Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1352315256824078340

I like Nyau. :shobon: (except when he's being a smug little poo poo when he wins at blacknyack)

Barely see him in the field anymore, though. I feel like when I first started months ago, I saw him a lot.

e. Doing the Death, Destroyer Of Worlds mission and a) gently caress super-Magatsu, b) gently caress the AIS and c) oh god I have to do this 8 more times

Some people must enjoy missions like this but god I hate the AIS controls / piloting, and this beefed up Magatsu is just not really fun to fight, at all. I'm playing it on Hard, since there's no difficulty requirement for the unit giveaway, which is making it somewhat more tolerable

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

Some people must enjoy missions like this but god I hate the AIS controls / piloting, and this beefed up Magatsu is just not really fun to fight, at all. I'm playing it on Hard, since there's no difficulty requirement for the unit giveaway, which is making it somewhat more tolerable

I was really hoping to get to fight old Magatsu again. Space Magatsu is lame and doesn't let me double jump and smash him in the face.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nemo2342 posted:

I was really hoping to get to fight old Magatsu again. Space Magatsu is lame and doesn't let me double jump and smash him in the face.

Yeah honestly I don't mind the old Magatsu fight, that one was kind of fun. Space Magatsu is just hiding behind rocks plinking away at his weak points, or getting one-shot by something he's doing when I'm not paying enough attention / wrestling to make my AIS do what I want it to do.

Let me chase him on the rooftops again Sega, that was more fun than this :argh:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I am done with space Maggy as soon as I've done enough runs for the unit set. :colbert:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Molestationary Store posted:

I am done with space Maggy as soon as I've done enough runs for the unit set. :colbert:

Yeah I could not have been happier when I finally hit 9. I mean, I am definitely a lot better with an AIS than I was before, but blah.

Had remarkably good luck getting them all to +10 too, only had problems with the last one, it kept going between 9 and 7, just did not want to hit +10 for a while.

Also I sold the diamond dust for like 3 mil lol thanks Sega

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Code Jockey posted:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1352315256824078340

I like Nyau. :shobon: (except when he's being a smug little poo poo when he wins at blacknyack)

Barely see him in the field anymore, though. I feel like when I first started months ago, I saw him a lot.

e. Doing the Death, Destroyer Of Worlds mission and a) gently caress super-Magatsu, b) gently caress the AIS and c) oh god I have to do this 8 more times

I've seen Nyau hit on 20 and get an Ace. I despise him.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hypocrisy posted:

I've seen Nyau hit on 20 and get an Ace. I despise him.

I just took him for like 500 meseta, so consider yourself avenged. :respek:

Also Sega: Please give me an SG-unlockable option for having a larger personal shop, thank u

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Personal Shop was never expanded on JP that I can recall :shrug:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I got tired of phaleg's gimmicks and cheesed the fight with guard stance hunter/etoile

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Servers are down for maintenance, so let's post fashion.

My main girl has switched over to a humanish look more in line with the Androids of the OG Phantasy Star. People seem to like it since I get Lookbook likes just walking around.

For my alt, I tried to recreate this unused bit of concept art for a PSO1 Hu/newm. Getting 3 different shoulder accessories to line up correctly was a nightmare, but I think this is about as faithful as I could get under the circumstance.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

7c Nickel posted:

Servers are down for maintenance, so let's post fashion.

My main girl has switched over to a humanish look more in line with the Androids of the OG Phantasy Star. People seem to like it since I get Lookbook likes just walking around.

Personally I like the android-style from PS4 with the human face/head and robot body, so this looks pretty good to me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nemo2342 posted:

Personally I like the android-style from PS4 with the human face/head and robot body, so this looks pretty good to me.

I made my partner machine Demi, and in JP gave her the orange version of Kressida's outfit, which is about as close as I could get at the time to her cloak.

Sadly the NA version of Demi is all robot bits..I should look around and see if anything suits better.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I keep having this feeling that I want to spend money on this game, like I'm good financially right now, so maybe I'll kick a little money at PSO2. But there just really isn't anything I want to spend money on, I mean I could buy AC scratch tickets, but I'm not really that into the stuff that's available now. It's just funny to me, because I was thinking the other day how this is the best f2p game I've ever seen, in that the stuff I do spend money on - premium mostly, and a few inventory expansions - is all convenience and just makes things a little easier. Even when I want to throw money at it, I can't really think of a good reason to. :v: I guess I could buy some of those high level boosters, but ehhhhh. I play enough and on high enough difficulty that I'm getting good drops, and I am real happy with my gear as-is. I might buy some SG if I run low, but I'm at 537 now and even when I do get low because I find something I like in Fresh Finds, I usually make it back fast off the mission pass or titles.

God help me if they ever open up an AC or SG shop for a broader collection of fashion items.

