seven series and reluctantly tag as the C&C Wrestle Factory. Or does Cedric not have a first name anymore?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Bray Wyatt will be one of the best or worst gimmicks of all time. There's no in between.

He's also apparently in pretty incredible shape compared to his last run as well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm the canister of chaw in his pocket.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bray held up the "HURT" glove to his ear and listened to it before he busted out the chainsaw...:stare:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Thinking back on Last Night's Raw, I have to laugh at two triple threat matches to determine potential contenders and have the winners of the triple threats fight to be the number one contender. It was just so convoluted to get to Seth vs AJ.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

But it gave you two Baron Corbin matches.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

bryatt problem wasnt the gimmick or the ring work. the problem was that he lost all the time and looked like a loving idiot

Yeah I agree with this, Bray's promos and gimmick started off strong and his mannerisms in the ring sold it well. Being a big creepy guy with a surprisingly fast and hard hitting style was good enough for in-ring too. There was some goofy poo poo (his loving crab walk) but that's allowed in wrestling.

It was his booking that sucked all the life out of his character - losing frequently, winning via dumb poo poo like exploding monitors or children singing songs, and then continuing with the same long-winded promos. Calling yourself the new face of fear and flavoring all your promos with supernatural cultist language is fine if you win a lot or successfully brainwash people or do something. Eventually we all got sick of creepy swamp man's rambly promos about poo poo that doesn't matter and won't be built on. That's not because his delivery was bad or his wrestling was bad (at least IMO). It's just not a gimmick that works without a strong push.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

nooneofconsequence posted:

But it gave you two Baron Corbin matches.

And we can never give them back :negative:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yeah, I think that's where they have to go with this. Eventually have him descend further into madness with random disturbing shouting and violence before just as quickly reverting back to the smiley TV host we saw last night.

Exactly. As much as I will always love OG Bray Wyatt since he brought me back into wrestling after leaving in 2001 when he lost the family and kept getting buried there was no recovery there. The idea of this TV host slowly reverting back to madness and at the same time trying to keep up this happy routine would be outstanding.

The big question is this though: How do you translate into the ring? He's in awesome shape now so there's that and the man can and will always be able to cut one hell of a promo, but this new character shift is going to be weird in the ring.

Hell, the biggest thing to me is what is his music going to be? It can't be his old music anymore, but I'd LOVE if they used the up temp Sesame Street style theme.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Even in the midst of that godawful Balor feud, Brat was giving some good promos it was just loving impossible to care.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bakingjason/status/1120551961928060928

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If WWE got the team behind Don't Hug Me to work on this it would quickly become my number 1 reason to watch WWE. :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

If WWE got the team behind Don't Hug Me to work on this it would quickly become my number 1 reason to watch WWE. :allears:
they're really good and all but they're not exactly prolific enough to fart out a new skit every week

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Bray held up the "HURT" glove to his ear and listened to it before he busted out the chainsaw...:stare:

Looking forward to seeing that a million times per match

Didn't really watch much of RAW last night, without Roman it just doesn't interest me :shrug:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

new Bray character has incredible potential but they really need to lean into it or it will fizzle into nothing. I'm full out hoping his first match is just some brutal Waylon Mercy poo poo and they actually let him bleed or something while laughing hysterically, just anything to sell him as truly batshit. And if not that then go with putting people on the show as guests and maybe building up some bizarre RTC-esque clan that is a legit threat. I want the puppet pals to beat the poo poo out of Seth Rollins as Bray voices a dumb turkey telling him "look what you made me do" right before they crush his foot in a chair

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

Depends on how he contrasts it with the HEAL glove

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The first time an opponent rips Bray's hurt glove off and he becomes helpless to fight back is going to be good. The next dozen times it happens will be stale very quickly

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Aphrodite posted:

Throwing someone into the turnbuckles face first isn’t really considered clean.

Am I missing something here? It was clearly a clean loss. :confused:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Intruder posted:

The chainsawing? Yeah me too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incessant Excess posted:

Am I missing something here? It was clearly a clean loss. :confused:

lmao I missed that

that's certainly A Take

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Why did Becky Lynch take so long to beat Alicia Fox? I thought she was the man and she can barely beat a drunken jobber. Starting to think she sucks and Charlotte was robbed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah Bray never make me feel comfortable

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Tato posted:

Why did Becky Lynch take so long to beat Alicia Fox? I thought she was the man and she can barely beat a drunken jobber. Starting to think she sucks and Charlotte was robbed.

To allow Lacey enough time to sneak through the arena in those shoes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Have an episode of Firefly Funhouse like that episode of Batman TAS where Joker has a bunch of people tied to chairs struggling to get out while he just hosts the show and has a great time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drew is cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Intruder posted:

Have an episode of Firefly Funhouse like that episode of Batman TAS where Joker has a bunch of people tied to chairs struggling to get out while he just hosts the show and has a great time

Do that Batman Beyond return of Joker poo poo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

OldTennisCourt posted:

Exactly. As much as I will always love OG Bray Wyatt since he brought me back into wrestling after leaving in 2001 when he lost the family and kept getting buried there was no recovery there. The idea of this TV host slowly reverting back to madness and at the same time trying to keep up this happy routine would be outstanding.

The big question is this though: How do you translate into the ring? He's in awesome shape now so there's that and the man can and will always be able to cut one hell of a promo, but this new character shift is going to be weird in the ring.

Hell, the biggest thing to me is what is his music going to be? It can't be his old music anymore, but I'd LOVE if they used the up temp Sesame Street style theme.

It's been long enough where you can steal a bit from Waylon Mercy. Have Bray come out to kid's show music and the whole getup, and once the match starts and he's hit for the first time he goes absolutely loving psycho and DESTROYS his opponent, then as soon as the match is over, revert back to friendly kids show host like nothing happened.

In one of his in-ring appearances before his first match (if they go that route) he should do like Mickey James did that one time and have a huge, gift-wrapped box with someone tied up inside, likely a lower-card face. Then he tells the audience how the tied-up guy is a "very bad man" or whatever and beat the poo poo out of him to a disturbing degree.

They have to walk a very fine line with this character, though. This could either be one of the best things we've seen in a decade, or Gobbeldy Gooker levels of terrible.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 23, 2019

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They'll do that except he'll lose, or at best get 50/50 booking

Then they'll have a conga line segment with No Way Jose where Mercy is at the head of the line, so technically they're following the buzzards

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Draxion posted:

The chainsawing? Yeah me too

psssst hey bray take kenny's chainsaw forearm, he barely does it anymore anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P_iZu4LBMY

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/bakingjason/status/1120551961928060928
Neat didn't realize that the puppet came from Tom Savini's studio

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Give me Bray Wyatt with Roman Reigns' booking and I'll show you a loving star that Reigns could never grasp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alan_Shore posted:

Give me Bray Wyatt with Roman Reigns' booking and I'll show you a loving star that Reigns could never grasp

I don't think anybody could be a star with the Roman's booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cena was a star

(I guess it's all the same "get my rear end kicked the whole match then come back out of nowhere" booking minus the fact that Cena actually won the big matches)