Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The brilliant thing about the new Wyatt repackaging is I can very easily see how they can slow drip in the best parts of his old persona while still taking it in a fresh direction. Wyatt was ruined when they basically had him wheel through the same poo poo constantly while having him get beaten. This is a shockingly smart move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It would rule so loving hard if over time the skits become creepier and more disturbing. Just keep feeding in little hosed up things in the background over time. It's already there with the weird puppets but this has the chance to be an awesome weird kids show thing in the vein of Don't Hug Me or Too Many Cooks.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yeah, I think that's where they have to go with this. Eventually have him descend further into madness with random disturbing shouting and violence before just as quickly reverting back to the smiley TV host we saw last night.

Exactly. As much as I will always love OG Bray Wyatt since he brought me back into wrestling after leaving in 2001 when he lost the family and kept getting buried there was no recovery there. The idea of this TV host slowly reverting back to madness and at the same time trying to keep up this happy routine would be outstanding.

The big question is this though: How do you translate into the ring? He's in awesome shape now so there's that and the man can and will always be able to cut one hell of a promo, but this new character shift is going to be weird in the ring.

Hell, the biggest thing to me is what is his music going to be? It can't be his old music anymore, but I'd LOVE if they used the up temp Sesame Street style theme.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If WWE got the team behind Don't Hug Me to work on this it would quickly become my number 1 reason to watch WWE. :allears:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Wyatt, with the correct booking, could be one of the great monster-heels.

Comparing Wyatt to Undertaker is one of the biggest mistakes WWE ever did with him and that was the other big part of why he flopped aside from being booked badly. Stop trying to put that huge expectation on him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Roman's push is much more reminiscent of Lex Lugar than Cena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I still say Roman should have turned heel in a Batista/Kurt way where he flips on the crowd for booing him since he was supposed to be their hero and the face of the company and have him destroy all the fan favorites in a way where he's actively attacking the crowd. Then have him lose to Kofi or someone.