Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Man, the new Urgent Quest (specifically the harder version with the black dragon) is surprisingly difficult than you would expect. Like there was a point where there wasn't any glowing weakpoints for a few minutes (maybe 5 or less) which I'm certain is a bug, I guess. But regardless, the fight took most of the time you would have available to beat it and roughly under 10 minutes were left when it was over.

Got a Golem Harmonizer out of it, so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pyro Jack posted:

Man, the new Urgent Quest (specifically the harder version with the black dragon) is surprisingly difficult than you would expect. Like there was a point where there wasn't any glowing weakpoints for a few minutes (maybe 5 or less) which I'm certain is a bug, I guess. But regardless, the fight took most of the time you would have available to beat it and roughly under 10 minutes were left when it was over.

Got a Golem Harmonizer out of it, so that's nice.

It's real fun when no one wants to pick up the sword either. Eventually I bit the bullet and took it because I was out of healing and the sword at least gives you an extra health bar.

Got Val jet boots with 8 augments that I hope to sell to fund my wired lance upgrades.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

It's real fun when no one wants to pick up the sword either.

Some things never change.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

No it's the best when people do pick up the sword, but then don't use the charge slash to break the weakpoints.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Why is this game the loudest thing in existence? I have to play on my TVs lowest volume setting so I don't feel assaulted every time I use a menu.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ouhei posted:

Why is this game the loudest thing in existence? I have to play on my TVs lowest volume setting so I don't feel assaulted every time I use a menu.

Haha I've noticed this too, I have the specific application volume turned way down, it's just so loud compared to other stuff

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I figured out the weak-point thing with the Dragon urgent quest (it's got a fancy name but it's just a dragon). Apparently, it's because you have to destroy both wings to make the weak-points be available earlier. Also the swords are really nice since the moveset is really good but also it's a good safety net since you don't die if you run out of HP and depending on the players, you won't run out of them.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The sword is, sadly, fairly weak. I really would not recommend ever holding onto it after breaking the weakpoints unless you're pretty badly undergeared

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Doing PBF Snatch loops on the tail makes me want to blow chunks

I guess I only ever did it on summoner before

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Saagonsa posted:

The sword is, sadly, fairly weak. I really would not recommend ever holding onto it after breaking the weakpoints unless you're pretty badly undergeared

Yeah, it's definitely weaker than even my own poorly-augmented stuff. But no one else wants to wield it, and frankly the boss zipping all over the arena is frustrating for me, so I guess I'm on sword duty now.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Are there any particularly good augments I should be looking for when picking up a val weapon off the shop? Some of these PP regen augments look really tempting since I always seem to be PP starved.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

The massive range of genre in the fashion of this game makes it loving impossible. I’m so used to the sci-fi aesthetic from the first PSO that it feels wrong to not be in that (and a lot of the weapons fit in that), but I’m really digging some of the new scratch stuff.

If it all wasn’t so expensive I’d be more down to collect some outfits but all of the inner/base costs are just insane. I know it’s since they can’t be sold once you use them unlock outers and outfits, but still. I’ll probably break down and buy more AC this week because I’m a chump.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahaha, my first Blackwyrm run was so confused that we only had 50 seconds left when we finally downed it

Also, apparently the Buster Quest counted Buster Quests done before the event started? I already got my Mother Ticket. I think I'm gonna get the Red/Blue sword camo to be maximum anime.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I take back the bad things I said about the talismans after they gave me 3 val weapons with 7-8 augments after tekking. They're helping send my auxiliary to college.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hopped on this morning to some good sales of a batch of Sigma weapons I got yesterday in some random runs and my Psycho wand finally sold. Someone was selling a Nemesis Sage for 1.5 Mil so I picked that up (sold the wand for $1 mil) and then I bought enough food to get my Mag to 200. Now to work on grinding up my EQ and work on getting up to 90.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ouhei posted:

Hopped on this morning to some good sales of a batch of Sigma weapons I got yesterday in some random runs and my Psycho wand finally sold. Someone was selling a Nemesis Sage for 1.5 Mil so I picked that up (sold the wand for $1 mil) and then I bought enough food to get my Mag to 200. Now to work on grinding up my EQ and work on getting up to 90.

There was a nice price recovery on Sigma/Nox as people are buying them up to grind into their new weapons, so I'm finally freeing up storage space again.

Also moving from my poorly augmented Nemesis to my shiny new Atlas (where I actually had an idea of what augments to look for) has been amazing. After such a long time with that weapon, it's nice to see the numbers go up again.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

There was a nice price recovery on Sigma/Nox as people are buying them up to grind into their new weapons, so I'm finally freeing up storage space again.

Also moving from my poorly augmented Nemesis to my shiny new Atlas (where I actually had an idea of what augments to look for) has been amazing. After such a long time with that weapon, it's nice to see the numbers go up again.

Nice, I'll take the extra meseta for now lol.

