Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

GaylordButts posted:

Summoner uses Melee mags.
Summoner is going to use tech mags in episode 5 once we get rykros, so if you're not willing to spend $3 for another mag by then you'll want to do tech mag if you want to play summoner. You'll only be out a couple percent damage in the meantime.

This also applies if you aren't willing to spend $5 getting a second skill tree for fighter if you want to play it as a main class instead of getting all the melee up skills to make your summoner better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

jokes posted:

It’s a little crazy that people spend human dollars on things that ends up, mostly, containing poo poo worth a few hundred thousand meseta. You have a slim chance of getting maybe 6m meseta on an outfit at the top end. The value proposition doesn’t make sense. I haven’t bought anything with real dollars other than MAGs and an inventory expansion and I regret buying the mags. I also have about 40m meseta from doing stupid poo poo and have 0 level 75 classes.

You make a cool 2m or so in an hour by starting a character and getting them to 30 to sell the mag devices, if you’re hurting for cash. Seems to be the best way to make quick money? Whatever I haven’t done it in a while, weeklies and dailies alone give you a ton of bux.
You get pick tickets every so many pulls, so every 30 or 40 you're guaranteed to get that item that's worth 16-40 million (yes they sell for that much, not just 6 million) before the scratch is even over.

It makes more sense when you realize that some people make a hundred dollars an hour and have a lot of discretionary income they don't want to instead spend on rent seeking, stock market gambling, other hobbies or a large fancy house.