Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’ve been surprised by how much of episode 5 and 6 I actually like. I guess I haven’t actively disliked anything outside of the first anime and a good chunk of episode 4, but outside of episode 2 and some of episode 3 I don’t think there’s been anything in the story that grabbed me.

The earth chapter with the half-assed anime reunion that 90% of global players won’t understand was pretty dumb though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
As I am finally playing through Episode 3, one of my biggest hopes for New Genesis is that we get less ridiculous female outfits, and less ridiculously dressed female NPCs, which I guess I largely chalk up to the era this game is from

like come on Matoi I am tired of seeing your weirdly textured belly button and your cleavage in every scene you're in

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

As I am finally playing through Episode 3, one of my biggest hopes for New Genesis is that we get less ridiculous female outfits, and less ridiculously dressed female NPCs, which I guess I largely chalk up to the era this game is from

like come on Matoi I am tired of seeing your weirdly textured belly button and your cleavage in every scene you're in

At least Matoi gets to have a scene that makes fun of her dumb outfits. There's just no excuse for Ulku though.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nemo2342 posted:

At least Matoi gets to have a scene that makes fun of her dumb outfits. There's just no excuse for Ulku though.

lol I almost mentioned Ulku also, yes

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

At least they didn’t bring PSO2es overseas. Talk about shameless designs.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah so I just finished beating Matoi's Hyunal form in Episode 3, and lmao at complaining about Matoi's normal attire

Like the scenes with her after the fight are emotionally heavy, and I'm feeling that, but the whole time I'm thinking about how awkward this is and can I just give you my coat or something Matoi, please

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

At least they didn’t bring PSO2es overseas. Talk about shameless designs.

do not besmirch space tuna like this

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah so I just finished beating Matoi's Hyunal form in Episode 3, and lmao at complaining about Matoi's normal attire

Like the scenes with her after the fight are emotionally heavy, and I'm feeling that, but the whole time I'm thinking about how awkward this is and can I just give you my coat or something Matoi, please

Corruption is symbolized by goofy hoop heels.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

7c Nickel posted:

honestly those were the best part of the outfit and I want them for my girl robot, better start grinding up and snorting dead falspawn until I get ~fabulous~ I guess

e. those were also 90% of the outfit lol

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

7c Nickel posted:

very much so for PSO Delsabers () and Dimenians ()

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Tesla was right posted:

very much so for PSO Delsabers ()

'sup.

Eights years later and still no Delsabers in PSO2 leaping at people from the other side of a dark room, c'mon Sega.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
lol the conversation at the end of ep 3 about Matoi's clothes so Xiao's the pervert in charge of that, good to know

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Delsaber posted:

'sup.

Eights years later and still no Delsabers in PSO2 leaping at people from the other side of a dark room, c'mon Sega.

There's a Luminmech that fills the same function more or less

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
all praise the diggle

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

lol the conversation at the end of ep 3 about Matoi's clothes so Xiao's the pervert in charge of that, good to know

What else can you expect from someone with a 5 foot rattail?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1364662046281768960?s=20

It's too true

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Changing blocks until I get Monica, just to be safe.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I will never forget the original PSO2 weapon grinding system where enhancing rare weapons had a chance to break your weapon. Also instead of hitting +30 to max out your potential you hit +10 (the max), unlock the potential, reset the enhancement, and then get +10 again to unlock higher level potentials.

No wonder they had the Dudu punching bag furniture.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I will never forget the original PSO2 weapon grinding system where enhancing rare weapons had a chance to break your weapon. Also instead of hitting +30 to max out your potential you hit +10 (the max), unlock the potential, reset the enhancement, and then get +10 again to unlock higher level potentials.

