Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
I'm fine with Just Attack being gone. The windows for JA have gotten so large that they may as well not exist as a mechanic. Also, it's kinda tough watching for the visual indicator when the screen is frequently full of particle effects.

I wouldn't worry about it oversimplifying things either. We've already seen that Hunter sword is gonna have a counter mechanic to go right to the end of a combo after a guard. If the successor classes in PSO2 (especially Luster) are any indication of their design philosophy for NGS (and they absolutely are), the classes will be chock full of mechanics to keep combat interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think people's concerns aren't so much about oversimplifying, they're about series identity. Timing your button presses has been a core part of combat going all the way back to PSO1. It wasn't in the original release of PSU, but that game sucked poo poo and they added it to melee weapons with the expansion anyway.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

So I've gotten some conflicting information about how to unlock Hero. General searching just says two classes at 75, but a friend who played on the Japanese servers said that and two 13* weapons at +35. The official site doesn't have anything on it.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Do I have to have premium to have a shop? NPCing all these rare drops I’ll never use feels like such a waste...

Also there’s a bunch of outfits I want that don’t seem to be in the current scratch tickets so I need meseta to be a pretty space princess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You can pull a three day shop pass from the fun scratch

Jade Rider posted:

So I've gotten some conflicting information about how to unlock Hero. General searching just says two classes at 75, but a friend who played on the Japanese servers said that and two 13* weapons at +35. The official site doesn't have anything on it.

I think your friend is confusing the hero unlock with the first expert matching requirement which was one +35 13* (or a lv120 pet)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Ouhei posted:

Do I have to have premium to have a shop? NPCing all these rare drops I’ll never use feels like such a waste...

Also there’s a bunch of outfits I want that don’t seem to be in the current scratch tickets so I need meseta to be a pretty space princess.

If you play the FUN scratch, you'll occassionally get 3 day shop passes out. You only need it active to list items, taking them down or collecting the money from their sales doesn't require anything. (You can buy 1,000 FUN tickets at the EX-cube shop for 2 cubes)

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think your friend is confusing the hero unlock with the first expert matching requirement which was one +35 13* (or a lv120 pet)

Welp, in that case, at least I have a pretty good weapon for my main v:v:v

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Ardeem posted:

If you play the FUN scratch, you'll occassionally get 3 day shop passes out. You only need it active to list items, taking them down or collecting the money from their sales doesn't require anything. (You can buy 1,000 FUN tickets at the EX-cube shop for 2 cubes)

Excellent.

I fear I’m getting sucked into this game, I was just going to play to fill the time until the PS5 comes and now I’m wondering if I should get an Xbox series x so I can play new genesis...

What’s really nice is how I can run 2-3 missions in less than an hour, I don’t get a ton of extended time to play these days so being able to complete a few things in a short time feels nice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think NGS is still on the XBone

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think NGS is still on the XBone

Yeah but this already runs like poo on the One S, I can't imagine NGS being great.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ouhei posted:

Yeah but this already runs like poo on the One S, I can't imagine NGS being great.

Oh on an S? Yeaaaaaaaaah..

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh on an S? Yeaaaaaaaaah..

lol yeah, bought the S as a secondary console for Forza, never intended to do a whole lot with it, but it's serving as my main console since a storm took out my PS4 Pro. Womp womp.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Currently going through Episode 4 and the Limited Quest to get the bonuses until tomorrow's maintenance. At least get the non-emote bonuses since they're more interesting and I'll likely not use the emotes. Also got my MEL Mag to Level 200 which is good news for me.

Bethor is pretty great. The voice actor is really getting into it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pyro Jack posted:

Currently going through Episode 4 and the Limited Quest to get the bonuses until tomorrow's maintenance. At least get the non-emote bonuses since they're more interesting and I'll likely not use the emotes. Also got my MEL Mag to Level 200 which is good news for me.

Bethor is pretty great. The voice actor is really getting into it.

I ended up grinding out the last 11 Limited Quests I needed on normal. It felt like we were bullying the monsters with three 75+ arks repeatedly clearing the place in 4 minutes.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Got to the point where I got both bonuses on the story but I couldn't get the ones for the Limited Quest due to being forcibly logged out which is a downer. Yeah, I could've logged back in but I wouldn't rule out being logged out again.