Also holy poo poo Phantom is cool. Just slidin' all over the place lasering things to death with my satellites. Can't wait to try a UQ with this, I've just been grinding Tokyo gold keys.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 27, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pretty much the only things worth buying at all are inventory expansions, character storage expansions, mag claim tickets and maybe a scratch if you're feeling spicy. Oh and Premium. All the other stuff in the AC store is a huge ripoff. I cannot loving believe they bothered to put Cosmo Atomizers in the global version.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looks like Luster, level 100, and more are coming after the 2/2-2/3 maintenance. Super PSO2 day is supposed to last until 2/4 too so you can mega grind Luster if you want.

And yeah, Phantom is a lot of fun.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Material storage is worth spending money on because it frees up HUNDREDS if inventory slots.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Ardeem posted:

Material storage is worth spending money on because it frees up HUNDREDS if inventory slots.

Also you get a button to autodump everything in the material category and the ability to draw stuff out automatically for crafting. It also can be bought with SG so you can earn it in game.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ardeem posted:

Yeah this is absolutely a must-have, what a quality of life improvement it is

now if only I could dismantle items / swap shop directly out of my storage locations :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ardeem posted:

I used it once and I will never play PSO2 without it ever again.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
"I think I'll try crafting"

beginners luck:

edit: my techter really loves these glowy balls, get up on a bosses' feet and it's just a steady stream of numbers

having a good time with this game y'all

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 3, 2021

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
bad touch sempai san and shota boy

BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
i'm the gigantic hand

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

7c Nickel posted:

bad touch sempai san and shota boy

BAN THIS SICK FILTH

At least you don't have to deal with the original version of him spawning into Earth.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Or the actual bad touch scene that was cut.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
So I got Luster to 90. While I do have enough Bonus Keys to probably get it to 100 or close to it, I'm probably saving that for probably around the 22nd since I want to enjoy the class before hitting the level cap.

Anyway, Luster is good and powerful like every other Scion Class. Good thing I got like three Gunblades from the collecion files though I probably should've bought the Element Changes before Luster was released because I'm certain the price for them has increased.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow, Cofy made a class!

Luster has an auto-combo? Ha, I like it.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 4, 2021

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
oh god Kyokuya is insufferable

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

He has quickly passed Pietro on my list of guys I want to give a swirlie to.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah he owns

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nemo2342 posted:

He has quickly passed Pietro on my list of guys I want to give a swirlie to.

oh without question

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah he owns

It makes me happy that brooding mall goths survive into the era of space travel

if I max out my social link friendship with him, I wonder if I'll get 1xGothic Full-Finger Ring arm unit

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, I beat PSO2. Episode 6 spoilers.

To whoever said that episode 4 was just the start of hyping up the PC, you weren't kidding. Vessel of the Universe ended up being a whole lot more literal than I expected.

I liked the ending a lot but I've beaten every story mission so of course I was going to like it. Gimme all the anime cheese. The credits and the credits song certainly made me feel too. A fitting conclusion.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Code Jockey posted:

It makes me happy that brooding mall goths survive into the era of space travel

if I max out my social link friendship with him, I wonder if I'll get 1xGothic Full-Finger Ring arm unit

I'm disappointed we never got to see Pati as a Phantom

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Pati is still trying to tape two katanas together to make a double saber out of them, Kyokuya just sort of ignores her antics

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I've been slow to do the story, so I just finished Episode 2 and I was not expecting it to be so. . . long. So many cutscenes with the weakest padding inbetween; like they decided to dump all the story resolutions into this one massive event. And having to do the whole thing in one shot if you wanted to get an S-rank is :rolleyes:.

Please tell me the other episodes don't end on this kind of marathon.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
The good news is that you've just completed the longest single story chapter in the game.

The bad news is that you've just completed the best single story chapter in the game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Grimthwacker posted:

I've been slow to do the story, so I just finished Episode 2 and I was not expecting it to be so. . . long. So many cutscenes with the weakest padding inbetween; like they decided to dump all the story resolutions into this one massive event. And having to do the whole thing in one shot if you wanted to get an S-rank is :rolleyes:.

Please tell me the other episodes don't end on this kind of marathon.

The climax of Episode 2 is easily the longest quest in the game. There are a few more long quests, but none of them come to EP2's level

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Surprise Noodle posted:

The good news is that you've just completed the longest single story chapter in the game.

The bad news is that you've just completed the best single story chapter in the game.

this

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I sure do enjoy rainbow keys

(this is from running two of them)

I ended up with a set of Ceres knuckles, Union soaring blades and a Union rifle with Exceed Energy and EX Alles Soul, a Ceres assault rifle, and a Lepshtain katana also with Exceed Energy. Not too shabby.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Pretty happy with my fashion. Maybe now I should actually learn about end game gear and stuff... :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Watching Shiva murk a room in Final Lament was hilarious. For the first and last time in PSO2, playing story mode gave me an advantage!