Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Natural 20 posted:

Why do Long Twintails cost 20 million Meseta and how on earth do I get that much.

the economy started to collapse when they added Ultra Hard difficulty to Cradle of Darkness, and making that drop 13 star units and 14 star weapons like a goddamned flood. You can turn a 13* weapon into like 3 ex-cubes, and 14* weapons/13* units into five, and then you can turn those ex-cubes into like 30 grinders per cube, and each grinder is like 400 meseta each, and that basically pushed the market past it's brink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

NextTime000 posted:

the economy started to collapse when they added Ultra Hard difficulty to Cradle of Darkness, and making that drop 13 star units and 14 star weapons like a goddamned flood. You can turn a 13* weapon into like 3 ex-cubes, and 14* weapons/13* units into five, and then you can turn those ex-cubes into like 30 grinders per cube, and each grinder is like 400 meseta each, and that basically pushed the market past it's brink.

ha I didn't know thus trick

I've made a gazillion meseta just selling reward emotes from events I didn't want

e. and I made a bunch clearing out hoarded gear for like 100 meseta less than the cheapest guy's price lol

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLfKwnzfNz8

Wasn't expecting this in my feed today but alright.

e: I thought they were gonna play an early release of the game, or at least have them mess with the character creator. Booooring.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 2, 2021

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Ardeem posted:

Are you going to be online tonight? I can pull one of these out of my shop.

Thanks so much for the offer. I've already got the Hatsune Miku ones, but the long pigtails are the look I really want.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
By unanimous guild decision we are now RoboTwinks Only.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats different about this new genesis thing

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They put bones in the fingers

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

eonwe posted:

whats different about this new genesis thing

It's PSO3, but they made it an expansion so they didn't have to renegotiate all the crossover stuff they've done for the last decade.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dope ill try it out then

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1399908648529371145?s=20

I almost think they should have left it in japanese.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol I watched that and thought it was some weird unofficial video because of that voice work

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, instead of doing something smart like finishing off my third unit, I just spent all my money on a new outfit.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is this a good time to jump in? I remember there being serious issues with the microsoft version, and all the different versions, I don't really mind starting over if I have too (I was only like level 20)

e: On June 9th I mean.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Is this a good time to jump in? I remember there being serious issues with the microsoft version, and all the different versions, I don't really mind starting over if I have too (I was only like level 20)

e: On June 9th I mean.

Yeah, it'll basically be a fresh start since the only real major gameplay thing that carries over is that weapons from pso2 become mid-tier weapons in NGS

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Is there anything worth doing on a PSO2 account to try and set it up for NGS, eg stuff to sell, cosmetics to buy, etc? I did see that cosmetics were supposed to carry over, but the website/test creator seemed to imply that PSO2 and NGS bodies/clothes can't be combined with each other?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Nick Buntline posted:

Is there anything worth doing on a PSO2 account to try and set it up for NGS, eg stuff to sell, cosmetics to buy, etc? I did see that cosmetics were supposed to carry over, but the website/test creator seemed to imply that PSO2 and NGS bodies/clothes can't be combined with each other?

PSO2 hairstyles should be able to be used with NGS bodies so that would be where I would focus.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

You can use all accessories with NGS bodies as well, but makeup and body paint have to be for the body/face type you're using.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

7c Nickel posted:

It's PSO3, but they made it an expansion so they didn't have to renegotiate all the crossover stuff they've done for the last decade.
to be honest I'm still saying "This is pso2 but the map type is different" cause most of this was more "we wanted to try all this poo poo in pso2, but we were still supporting the PSVita until September of 2020 for some reason" by all technicality, NGS is an extension of Phantasy Star Crew's 10-year plan for PSO2, and they've been on record saying as much.

I'm still a little sour that all of the previous quest content is effectively getting swept under the rug though

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 2, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PSO2 gets the New Genesis updated graphics, but will still stick around and you can still access your original characters, PSO2 content, their levels, and gear. But New Genesis is basically a whole new do over and you start at level 1, some basic stuff / cosmetics transfer over. Is this correct?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

PSO2 gets the New Genesis updated graphics, but will still stick around and you can still access your original characters, PSO2 content, their levels, and gear. But New Genesis is basically a whole new do over and you start at level 1, some basic stuff / cosmetics transfer over. Is this correct?

