Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

any fans of the Xeno Expanded Universe in here? before a couple weeks ago I had only ever finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which I really like, but never checked out their older games. been playing through Xenogears and its friggin sweet...nonstop mecha melodrama with a snappy combat system with beautiful sprite art. I just got to the Infamous Disc 2, and it seems loving rough but Ill finish it bc theres probably not much more left to do other than read 5 hours of weirdly poorly written monologues about Dreams and Memories. picking up copies of the Xenosaga Trilogy to keep this gravy train rolling, and who could forget the incredible music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxynM-xwLUs

theres lots i want to link from XBC2 too but ill keep it to this Winter track thats out of season,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkb3LWv0bY

cant wait to see what Monolith Soft does next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i liked xenogears back in the day but don't think i ever finished it. love xenoblade 2. might play 1 at some point via the janky looking 3ds version

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Xenosaga is the worst series of games ever made including crap from compile heart and nis.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Xenosaga is the worst series of games ever made including crap from compile heart and nis.

Sounds hype.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i know this is decades old news but Xenogears Disc 2 is some crazy poo poo.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A lot of the cut content looked pretty cool, I think there's a fan translation of Perfect Works now if you want to check it out.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I've had Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for a while now but only just scratched the surface, didn't even finish the intro. I've been on a JRPG binge and should really get back to it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

xenosaga is torture, you'll love it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

There are cutscene compilations for the xenosaga games if you want to get the experience in condensed form and only have 21 hours to spare.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played like 300 hours of Xenoblade Chronicles, maxed all bonds and used gamefaqs to find and complete every possible side quest then defeated the postgame dragon bosses for fun. Never again.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://xenosaga.fandom.com/wiki/Apostles pretty helpful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this bullshit agian. you all need exorcising along with Tales Of and the atelier series fans

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I enjoyed them back in the day. I never finished Xenosaga 2. The 20 minute long cutscenes were too much for me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

this bullshit agian. you all need exorcising along with Tales Of and the atelier series fans

i salute them all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey at least it's not Star Ocean or .hack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750365&userid=165473

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk

:black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101: :black101:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when it got to the robots i basically lost my mind

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

when it got to the robots i basically lost my mind

the genuine enthusiasm at the start just kills me knowing where your posts are going to go

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://m.imgur.com/a/f5xKl

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rereading his posts i had no idea the game had any online multiplayer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

apparently it's still active, looking forward to playing Chronicles X eventually

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bullying bob into carrying me through the game that ruined his life

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

elf help book posted:

it was hidden away in a building and you could only do a handful of set quests, it also took ages to start a game with a friend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i want a whole JRPG like disc 2 of xenogears , this is awesome

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

xenogears owns because it could only be made during the ps1 era where games started to get super long but didn't cost hundreds of millions to make and even then they couldn't finish it.

I was excited for xenosaga but the second game might have the slowest random combat of any rpg ever and it killed my interest.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

also in the early 2000's, people talked about translated perfect works excerpts like they were the dead sea scrolls.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

all those series are good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

all those series are good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
We should all strive to be more like the Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse moderator on the Something Awful forums.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo