Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Firefly Funhouse owns and now I'm sort-of interested in RAW which hasn't happened for a long time.

I'm curious though, with Dean Ambrose gone, who will lose to Friendly Bray Wyatt due to buzzard puppet interference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

bryatt problem wasnt the gimmick or the ring work. the problem was that he lost all the time and looked like a loving idiot

Yeah I agree with this, Bray's promos and gimmick started off strong and his mannerisms in the ring sold it well. Being a big creepy guy with a surprisingly fast and hard hitting style was good enough for in-ring too. There was some goofy poo poo (his loving crab walk) but that's allowed in wrestling.

It was his booking that sucked all the life out of his character - losing frequently, winning via dumb poo poo like exploding monitors or children singing songs, and then continuing with the same long-winded promos. Calling yourself the new face of fear and flavoring all your promos with supernatural cultist language is fine if you win a lot or successfully brainwash people or do something. Eventually we all got sick of creepy swamp man's rambly promos about poo poo that doesn't matter and won't be built on. That's not because his delivery was bad or his wrestling was bad (at least IMO). It's just not a gimmick that works without a strong push.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Free Luke Harper, or, if you cannot because you love him too much, Push Luke Harper

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol harper is never being seen on live tv again absent jobbing on main event

I gave two options, this was not one of them! <:mad:>

Does "Wrestlemania payday" actually exist anymore? I thought they said they were going to figure out how to do PPV bonuses after the Network launched, and then lol nah get hosed. Was WM the exception?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

"I THOUGHT KEVIN WAS MY FRIEND"
"I know buddy, I know."

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think some people ON THIS VERY FORUM had WWE Stock. I remember them saying the dividend alone was pretty good.

I wonder if they're still investing :thunk:

edit: holy poo poo did thunk double in size or something ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I only know Lio Rush as Lashley's hype guy, is he actually good as a wrestler