Mostly yes, but also your original characters are also your NGS characters, and you can take a teleporter back and forth between games/time. Also you can port over gear but it's not endgame stuff and they have level requirements so it's a pretty minor boost.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

7c Nickel posted:

Mostly yes, but also your original characters are also your NGS characters, and you can take a teleporter back and forth between games/time. Also you can port over gear but it's not endgame stuff and they have level requirements so it's a pretty minor boost.

Do you think it will just be better to start completely over and make a whole new character in NG and start at level 1? I have a level cap character in PSO2 for what that's worth.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It literally doesn't matter. The character creator no longer has any restrictions on gender or race and your ostensibly defined race no longer has any stats attached. The only reason to start over would be if you don't like your name.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I said come in! posted:

Do you think it will just be better to start completely over and make a whole new character in NG and start at level 1? I have a level cap character in PSO2 for what that's worth.

You'd lose access to any non account bound fashion bits so no, I wouldn't

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got it, thank you! I was just confused by some stuff but you all helped me understand.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What about folks like me who've never played at all, is there anything going away that's worth setting up an account and playing now for, or anything like that?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
There's some accessories for going on 7 raid type events before NG goes live. If you want to no life it there are rewards for getting to max level. And if you want to throw real money at the game you can gamble for clothes and accessories.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
If you really want to there are probably some easy sources of Star Gems that you can get just by poking around as a new player in PSO2, which is the earnable premium currency and can be spent in both games.

Not necessarily going away imminently, but having some in your pocket will let you rent material storage earlier, which I assume will also be crucial for quality of life in NGS. I have no idea how easy it will be to get SG in NGS.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 2, 2021

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

There’s also essentially a whole-rear end game in the form of pso2 you can play in the meantime, especially since we’ll likely run out of things to do in the new genesis part of the game pretty quickly and you can then go back and play the original in between updates. May as well get a head start on that I say

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

What about folks like me who've never played at all, is there anything going away that's worth setting up an account and playing now for, or anything like that?

Also, we do need a completely new player to join our Alliance before NGS launch to get a free emote for everyone in the guild. If you've got the time we'd appreciate it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

poo poo right I probably should get on writing up a new OP, I guess mostly from scratch this time since everything's going under the carpet pretty much haha...

I'll keep some PSO2-classic information in the 2nd post or something.

in the meantime hows about the time-honored tradition of thread title suggestions; don't forget the character limit is like, 75? I think?

here's the only one I could think of at the moment:

PSO2 New Genesis: This is (not) Episode 7

a bit of a joke is that the first thread was titled in a similar format

Here's something you might want to stick in the character creation section.

On paper this might be a Male Human, but their character creation data is made up of a Male Human head, Numan ears, Deuman eyes/horn/tattoos, a Female Cast body with masculine proportions, a giant codpiece made with the freeform accessory system, and whatever combination of animations you prefer. Don't be afraid to go nuts.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 3, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

7c Nickel posted:

Also, we do need a completely new player to join our Alliance before NGS launch to get a free emote for everyone in the guild. If you've got the time we'd appreciate it.

As good an excuse as any. Do I want to smash someone's name into this thing?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'd suggest getting into the Discord Server (both/all regions): NolVac and going from there.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Okay, here’s what I got this time:

PSO2 New Genesis: It’s Called New Mega Drive in Europe

PSO2 New Genesis: Diablo May Crynicles X

PSO2 New Genesis: The Whole New World

PSO2 New Genesis: I Love It When You Call Me Bigg Frogga

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Okay, here’s what I got this time:

This one made me laugh, so it gets my vote.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

PSO2 NEW GENESIS: Attach Thread to Groin?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Nemo2342 posted:

This one made me laugh, so it gets my vote.

:yossame:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

this

Also yeah to reiterate Next's point about it not being PSO3 - the executable (in DLL form) and internal name is PSO2reboot

also please add CARD

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1400271039645560834?s=20

It's not really "in depth", but it's a nice overview of the changes coming to New Genesis.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

The fact that this can be my resting face makes it the best game ever made