Oh well, while it's a shame that I lost the SG, I can handle losing the emote. I'll just focus on finishing the story then and probably try and max out on Braver before Episode 5 and Hero is released tomorrow.

Also Pietro is probably one of my favorite characters in PSO2 now. I might actually switch my focus on level Bouncer to level Summoner after I max out Hero because of him.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 29, 2020

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Okay so I tossed some cash at the game last night to get premium (Fun scratch denied me shop access) and a few scratch tickets. Lucked out and got a couple cool looking outfits and the ones I got I didn't like sell for a lot of meseta so I can look around and buy the ones I do like. I wish it was a little easier to browse them, but I found a good listing of them online so I just search the names of ones that look cool.

Question: How do I get an extreme quest? I have some passes and a quest to clear one but I can't seem to find one in the quest menu.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They're under Sub Quests in the categorical menu, I think

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ouhei posted:

Okay so I tossed some cash at the game last night to get premium (Fun scratch denied me shop access) and a few scratch tickets. Lucked out and got a couple cool looking outfits and the ones I got I didn't like sell for a lot of meseta so I can look around and buy the ones I do like. I wish it was a little easier to browse them, but I found a good listing of them online so I just search the names of ones that look cool.

Question: How do I get an extreme quest? I have some passes and a quest to clear one but I can't seem to find one in the quest menu.

Sub Quests --> Extreme Quests + Being level 50+ for the first three and 75+ for the Heaven & Earth one.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Sub Quests --> Extreme Quests + Being level 50+ for the first three and 75+ for the Heaven & Earth one.

Ahhh, that'd do it then, I'm 48 so they won't show yet.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Note that Heaven & Earth can actually be a decent challenge for some classes if you're un/undergeared. The other three don't get too rough until the 60's

There are a few drops in there that are useful ie. Rabbit Wand which have good SAFs. Alter Magia in that wand's case.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Finished Episode 4 of PSO2. My opinion of it? It's not that bad though I do admit the beginning was a bit too slow until Hagith starts being an antagonist until he vanishes until the end of the story and the final boss of it, after fighting the Urgent Quest version multiple times, is underwhelming since it's only the first form. The rewards you get from it are really nice including 13-Star light-element Eggs of the three starting pets for people new to Summoner.

Guess I'll just max out on Braver and then wait for tomorrow.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Is there any way to track your progress with the affix / enhance reward thing going on right now? This: https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/r2e5enhancegreatness. I can't remember how many I've done in this period, considering just buying some junk and knocking out 5 of each. I want that Dreamcast, drat it.

Also, I assume "affix an augment 5 times" means 5 separate affix augment attempts, not, say, affixing 5 in one shot or two sessions with 3 augments and 2 augments for instance? Do the attempts have to succeed to count?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pyro Jack posted:

Finished Episode 4 of PSO2. My opinion of it? It's not that bad though I do admit the beginning was a bit too slow until Hagith starts being an antagonist until he vanishes until the end of the story and the final boss of it, after fighting the Urgent Quest version multiple times, is underwhelming since it's only the first form. The rewards you get from it are really nice including 13-Star light-element Eggs of the three starting pets for people new to Summoner.

Guess I'll just max out on Braver and then wait for tomorrow.

I felt pretty much the same way about it.

Code Jockey posted:

Is there any way to track your progress with the affix / enhance reward thing going on right now? This: https://www.pso2.com/news/announcements/r2e5enhancegreatness. I can't remember how many I've done in this period, considering just buying some junk and knocking out 5 of each. I want that Dreamcast, drat it.

Also, I assume "affix an augment 5 times" means 5 separate affix augment attempts, not, say, affixing 5 in one shot or two sessions with 3 augments and 2 augments for instance? Do the attempts have to succeed to count?

No way of tracking as far as I know and 5 separate successes.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hypocrisy posted:

No way of tracking as far as I know and 5 separate successes.

Thanks! Just bought a bunch of junk and I'm smashing it together.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Ouhei posted:

If you go to the scratch ticket section, there is an option called prize list that will let you click and preview items. You can find the ones you like and then search by name without having to look on a site. Don't forget to pay attention to color, unless you have a color pass to change it to whatever you want. Obviously only applies to current tickets though and you have to use sites to find older ticket items.