Also I want to upgrade my rings and need Naverius Rock, do I actually have to mine that all myself? Couldn't seem to find it on the player shops.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Mine or buy an already finished ring.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Stanos posted:

Mine or buy an already finished ring.

RIP, off to the mines with me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ouhei posted:

Nemesis weapons are only 1 mil? I get that they're probably a several steps from BiS now but drat.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
They added 30cap, Light ele Nem/Raven weapons to the shop for 400 unique badges a piece which is why they're cheap now.

All the poor weeaboos now with worthless katanas

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Yeah, seems like adding them to the badge shop + new BiS stuff has caused them to drop a lot. I’d check the shops if you’re in the market. I almost waited to see if they’d drop more, but had the meseta and it was the same or cheaper than any of the other “lesser” options.

Got mine to +10 tonight, not in a huge rush to Max it out since I’m still working through content.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ouhei posted:

RIP, off to the mines with me.

Yeah, the worst part about finding you should be using a different ring is having to remember to gather materials again.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
If you're not hunting anything specific just do your gathering during dailies and you'll have a decent amount any time you need another ring. Also all the mats for good foods which help a bunch when focusing.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm caught up on the story now, and I have to say it's getting pretty crowded here inside my head.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Maxed my first Scion Class. I guess I should level either Bouncer or Summoner since I like both classes. Also I need to get some money back since I spent most of it alongside Lambda Grinders to upgrading the Ivlida Sword, Twin Machine Guns and Talis to 30. I have two Alma Pose emotes that I could sell but I don't know if people will buy them.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pyro Jack posted:

Maxed my first Scion Class. I guess I should level either Bouncer or Summoner since I like both classes. Also I need to get some money back since I spent most of it alongside Lambda Grinders to upgrading the Ivlida Sword, Twin Machine Guns and Talis to 30. I have two Alma Pose emotes that I could sell but I don't know if people will buy them.

I'm pretty sure those will sell, though I couldn't tell you how quickly. Everyone loves getting more dumb emotes to use while waiting for quests to fill up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Both the Alma emotes sell pretty well. Alma Ball in particular is one of the higher grossing items on the Ship 2 market at the mo', but Pose sells well too.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Speaking of things selling well, I found out yesterday you get bonus codes for this game if you have GamePass Ultimate on Xbox and it gives you a bunch of items, I sold off the stuff I didn’t care about for a good chunk, then it gave me 12 AC tickets. While I got only 1 piece from the outfits I wanted, I sold all the other poo poo for a ton. Bought the 2 outfits I liked and still have like 12 million with another 8 or so in pending sales.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
So uh, the new Exploration Field. What do you guys think about it, specifically on the highest difficulty.

Because I did not like it and spent most of my time taking on a demon who had WAY too much HP and then after that, died to Omega Hyunal three times which was the point where I decided to give up doing the hardest difficulty.

At least I got a whole bunch of stuff involving the campaigns such as the Coated Edge (which was way late) and the Hero Weapon Camo.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 14, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I haven't done EForest in a long time but I don't think anyone would miss Resta Golems. At all.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Trick or Treat music sure is something.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

So I want to start getting into some crafted techs, not making them myself but buying on the market. I can't find the answer to the question on if it's just a permanent mod to whatever level the tech is or not. IE: If I have Resta level 14 and apply a custom tech on it that boosts it, then later get Resta 15, does it just update to 15 and still give me the custom boost on top still?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pyro Jack posted:

So uh, the new Exploration Field. What do you guys think about it, specifically on the highest difficulty.

Because I did not like it and spent most of my time taking on a demon who had WAY too much HP and then after that, died to Omega Hyunal three times which was the point where I decided to give up doing the hardest difficulty.

At least I got a whole bunch of stuff involving the campaigns such as the Coated Edge (which was way late) and the Hero Weapon Camo.

Have you ever done an Ultimate quest? Because it's literally just an Ultimate quest. Don't treat it like a normal exploration field, it's designed for 12 people.

And for the love of god please don't take AI partners to it, I had an MPA half full of yellow exclamation points and ugh.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ouhei posted:

So I want to start getting into some crafted techs, not making them myself but buying on the market. I can't find the answer to the question on if it's just a permanent mod to whatever level the tech is or not. IE: If I have Resta level 14 and apply a custom tech on it that boosts it, then later get Resta 15, does it just update to 15 and still give me the custom boost on top still?

If you learn a higher level of a technique (or PA) you’ve customized, the customization stays.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

AweStriker posted:

If you learn a higher level of a technique (or PA) you’ve customized, the customization stays.

Excellent, thanks

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
The Halloween UQ is fun!

So now that my mag is lv. 200, can I feed it garbage since it isn't leveling anymore? Or do I need to keep feeding it discs (since it's a dex mag)?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Anything works. The exp bars are frozen.

Also now that it's 200 it'll retain its energy when you are logged out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

MR. J posted:

Anything works. The exp bars are frozen.

Also now that it's 200 it'll retain its energy when you are logged out.

I usually just keep a stack of Monomates with me since they're so cheap.