Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Scoss posted:

When Steam was in its infancy, the only problems I remember were progress bars getting stuck and unreliable network service. I've been using it since CS 1.6 and never seen a working game break itself, or seen Steam overstep the bounds of what you expect the software to do.

The Microsoft Store, by contrast, is the closest I have ever seen a game or other "legitimate" Microsoft product behave like honest to god malware. Against all odds, they managed to create an experience even worse than GFW live. After having PSO2 break itself twice, and having to hunt down 150GB (600 thousand files) of hidden, permission-locked backup copies of the game, I will never spend a penny in the MS store, and I've become hostile to their entire vision for how software delivery and management ought to work. It's incomparable to even Steam's clumsiest missteps, IMO.

I had a free antivirus flag the exe as malware yesterday, and thats probably what made me have to reinstall the day before. So yeah, that scans.

Yeah I know, I deleted the antivirus now. I've meant to for a while but it usually doesn't rise past the level of occasional annoyance so until now I havent bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Hypocrisy posted:

Seriously? That sucks.

drat it. I need the crafted Sacrifice Bite. I want to hit stuff with my sword from half a screen away.

I need so many crafted Techs since I've been playing TeFi, and it's gonna take forever to actually get them all even after crafting is released.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I need my crafted Techniques and I need them now.

I don't even know what crafted Techniques I want or are good. There's almost certainly a guide somewhere.

rip fire techs though

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I had a free antivirus flag the exe as malware yesterday, and thats probably what made me have to reinstall the day before. So yeah, that scans.

Yeah I know, I deleted the antivirus now. I've meant to for a while but it usually doesn't rise past the level of occasional annoyance so until now I havent bothered.

Windows Defender is actually unironically better than a free antivirus.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

AweStriker posted:

I need my crafted Techniques and I need them now.

I don't even know what crafted Techniques I want or are good. There's almost certainly a guide somewhere.

rip fire techs though

almost every tech needs to be crafted to be good more or less. the entire system is balanced around crafting.

force guides tend to tell you how you want to craft techs but good uncrafted techs are just, like, what, gizonde, il/ragrants?? it's a pretty dire situation.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

nyttyn posted:

almost every tech needs to be crafted to be good more or less. the entire system is balanced around crafting.

force guides tend to tell you how you want to craft techs but good uncrafted techs are just, like, what, gizonde, il/ragrants?? it's a pretty dire situation.

Uncrafted Ragrants is actually terrible, hilariously enough. It does like, 8 more DPS than Grants with a fraction of the range.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

nyttyn posted:

Ragrants? The laser one that I can never manage to hit anything with?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The difference in content between versions makes it very hard to find accurate information for this game online. Are the Nox Placis probably the most powerful jet boots in NA right now? I recently upgraded to some Blade Stabilizers and upgraded them to +30, they kick rear end but I have a pair of Nox Placis that starts about 100 pow below where the +30's are that I have.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I think the most powerful weapons now are nemesis/slave in general (this may vary for class, do your research). Nox are just good weapons that have low equip requirements (my alt force can wear a nox weapon in mid 40s, can wear bow on 40ish braver but not katana yet) and they'll last you to 70s easily if they have good element. They're also relatively cheap so you could easily get like a 50 light nox through grinding for under 1 million and it'll last you until whatever is better.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

explosivo posted:

The difference in content between versions makes it very hard to find accurate information for this game online. Are the Nox Placis probably the most powerful jet boots in NA right now? I recently upgraded to some Blade Stabilizers and upgraded them to +30, they kick rear end but I have a pair of Nox Placis that starts about 100 pow below where the +30's are that I have.

The most powerful weapons for every class RN are the Nemesis and Slave weapons, which are extremely rare random drops from Ultimate Naverius and Ultimate Lilipa respectively. For Jet Boots that would be the Nemesis and Slave Shoes.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
If I'm reading the wiki right, the Blade Stabilizers are weapons and the Noxes are . And and even when in the air with and ground to +35 they arn't as strong as the Nox without it's bonus from full health.

The most powerful Jet Boots listed are the Slave Boots from Ultimate Lillipa.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Jet_Boots_List

Also the affixes on a weapon can add hundreds to the attack power and maxing out their elements adds even more damage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A few questions:
I'm 58/47 on Fi/Hu but I kinda want to play Gunner or Ranger. I can't really decide on which.

Is there good ways to switch to a new class / ways I can take advantage of having a much higher level main?

I assume both Ra and Gu use an R-Atk/RNG Mag? Looks like feeding one of those is ranged weapons, then dimates and 4 star furniture to offset the other gains?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

There's 12 Star Sigma weapons at one of the merchants that don't have class restrictions, so you can equip them and use their skills as the "wrong" class.

edit: Lambda is an 8 Star set that's all-class.

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 12, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ardeem posted:

The most powerful Jet Boots listed are the Slave Boots from Ultimate Lillipa.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Jet_Boots_List

Oh thanks for this, I didn't know there was an NA only version of this wiki.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

explosivo posted:

Oh thanks for this, I didn't know there was an NA only version of this wiki.

Neither, thanks for sharing!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oxyclean posted:

A few questions:
I'm 58/47 on Fi/Hu but I kinda want to play Gunner or Ranger. I can't really decide on which.