It also has the added benefit of telling you if it is unused, character bound, or account bound, so you can buy up all the cheap FUN cosmetics you missed while prices are 1-10k.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 29, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bloodplay it again posted:

If you go to the scratch ticket section, there is an option called prize list that will let you click and preview items. You can find the ones you like and then search by name without having to look on a site. Don't forget to pay attention to color, unless you have a color pass to change it to whatever you want. Obviously only applies to current tickets though and you have to use sites to find older ticket items.

It also has the added benefit of telling you if it is unused, character bound, or account bound, so you can buy up all the cheap FUN cosmetics you missed while prices are 1-10k.

Oh I didn't know you could do this, thank you!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

From the stream today. Code for a weapon camo, 100 SG, some buff items, and some keys.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The keys are worth either 30 or 60 SG as well

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Magatsu are 10 per completion, yeah. Also today I found out that you can exchange expired silver keys for golds. Welp.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

I'm having some regrets about braver after playing more, I'm on a controller and the targeting can get a little clunky sometimes and running more with other people other classes seem to be able to more easily target AoE than I can. Maybe I just suck at bow braver. I'm just annoyed that I'm at 49 now and feel like I wasted a bit of time and should have not used up all my exp tickets.

Edit: looks like they're doing a big EXP ticket campaign over the next week so it'd be a good time to either see Braver through or swap.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 30, 2020

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
They put Nemesis/Raven weapons in the unique badge shop. 400 badges for a 60ele/30capped weapon. RIP to anyone who blew millions buying them from player shops.(also, the Invade weapons are also available. dunno if they're any good)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
A 30cap vs a 35 is a pretty annoying difference. 2000 badges per weapon if you want a +35 is almost worth still dumping money on a random drop ones if they're not too up there.

For the really expensive ones like katana though it's quite funny.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Specto posted:

They put Nemesis/Raven weapons in the unique badge shop. 400 badges for a 60ele/30capped weapon. RIP to anyone who blew millions buying them from player shops.(also, the Invade weapons are also available. dunno if they're any good)

Glancing at the wiki, I *think* Invade is still slightly inferior to Nemesis/Raven, so I guess I get to keep these a bit longer. What I am more curious about is units. If I only managed to get 2/3 of the Zein set, what should I be targeting now?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hypocrisy posted:

From the stream today. Code for a weapon camo, 100 SG, some buff items, and some keys.

oooo thank you!

Also, glad I created my third character like 5 mins before maintenance last night, so I could get three skill reset voucher thingies. I need to unfuck some poor decisions I made on my Braver tree on my main, before I knew better.

also new mission pass time, time to collect me some new robot clothes :toot:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

Glancing at the wiki, I *think* Invade is still slightly inferior to Nemesis/Raven, so I guess I get to keep these a bit longer. What I am more curious about is units. If I only managed to get 2/3 of the Zein set, what should I be targeting now?

Circunion (upgraded Ray) should stay fine for a long time as a general purpose set.

E: Assuming you can get the PD runs for it.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 30, 2020

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

On that subject of units: I thus far have not been able to get enough Profound Darkness solos to upgrade my Ray units nor do I have any Clifard/Zeinesis off of Deus. What can I do unitwise?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Just realized we finally have access to the extreme quest for Valor rings :toot:

Now to farm stickers

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
So I unlocked and tried out Hero after using almost all of the EXP tickets that I saved for this. Got to around Level 60 with them before using up all of the Bonus Keys that I've also saved for this which resulted the class now at 78, roughly 12 levels away from the new cap. Had some difficulty getting used to it at first but I think I got the handle of it.

Also managed finish the remaining Collection Files I had before doing the new ones.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

AweStriker posted:

On that subject of units: I thus far have not been able to get enough Profound Darkness solos to upgrade my Ray units nor do I have any Clifard/Zeinesis off of Deus. What can I do unitwise?

Buster quests have a set of units that have a decent upgrade path and future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
In case anyone here is like me and has a baby brain that needs pictures to keep the new ep.5 upgrade path for Atlas Ex weapons straight in their head: