Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
All these issues combined with only installing Win10 yesterday and spending most of that day configuring the poo poo out of it to let my drawing tablet actually draw fluidly is making me really, really regretful that I upgraded to 10!

But hey, maybe the last two hours of unfinished 'Repair' means I might be able to play again sometime this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Morshu posted:

So I got curious and read up on some of the episodes that haven't been released in the west yet and please tell me episode 4 isn't as dumb as the summary I read sounds (spoilers I guess?) When you play the game you're controlling a real person in an alternate dimension and then John PhantasyStar comes to the real world

On the plus side, you also get to fight a three headed dragon made of trains and pilot a mecha against a giant flying 1940's battleship, but it is also otherwise just as dumb as what you've read probably makes it sound. Actually probably worse.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I think the real catcher, and this is even coming from someone with experience on JP, is that most PAs and Techs are really, really hard to work out what they do or how they work, even with the descriptions. While I know one could just grab everything you have and go into, like basic Forest 101 and practice things there, I think a training dummy that can take more than one hit or a similar kind of 'mission' would go a long way towards figuring out how stuff works without having to run around and wait for enemies that'll die in one hit to spawn in.

Granted, when you DO find the abilities that click for you, holy poo poo do they click. But some easier way to experiment would be very welcome.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I appreciated the Profound Darkness having PS4 arrangements in there, at the very least. Elsewise, yeah, Sega's always been huge about music so it's no surprise this game has a lot going on in that regard.