Is there good ways to switch to a new class / ways I can take advantage of having a much higher level main?

I assume both Ra and Gu use an R-Atk/RNG Mag? Looks like feeding one of those is ranged weapons, then dimates and 4 star furniture to offset the other gains?

Well, you probably already have photon arts for the new class learned and a nice weapon stored. I don't think there's anything besides using one of the higher level classes as a subclass.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I level all the classes to 75 to get the stat boost do I have to get them all to 85 to keep it?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

fadam posted:

If I level all the classes to 75 to get the stat boost do I have to get them all to 85 to keep it?

No. The stat boost is an account-wide reward from the level 75 titles.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

No. The stat boost is an account-wide reward from the level 75 titles.

Any advantage to leveling off classes to85 if I’m never going to play them?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

We don't have 85 in NA yet. If we did tho, no there's no point to getting to 85 on a class you don't use

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

None of the gathering items that aren't useful now (don't make the best foods, make rings, or can turn in for money) become useful in the future correct?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Saigyouji posted:

Uncrafted Ragrants is actually terrible, hilariously enough. It does like, 8 more DPS than Grants with a fraction of the range.

AweStriker posted:

Ragrants? The laser one that I can never manage to hit anything with?

yeah oops my bad. it's pretty much just gizonde and ilgrants.

please come already crafting...sob...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Apparently the e4 update trailer made a brief mention about how it's coming to 'other pc platforms' soon, and I doubt they're talking sbout origin.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh Advanced Directives got so much better when I found the auto-loot settings.

Is there a way to disable what loot other people are getting in chat? Don't mind the popups, just want the chat log not to get cluttered with everyone else's drops.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Oh Advanced Directives got so much better when I found the auto-loot settings.

Is there a way to disable what loot other people are getting in chat? Don't mind the popups, just want the chat log not to get cluttered with everyone else's drops.

Yeah there's an option in the chat settings to not display other's drops.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

I know I'm just screaming into the void here, but is there a reason people undercut your price by 25% instead of 1%???

All it does is permanently reduce the price. People are going to buy the lowest price item no matter what...

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Numberwang!!! posted:

I know I'm just screaming into the void here, but is there a reason people undercut your price by 25% instead of 1%???

All it does is permanently reduce the price. People are going to buy the lowest price item no matter what...
idk but I'm a buyer not a seller so I'm OK with it

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
the party orders me to take off my nyau suit & I'm wearing a tails mask underneath it. everyone in the block groans at my poo poo

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Numberwang!!! posted:

I will do this if it means I can put it up for 420420, 69420, etc.

I'm a master of capitalism.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Numberwang!!! posted:

Buy them and relist coward

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
OK, goons, for real, what the heck is happening?

I have not seen a single solitary Alliance message in 3 days, except for this log in message. As you can see in the screenshot I have alliance messages set to display.

I even announced that I hit level 69 and no one said nice. Something's busted. Am I shadowbanned?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Numberwang!!! posted:

Welcome to MMO auction houses.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zero VGS posted:

I have not seen a single solitary Alliance message in 3 days, except for this log in message. As you can see in the screenshot I have alliance messages set to display.

I even announced that I hit level 69 and no one said nice. Something's busted. Am I shadowbanned?

Rename your /My Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA folder then boot the game and see if that punches it in the rear end (you might have to redo your graphics settings).

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

That happened to me when I first started the game. My xbox live message settings were set to “friends only” from years ago. When I set them to “anyone”, in game messaging started working.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What are photon boosters good for? I found one shop taking them, but there's just a few weapons for a few classes, and I've got like 1000 of these things.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
That shop is it. If you don't like the weapons or weapon skins it sells, you can still buy the weapons and use the swap shop to turn them into excubes.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

What are photon boosters good for? I found one shop taking them, but there's just a few weapons for a few classes, and I've got like 1000 of these things.

They're pretty much just for indirectly turning into excubes.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Numberwang!!! posted:

For me, I'm much less worried about undercutting by the minimum in this game just because listing and item and setting the price is such a pain. I'll usually round to whatever has me clicking the fewest of those stupid arrows

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I know there isn't any guarantee the japanese monetizations can serve as a 1:1 guide for the NA port, but... Did AC scratch items ever come back around in a meaningful way, like running the entire set again, or having some other means to obtain them once the set has passed? I'm realizing now there's a handful of fashion items from sets that existed before the PC port that I'd like to have, but I also don't have the hundreds of millions of meseta to spend on the one time use items that can't be resold if I don't find them interesting anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

The Big Bad Worf posted:

I know there isn't any guarantee the japanese monetizations can serve as a 1:1 guide for the NA port, but... Did AC scratch items ever come back around in a meaningful way, like running the entire set again, or having some other means to obtain them once the set has passed? I'm realizing now there's a handful of fashion items from sets that existed before the PC port that I'd like to have, but I also don't have the hundreds of millions of meseta to spend on the one time use items that can't be resold if I don't find them interesting anymore.

revivals happen sometimes years later for popular poo poo. it's not anything you can count on but some well liked items do come back for a second run.

heavily emphasizing the sometimes and years later. so buy permanently used items if you really like them sooner rather than later. on the plus side this means outerwear, outfits, and cameos usually don't get too expensive.

outside of like, some poo poo like attack on titan weapons (well, crossovers in general).