No wonder they had the Dudu punching bag furniture.

clearly you have because weapon breaking wasn't a thing, you just had a chance to go down a level or two

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Breaking weapons was PSU grinding, which they changed to "resets to zero and takes one off the max when you fail" in the expansion and"just pay money it can't fail at all" in Portable 2.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dabir posted:

clearly you have because weapon breaking wasn't a thing, you just had a chance to go down a level or two

Seriously? Then what was I thinking of?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Breaking weapons was PSU grinding, which they changed to "resets to zero and takes one off the max when you fail" in the expansion and"just pay money it can't fail at all" in Portable 2.

Oh okay. That's probably it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Code Jockey posted:

https://twitter.com/rappy_commu/status/1367663711779885057
https://twitter.com/rappy_commu/status/1371694843555016704

signs are pointing to probably not

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
That second one looks like she belongs in one of the mobile games.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ardeem posted:

That second one looks like she belongs in one of the mobile games.

I mean at least her rear end is surrounded by defensive satellites

I will never ever stop finding this game's female armor funny. It's such a good game, it's so much fun, but if I ever show any of my friends or family I am 100% playing my main guy and trying to angle the camera away from the gate area full of giant titty robots in metallic slingshot bikini armor

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I mean it's just a variation on Thousand Rim, which was a starter outfit in ep1

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The first one doesn’t look too bad in game from what I’ve seen, but the second... yeah.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Glad they have that over enthusiastic guy for the dub again lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEiNezv71c&t=330s

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

brand engager posted:

Glad they have that over enthusiastic guy for the dub again lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEiNezv71c&t=330s

Is there a tl;dr of all of the important stuff from this?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is there a tl;dr of all of the important stuff from this?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-new-genesis-prologue-2-recap/

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I haven't been closely following the NG beta to know:

-Is the primary pain point of the monetization still limited inventory fuckery?
-I've always felt PSO2 controlled very strangely in that it has too many buttons that you want to hit in combat for a gamepad, but everything about the UI and combat controls is clearly designed for gamepads. KBAM and Controller both feel compromised. Does NG improve this or is it still rooted in 10 year old clunk rear end japanese PC game design?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m not really a fan of the Naverius enemies returning for NGS. I’d be more ok with it if they had more design differences but as it is they’re just recolors with little to no difference. At least they seem more fun to fight.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Scoss posted:

-I've always felt PSO2 controlled very strangely in that it has too many buttons that you want to hit in combat for a gamepad, but everything about the UI and combat controls is clearly designed for gamepads. KBAM and Controller both feel compromised. Does NG improve this or is it still rooted in 10 year old clunk rear end japanese PC game design?

The base combat controls are all the same in NGS as they were in PSO2.

Although personally I never had much of an issue playing on keyboard myself. Only thing I'd say is a requirement with it though is a mouse with side buttons for your action 3.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Saagonsa posted:

The base combat controls are all the same in NGS as they were in PSO2.

Although personally I never had much of an issue playing on keyboard myself. Only thing I'd say is a requirement with it though is a mouse with side buttons for your action 3.

Yep, this is what I use, a fancy pants Corsair mouse with remappable keys on the side

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Scoss posted:

Inventory is 100 in the beta and it appears to be default now, and also during CBT you could just destroy poo poo in your inventory and you'd get the monetary amount for it. Whether those all stay, well who knows.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
the augment reckoning has arrived

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I'd heard stories about Easter in PSO but now that I'm here to see it it really is next-level annoying

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I picked one hell of a time to start playing again

SEGUIMOS CANTANDO, SEGUIMOS BAILANDO ES UN DÍA DE CARNAVAL LLENO DE FELICIDAD :shepicide:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Para ti, mother fucker.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Molestationary Store posted:

Para ti, madre puto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into this game for the first time in about a year (I think I stopped right around episode 4 being added). Just a couple questions while I get used to things again, I know the game is on Steam now but is there any specific reason to not just use the old Microsoft Store version? Second, my highest character is level 69 so I know I'm not at end-game, but I believe I have a solid 13 star weapon at +32, what do you have to do to aim for getting the strongest weapons and stuff you can get? I seem to have forgotten everything about upgrading and affixes and stuff.

I still love this game, even if I can't remember my Bouncer rotations or anything right now.