Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Here's a Mad cover by the recently deceased Mort Drucker:

R.I.P.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

This band looks rad:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Drugs can easily be disguised as drugs" is a delightful sentence.

Also, from a few pages back:

This is a completely practical idea, but for some reason the van-hearse "The Laird" is cracking me up. VANNIN' UNTIL I DIE, AND THEN BRIEFLY THEREAFTER

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
VAN LIFE, VAN DEATH

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

"Drugs can easily be disguised as drugs" is a delightful sentence.

I'm the person hiding 40,000 hits of acid in my platform shoes.

Antivehicular posted:

Also, from a few pages back:

This is a completely practical idea, but for some reason the van-hearse "The Laird" is cracking me up. VANNIN' UNTIL I DIE, AND THEN BRIEFLY THEREAFTER

"The Laird" is pretty loving hilarious. I had to look that word up because I couldn't remember what it meant (other than being one of my old roommates' middle-name, and the last name of one of the TMNT creators):

Bury me in my custom van, m'laird!

Scratch Monkey posted:

VAN LIFE, VAN DEATH

If I had the money, and actually cared what happens to my husk when I die, I would ask to be buried in a custom van emblazoned with airbrushed Frank-Frazetta-style murals of me in a fur loincloth fighting various wizards and dragons atop of craggy mountain top. That would be classy.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

My hair looks very much like Bo Duke's right now since I haven't had it cut since December or January. It's pretty rad.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gutter Phoenix posted:

My hair looks very much like Bo Duke's right now since I haven't had it cut since December or January. It's pretty rad.

I'm genuinely expecting a comeback of long hair on men as a result of quarantine. I went from hating my shaggy-rear end hair a month ago to really enjoying looking like a 70s sleazeball at the moment. I'd imagine many are in the same boat.

Also, loving the smut mags—I'm always fascinated by the sexual attitudes of yesteryear, and occasionally trawl through eBay listings myself out of curiosity. The weed ones are neat too, I just love shining a light on the wrinkles of past society that popular history tends to smooth over.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 15, 2020

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix posted:

If I had the money, and actually cared what happens to my husk when I die, I would ask to be buried in a custom van emblazoned with airbrushed Frank-Frazetta-style murals of me in a fur loincloth fighting various wizards and dragons atop of craggy mountain top. That would be classy.

I'm thinking something like this, but more fantastical and far less tasteful:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

I'm genuinely expecting a comeback of long hair on men as a result of quarantine. I went from hating my shaggy-rear end hair a month ago to really enjoying looking like a 70s sleazeball at the moment. I'd imagine many are in the same boat.

Back in the mid-90's when I was in high school I had long hair just because I hated having to have someone cut my hair (still do). This is the longest mine has been since I cut it all off at age 19, and I'm kind of enjoying it. It looks lovely, but I don't give a gently caress.

feedmyleg posted:

Also, loving the smut mags—I'm always fascinated by the sexual attitudes of yesteryear, and occasionally trawl through eBay listings myself out of curiosity. The weed ones are neat too, I just love shining a light on the wrinkles of past society that popular history tends to smooth over.

Yeah, these past few months posting gentleman's magazines/ smut in this thread has been the closest look I've ever had at all this old sleaze, and it has been fascinating to me. It's crazy how quickly cultural attitudes changed between the late 50's to the early 70's. We're in another one of those quickly changing culture-war periods right now, so it's been interesting to look at the parallels.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I saw an episode of Wonder Woman recently and realized why I had such a massive crush on Lynda Carter when I was a kid.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy posted:

I saw an episode of Wonder Woman recently and realized why I had such a massive crush on Lynda Carter when I was a kid.

These five fictional women captured my young heart:

Linda Carter as Wonder Woman

Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia

Jan Smithers as Bailey Quarters

Kate Jackson as Sabrina Duncan

Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke

I also loved Markie Post and Marsha Warfield on Night Court, but that was in more of a friendzone way.

Anyone reading this thread, feel free to post yours!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I saw this amazing picture of James Brown in the LOL at Trump thread:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8j3bSJObw

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

These unauthorized James Brown cookies existed briefly during the 90's:

I remember my bandmate getting a package of them from the drummer of the Groovie Ghoulies when we played a show with them at Berkeley Square circa 1996.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bVBUJfnsyU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gutter Phoenix posted:

These five fictional women captured my young heart:

Linda Carter as Wonder Woman

Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia

Jan Smithers as Bailey Quarters

Kate Jackson as Sabrina Duncan

Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke

I also loved Markie Post and Marsha Warfield on Night Court, but that was in more of a friendzone way.

Anyone reading this thread, feel free to post yours!

Ok but I’m going to have to think about it because we had extremely similar kid crushes, including Sabrina.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, a bit out of era but my oldest of oldschool crushes was Elizabeth Montgomery :stwoon:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
You guys are missing the queen of 80s nerdy kid crushes

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

You guys are missing the queen of 80s nerdy kid crushes

I thought this was the queen of 80's nerdy kid crushes:

Here she is seducing Ozzy back in the day:

Fun Fact: Dr. Ruth was a sniper in the Israeli army!!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I don't know why my lovely work scanner fails to capture neon colors, but it brings me deep shame.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Missed opportunity to call it "Vandrocles." I am disappointed.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013